Accessibility testing

Discus and support Accessibility testing in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm an avid gamer that happens to be an expert in digital accessibility (C.P.A.C.C. for those who are familiar). I noticed and reported... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/a11yguy, Nov 2, 2019.

1. /u/a11yguy
    /u/a11yguy Guest

Accessibility testing

Hello all,

I'm an avid gamer that happens to be an expert in digital accessibility (C.P.A.C.C. for those who are familiar).

I noticed and reported some Narrator issues on the Xbox Insider Hub, which got me thinking...

Is there anyone I can contact about advancing up the ring levels so I can for test accessibility before it gets to far ahead in development? I'm currently in the Omega ring and would like to get to Alpha Skip to review the UIs and features with Narrator.

The industry consensus is that checking for accessibility early on is a best practice, and I'd like to contribute to my expertise to ensure gamers of all abilities can play. Accessibility testing :)

In the mean time I'll continue to do the quests and survey with narrator to report any accessibility barriers.

Thanks for any pointers!

submitted by /u/a11yguy
    [link] [comments]

/u/a11yguy, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Eggnogga Win User

EA = Pathetic

[quote user="ICN3D"]

I don't know how early access works on console....but on PC you get early access and you're basically part of the testing group.

[/quote]If you're a part of the "testing group" 4 days before the game actually releases.... that's a pretty crappy testing group.
  3. El Mamas Boy Win User

No Permission to Access Beta Forums

How can I have access to the beta test updates
  4. StarBRIGHT87 Win User

Waited 2 days and still no beta forum access

My console has updated but the forum for the testing is still UN-accessable.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Moderators Get Early Access To Halo 4?!

makes sense that Microsoft employees would get early access, probably testing servers as the general public won't have access to any servers yet.
  6. choppyseize Win User

Pubg on xbox one

I'm not sure I understand the issue. You can only access the test servers? Did you download the full game or just the test server side of things?
Thema:

Accessibility testing

1. Accessibility testing - Similar Threads - Accessibility testing

2. Recently moved, cannot access G4G 360 games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recently moved, cannot access G4G 360 games.: I recently moved from the US to Latin America. From everything I was told, not by MS, my games would transfer without the need for a VPN. All my purchased games for all 3 generations play fine, as...
  3. XBox One S - Options For accessing files on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S - Options For accessing files on PC.: I apologize to anyone who has noticed that I'm posting a lot of questions on the forums. I thank you for your patience and deeply appreciate your time and any feedback. I'm starting to realize how...
  4. Xbox One X: EA Access Game will not launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X: EA Access Game will not launch: I got EA Access today to play the trials for NSF Heat and PVZ (new one). I downloaded both games, but when trying to play either of them I am greeted with the "Do you own this game or app?"...
  5. xbox all access

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    xbox all access: I like to know how I can get in to the Xbox all access program 502e55a1-44cc-4d50-b888-78f37a1a74e8
  6. Xbox all access UK accessibility is a joke.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox all access UK accessibility is a joke.: First off the service plain does not work and is entirely klarna, but at the end of the day Microsoft chose them as the financier. I have tried every day since the 5th of November to sign up to...
  7. Bug Battlefield V accès gratuit[Translation-Bug Battlefield V free access]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bug Battlefield V accès gratuit[Translation-Bug Battlefield V free access]: J'ai installer la beta gratuite de Battlefield V mais entre-temps j'ai acheté le jeu version CD donc j'ai installé le jeu version CD et une fois le téléchargement du jeu version CD terminée j'ai...
  8. cant access Enforcment

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant access Enforcment: Notice from Xbox Live Enforcement Action Due to Suspension you Cannot Send Messages. Xbox Support Cannot a\Assist in this Situation. Learn More about this Suspension at enforcment.xbox.com. Now...
  9. Xbox One S cannot access accessories settings, just keeps spinning loading circle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S cannot access accessories settings, just keeps spinning loading circle: I recently bought a secondhand Xbox One S with a controller, and I was able to access the Accessories settings to check the firmware version no problem. I bought a second controller (Microsoft)...
  10. EA Access

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA Access: Доброго времени суток! Подскажите, такая проблема. Приобрел подписку, потом вынужден был её приостановить. Через несколько месяцев пробую её возобновить, но не получается. Отсутствует какая либо...