Accelerometer in future controllers.

Discus and support Accelerometer in future controllers. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My TV remote has an accelerometer in it, it's an LG magic remote. So I can use it as a pointer. It's so much better than using buttons. Why don't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gavin.Williams, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Accelerometer in future controllers.

Hi,

My TV remote has an accelerometer in it, it's an LG magic remote. So I can use it as a pointer. It's so much better than using buttons. Why don't you put something like that into the XBox controller! It's particularly helpful when entering text, it's a lot
    faster and easier than using buttons, and It's better than using the gamepad joystick as well for text input. Using gamepad joystick for text input feels last gen after using a magic remote.

I was playing Tomb Raider today and I found the experience of targeting with the gamepad just atrocious. I'm mainly a PC gamer. And the gamepad to me feels completely janky and inadequate for targeting in shooting games. It's sooooooo slow to target. The jaguars
    were just completely outmatching me, I couldn't even shoot them when they were right in front of me, but when they were off to the side, it's just pointless trying to track them. I'm sure the game is designed with controller in mind even, and it doesn't help
    the experience, it's just terrible. I'm already thinking of trying it on PC - except outside of combat, the gamepad is fine.

If you had an accelerometer in the controller, targeting would be much better I think, it could activate when aiming and turn off afterwards, giving back control to the joystick. I'm almost certain it would be a much better experience than aiming with the joystick.

:)

Gavin.Williams, Sep 2, 2019
  2. WUIJIBOBO Win User

I also feel that this feature on the PlayStation was a bit of a gimic, its irritating more than anything.
    I agree, using it on the PS3 was pretty bad. It works a little bit better on the PS4, but it's still not great. I suppose it's not too bad for typing, but I much prefer the fidelity and resistance of using analogue sticks. They're never going to
    be as precise as using a mouse, but they feel much better than using motion controls. There's still some weight and feedback to the movements.
  3. mozmoz2009 Win User

I have used but PS3 and PS4 Controllers and did not like the Accelerometer's I am old School love the joysticks
  4. skylaar Win User

I think this would be a great edition and the technology may have moved up a few levels since the PS4 controllers. Knowing that both systems had it, would developers then get more creative with games and find new ways to challenge gamers?
  5. Gavin.Williams Win User

A few people are talking about the increased cost. So I should point out that basic accelerometer chips are quite cheap, $3-$15 retail from what I found. Yes there will be some additional cost to implementing into the controller beyond the materials cost,
    but the XBox controller has already paid for it's engineering cost most likely, it's basically a stable product. Software might need to be updated, though Windows already has accelerometer support generally. We wouldn't even notice the cost, as it would be
    easily absorbed by the products ongoing revenue. And PS4 controller's - with accelerometers - are $99 from JBHiFi, the same price as XB1 controllers. So the argument that it would increase cost by any significant amount can generally be dismissed.

And there would be no point in having separate controllers with and without accelerometers, it would be easier and more broadly appealing to just have one controller with the accelerometer. If you don't want to use it, you wouldn't have to, it would be configurable
    in either game settings or in XBox settings globally.
  6. BakyOsijekHr Win User

I was a PC player for 35 years. Puah, consoles, no way! But after I bought S as a cheap 4k UHD player I tried some games. Today, 3 years later, my x is my home centre. I play only Sekiro on 2000 worth PC. Because of 60 FPS. That's all. But I 'm playing
    it via Bluetooth with the Xbox controller. And I am an insider and ambassador. Why all this story? You just need time to get used to the controller. And that's all. Wish you good gaming on anything with anything you are playing on and with. If they improve
    the controller with your idea, that would be great.
Thema:

1. Accelerometer in future controllers. - Similar Threads - Accelerometer future controllers

2. Future of Gold Membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Future of Gold Membership: Really not a forum question, but hoping someone in the company can address this: what is the future of Gold Memberships? I use my Xbox for streaming more than gaming and feel that losing the...
  3. Jet set radio future is a must

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jet set radio future is a must: Will JSRF ever be on xbox backwards compat ? Its been 3 years since i asked , i wont stop till this happens d7f34148-6c09-4a2f-a3a6-ac8e79f29b38
  4. Insider user's profile and its linked consoles for future notice.

in XboX Insiders
    Insider user's profile and its linked consoles for future notice.: Hey there. Do you have any info, for those who are gonna buy Xbox series x, what is gonna happen? Is xbox insider leveling global like windows insiders 10 PC where I can move to the same ring...
  5. Future of Xbox live? Price doubling? Free?

in XboX Insiders
    Future of Xbox live? Price doubling? Free?: What's going on with Xbox live? I've heard they are discontinuing the yearly subscription. Not sure why. Heard it's going to be linked with game pass now for twice the price. Also heard something...
  6. My Home Xbox Suggestion/idea for future console update

in XboX Insiders
    My Home Xbox Suggestion/idea for future console update: I made a suggestion to make the wait time for "make my home xbox" switch more available for example. Instead of 1 year how about 3 months because if people waste all their 5 switches they don't...
  7. Changing the colour of the guide, menus and UI in future?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing the colour of the guide, menus and UI in future?: While I know the interface of the guide will remain the same from Xbox One over to Xbox Series X, how would you feel if we had the option to change the colour of the UI in a future update? For me...
  8. The future for broadcasting on Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    The future for broadcasting on Xbox: Hey guys. I know you all have heard the breaking news yesterday that Microsoft have decided to shut down their streaming service Mixer and partnered with Facebook gaming. I have been a huge...
  9. Do you think the oneguide option is doomed to disappear in the future?

in XboX Insiders
    Do you think the oneguide option is doomed to disappear in the future?: It is currently almost un used and I wanted to know that you think about it both the users who use it and those who do not. Greetings. View Poll submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  10. Future

in XBoX on Consoles
    Future: Will Xbox Ask Nasa for help? If yes they could help on build on product for xbox... It'll be better than pc and any other consoles. 62efc596-b56f-4de5-bf0d-03af49357d9e