Accessibility issue 1 that more than 10% of the public will care about: Genesis style...

Discus and support Accessibility issue 1 that more than 10% of the public will care about: Genesis style... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; There are twin problems working together. but there are 2 soultions, and only one of them has to happen, and Micorsoft is in contorl of one of them,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TripleTopper321, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Accessibility issue 1 that more than 10% of the public will care about: Genesis style...

There are twin problems working together. but there are 2 soultions, and only one of them has to happen, and Micorsoft is in contorl of one of them, and Sega is in control of the other.

Ideally when playing Geneis games you should have this layout:

X Y Z

A B C

Most Xbo fight sticvks follow these standards:

Prime:

X Y White L

A B Black R

One way is

X Y LB LT

A B RB RT

Another way is

X Y RB LB

A B RT LT

I could never find an Xbox One fight stick at a decent price,., so i dont know what standard they use, ubt should eb similar to and Xbox 360

Sega's has exactly 2 control schemes; where the buttons map likr this ion a fight stick:

Scheme 1

On 360 stick 1

A Y X <

B C Z >

On 360 stick 2:

A Y Z X

B C > <

Scheme 2:

On 360 Stick 1

X Y Z <

A B C >

On 360 Stick 2

X Y C Z

A B > <

Sega tried, but couldn't cover all sticks. Since I don't notice any analogness on the rewind and fast forward, maybe

have a program-your-own button scheme, where LT and RT can be a button besides < and >

But even if Segas didn't, maybe Xbox is what Genesisn't. They have a baisc button remapping scheme built into their OS. The only problem is that analog Triggers can only be seen as anlog triggers, ad digitial buttons and directions can only be seen as
    digtial ones.

How do fight sticks get away with making all THEIR controls all digital. but Xbox's adaptive Button OS can't accommodate for that? There should be a checkmark called "Diigitize all controls / Fight stick mode" which treats all inputs as equals and are either
    pressed 100% or nothing. And maybe the anlaog sticks and triggers could hae a threshold where beyond a ceertain point the contorl is on, and bel;w a certian p[oint it is off. Nothing in between.

I don't know whether to go to Sega or Microsoft to fix this problem...

:)

TripleTopper321, Aug 18, 2019
  2. TripleTopper321 Win User

Accessibility issue 1 that more than 10% of the public will care about: Genesis style COntorls on Genesi Classics

Maybe you can try use this Guide -> How to customize an Xbox One Wireless Controller with the Xbox
    Accessories app
    Yes, I know t could work. You don't need an Elite conrtroller for it to work. Heck you don't even need a Microsoft-made controller.

I remapped buttons on the Power A "ring finger" Wired USB pad, where digital controls can be mapped to each other. Plus the ring finger buttons (as a function of the Power A controller) can be any button including a digitized version of a trigger.

(P.S. To any joystick hacker who doesn't know how to do analog to digital conversions: would maybe programming the ring finger buttons to be LT and RT and using those programmed digitized buttons to wire a fight stick come in handy? You don't need the analog
    trigger to digital button conversion. That is as long as the memory feature of the ring finger buttons isn't destroyed n the stick making process.)

i

Heck, Even my PS2 Street Fighter 15th Anniversary Stick plugged into a PS2-> Xbox One controller adapter does work with the Xbox button OS.

But they are all limited by the same problem of only LT and RT are swappable with each other. The only way that can be avoided is to have a checkbox for "all digital/Fight Stick Mode"

Sorry. I just corrected spelling, grammar, and a couple ambiguous sentences.
  3. choppyseize Win User

Accessibility issue 1 that more than 10% of the public will care about: Genesis style COntorls on Genesi Classics

You could even try the adaptive controller and customize it to your needs. That may be an option.
  4. TripleTopper321 Win User

Maybe you can try use this Guide -> How to customize an Xbox One Wireless Controller with the Xbox
    Accessories app
    Yes, I know t could work. You don't mned an Elite conrtroller for it to work. heck you don't even need a Mcrosoft-mae controller.

I remapped buttons on the Power A "ring finger" Wired USB pad, where digital controls can be mapped to each other. Plus the ring finger buttonscan be anhy button including a digtiized verison of a trigger.

P.S. Anuy joystick hackert who don't now how to do analog to digital converiosns, maybe programming the ring finger buttons to be LT and RT and usiug those programmed digitized butons to wire a figt stick would com in handy, as long as the memory featyure
    isn't destroyed n the stick making process.

Heck Even my PS2 Street Fihgter 15th Anniverary plugged into a Ps2-> Xboxn One controller adapter does with with the Xbox button OS.

But they are all limited by the same problem of only LT and RT are swappable with each other. The only way that can be avoided is to have a toggleable "all digital/Fight Stick Mode"
  5. Radiant Sword X Win User

Hi. If you are seeking some new controllers, try going to ebay to find controllers similar to those you want.
  6. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Thema:

Accessibility issue 1 that more than 10% of the public will care about: Genesis style...

1. Accessibility issue 1 that more than 10% of the public will care about: Genesis style... - Similar Threads - Accessibility issue more

2. I have some issues getting access to console streaming for my bro.

in XboX Insiders
    I have some issues getting access to console streaming for my bro.: Hi, recently I tried helping my bro get access to console streaming. I got him into xcloud a day later after registering. I already have access to console and cloud streaming. We use the same...
  3. Ea access issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ea access issues: Why i can't sing in to my ea access account(DIFFERENT MAIL THAN MY XBOX ACCOUNT) at my xbox one x??? I download from my xbox one x the ea access app but it doesn't give me a choice to sing in...
  4. Payment issue with Gamepass, paid but dont have access

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Payment issue with Gamepass, paid but dont have access: Ok, usually im billed the 12th of the month, sadly had no money on my bank account earlier this month. Yesterday i got soe funds and this morning iw as automatically billed. As i boot the xbox...
  5. Xbox Live Access Issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Access Issue: My son got a new xbox and he signed in to his account, but it is not recognizing his xbox live subscription. It keeps telling him he has to purchase a subscription but we already have an active...
  6. Access issues on Game Pass PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Access issues on Game Pass PC?: Hi all, I've tried to login to my Gamertag on the Beta app and it allows me to do so but as soon as I click "Let's Play", nothing happens and it juts takes me back to the same page to sign in...
  7. Accessing apps while Xbox is having core issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accessing apps while Xbox is having core issues: Can I access any of my apps while the core issue is going on? I wanted to watch a game and I cannot access ESPN+ app because I need to be signed in. I set up my living room to go through just the...
  8. COD WWII Live Access Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD WWII Live Access Issue: Cant log into the COD WWII live servers. Keep getting Error Code 32770 says service is not available but Xbox Live says all games and servers are up and running c3949a02-6bdf-49a6-82a6-6542ce6c3057
  9. Accessibility issue that at least 10% of people find handy #2: Right handed fight stick...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accessibility issue that at least 10% of people find handy #2: Right handed fight stick...: Now the second issue. I know i theory you CAn make any fleft handed fight stick as right handed one, eiother wiuht thew Xbox Btton reprogammability built in the Xbox OS, or even on Street Fiohter...
  10. Problema di Accesso all'account[Translation-Account Access issue]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problema di Accesso all'account[Translation-Account Access issue]: Buonasera, ho cambiato password al mio account xbox. Quando vado sulla mia xbox one provo ad accedere al mio account, fa un caricamento infinito e non succede niente. Aiuti? Sono molto spaventato....