Accelerometer in future controllers.

Discus and support Accelerometer in future controllers. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My TV remote has an accelerometer in it, it's an LG magic remote. So I can use it as a pointer. It's so much better than using buttons. Why don't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gavin.Williams, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Accelerometer in future controllers.

Hi,

My TV remote has an accelerometer in it, it's an LG magic remote. So I can use it as a pointer. It's so much better than using buttons. Why don't you put something like that into the XBox controller! It's particularly helpful when entering text, it's a lot
    faster and easier than using buttons, and It's better than using the gamepad joystick as well for text input. Using gamepad joystick for text input feels last gen after using a magic remote.

I was playing Tomb Raider today and I found the experience of targeting with the gamepad just atrocious. I'm mainly a PC gamer. And the gamepad to me feels completely janky and inadequate for targeting in shooting games. It's sooooooo slow to target. The jaguars
    were just completely outmatching me, I couldn't even shoot them when they were right in front of me, but when they were off to the side, it's just pointless trying to track them. I'm sure the game is designed with controller in mind even, and it doesn't help
    the experience, it's just terrible. I'm already thinking of trying it on PC - except outside of combat, the gamepad is fine.

If you had an accelerometer in the controller, targeting would be much better I think, it could activate when aiming and turn off afterwards, giving back control to the joystick. I'm almost certain it would be a much better experience than aiming with the joystick.

:)

Gavin.Williams, Sep 2, 2019
  2. WUIJIBOBO Win User

I also feel that this feature on the PlayStation was a bit of a gimic, its irritating more than anything.
    I agree, using it on the PS3 was pretty bad. It works a little bit better on the PS4, but it's still not great. I suppose it's not too bad for typing, but I much prefer the fidelity and resistance of using analogue sticks. They're never going to
    be as precise as using a mouse, but they feel much better than using motion controls. There's still some weight and feedback to the movements.
  3. mozmoz2009 Win User

I have used but PS3 and PS4 Controllers and did not like the Accelerometer's I am old School love the joysticks
  4. skylaar Win User

I think this would be a great edition and the technology may have moved up a few levels since the PS4 controllers. Knowing that both systems had it, would developers then get more creative with games and find new ways to challenge gamers?
  5. Gavin.Williams Win User

A few people are talking about the increased cost. So I should point out that basic accelerometer chips are quite cheap, $3-$15 retail from what I found. Yes there will be some additional cost to implementing into the controller beyond the materials cost,
    but the XBox controller has already paid for it's engineering cost most likely, it's basically a stable product. Software might need to be updated, though Windows already has accelerometer support generally. We wouldn't even notice the cost, as it would be
    easily absorbed by the products ongoing revenue. And PS4 controller's - with accelerometers - are $99 from JBHiFi, the same price as XB1 controllers. So the argument that it would increase cost by any significant amount can generally be dismissed.

And there would be no point in having separate controllers with and without accelerometers, it would be easier and more broadly appealing to just have one controller with the accelerometer. If you don't want to use it, you wouldn't have to, it would be configurable
    in either game settings or in XBox settings globally.
  6. GroundOregano94 Win User

I was a PC player for 35 years. Puah, consoles, no way! But after I bought S as a cheap 4k UHD player I tried some games. Today, 3 years later, my x is my home centre. I play only Sekiro on 2000 worth PC. Because of 60 FPS. That's all. But I 'm playing
    it via Bluetooth with the Xbox controller. And I am an insider and ambassador. Why all this story? You just need time to get used to the controller. And that's all. Wish you good gaming on anything with anything you are playing on and with. If they improve
    the controller with your idea, that would be great.
Thema:

1. Accelerometer in future controllers. - Similar Threads - Accelerometer future controllers

2. Xbox One future

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One future: A friend of mine that works for gamestop said that he heard about this from higher up his chain. 914e51f2-0678-4443-b8cf-e898c02be9a7
  3. Will there be anymore rings above alpha skip ahead sometime in the near future?

in XboX Insiders
    Will there be anymore rings above alpha skip ahead sometime in the near future?: I remember reading an article way back that talked about adding additional rings above alpha and alpha skip ahead and was wondering if that's still going to be a thing or not? Been in the program...
  4. Future games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Future games: Will there ever be a realistic mlb game on xbox in the future we need one e8726d38-90e8-4f33-9305-33a2cf755973
  5. Xbox One Games For New Future Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Games For New Future Xbox: I have a question about some games that are currantly on the Xbox One, I will use the game Warframe as an example, when the new Xbox comes out, will my account on Warframe (And other online games)...
  6. Xbox Controller Future (elite and others)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Future (elite and others): I have personally always thought Microsoft should offer a repair service for their controllers (after I found out this was not something they already offered). After reading through the forms, I...
  7. Suggestion: Xbox gamers should be notified about future updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suggestion: Xbox gamers should be notified about future updates: Xbox users should be notified of whats going to happen to thier system in advance so that they can say if they like the new feature coming or not. This would benefit the community because it the...
  8. I wouldn't recommend Xbox in the future

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I wouldn't recommend Xbox in the future: We aren't getting reimbursed you guys... Microsoft is a corporation and corporations are too greedy to care about the consumer. My only suggestions is to cancel all subscriptions so you don't get...
  9. Not buying another xbox.....playstation now has my business for foreseeable future

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not buying another xbox.....playstation now has my business for foreseeable future: Xbox one x boots up but get blank screen. Tried all troubleshooting steps and kept it going for a month or so now get blank screen; called support and out of warranty and they want to charge $250...
  10. Wished Forza Horizon 4: future versions also offering international versions or options for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wished Forza Horizon 4: future versions also offering international versions or options for...: Wished Forza Horizon 4: future versions also offering international versions or options for right traffic Till now, the simulation Forza Horizon 4 is only on English roads, where left traffic is....