Accessing xbox live account after updating security info.

Discus and support Accessing xbox live account after updating security info. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey all, I've recently had to update the security information associated with my microsoft account. As a result I am now blocked from signing into my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GWould, Apr 21, 2019.

1. GWould
    GWould Guest

Hey all,

I've recently had to update the security information associated with my microsoft account. As a result I am now blocked from signing into my xbox live account for a month. This is my main account with a considerable amount of time spent, I would rather not
    have to make a second account for a month.

My question is wether there is any way for me to get around this? For example, is there any way to add my console as a trusted device, etc.

Thank you for any and all help.

:)

GWould, Apr 21, 2019
  2. GWould Win User

I see, that might be part of the problem. Originally the email account associated was deactivated due to the fact I hadn't signed in for quite some time (other than xbox live.) I was trying to change the email linked to my xbox live profile, but couldn't
    because of the inactive email address. As a result I then went through the process of reactivating the email and updating the security info.

To reactivate the email address I had to supply quite a bit of personal information, which was then verified. So I'm just a little surprised that this roadblock even exists.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi GWould,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue with signing in. When you do a security proof change you are allowed to sign in but not make any additional changes or make purchases most times. Have you tried signing in with the new email you changed? Sometimes
    it will allow you to use the email even the security block is in place.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Normally the block is for doing things that require a security code be sent to verify ownership. Some things this includes.

Making major changes to accounts. Password, email, phone number.

Recovering an account like if you forgot the password.

Adding your account to a new device that it has not been added to previously like a Win 10 computer or xbox console.

Unless you are trying to do one of these things changing the security proof on your account should not prevent you from signing in unless you have attempted the wrong password to many times and then MSs system sees this as possible suspicious activity and
    would require you to verify ownership of the account that way and may block signing into the account even with the correct password till it is verified.

At this point you should be able to sign into your account on your devices that it was on previously and any new device you would have to wait the 30 day waiting period the ONLY way around this would be to gain access to your old security proof when you
    go to cancel the 30 day hold it will want to verify ownership by sending out the code to the old security proof.
  5. GWould Win User

It's not quite what I was hoping for but it's a start, I will definitely have to try calling during some better hours.

Thank you, for the link it should help make things much easier.
  6. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

as far as I know there is no way around it, or way to speed it up.

You can consider trying to contact Xbox Support (via Phone) to see if they can do anything, but it might just be the case that you will have to wait.

This link will show the Phone contact details:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us?isChatCallAvailable=false

Be sure to check the country in bottom corner, this needs to match the country you are in.
Thema:

1. Accessing xbox live account after updating security info. - Similar Threads - Accessing live account

2. Despite having reached GDPR minimum age I'm still denied to access my Xbox Live account...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Despite having reached GDPR minimum age I'm still denied to access my Xbox Live account...: Hello, I've recently reached the minimum age of consent for the treatment of personal data for my country (included in the GDPR). For that reason, I asked to be removed from the Microsoft family...
  3. Child Account Live Access

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child Account Live Access: We have set up and Xbox Live account for my son, I went through all of the required permissions and the only restriction I gave him was having to ask to purchase things. So why when he tries to...
  4. I've lost access to my xbox live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've lost access to my xbox live account: Hi, i'm trying to get help with this account because i haven't been able to recover my original xbox live account, i've tried to recover it several times already without any success, it keeps...
  5. No Access and can’t recover account but paying for Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Access and can’t recover account but paying for Xbox live: Hi all, i have been locked out of my other account and have no way of getting it back and now i am stucking paying a montly subscription for xbox. please help me cancel it!...
  6. I can't access anything on my xbox live account after changing my email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access anything on my xbox live account after changing my email...: I changed my primary email on my microsoft account by making my gmail the primary email, then removed the email i created for microsoft all together. And now, whenever I try and play a game or use...
  7. My Children cannot access the xBox Live Gold Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Children cannot access the xBox Live Gold Account: We have a new xBox One. We have an active xBox Live Gold account, but my children cannot access it under their sign-ons. I have their access set to Teen level and they are under my account as...
  8. Unable to connect Xbox Live Account to Fortnite and access information on my xbox live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to connect Xbox Live Account to Fortnite and access information on my xbox live account: I can not connect Xbox Live Account to Fortnite because when I try, I'm told I do not have a live xbox account [img] Pressing on Accedi a Xbox ( Access to Xbox ) I am sent to the xbox site and...
  9. Xbox live account access

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live account access: Ok let me start out by saying it took 3 weeks just to get back in to my old account didnt have access to my old email and or phone number so that pissed me off just a lil and now that i have...
  10. Acesso a conta xbox live[Translation - Xbox Live Account Access]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Acesso a conta xbox live[Translation - Xbox Live Account Access]: Seguinte rapaziada, meu e-mail ficou inativo de uma hora pra outra, mas sempre estava online no xbox 360, porem agora o e-mail esta inativa e quando vou tentar logar, diz que a conta não existe,...