Accidentally bought a physical copy for my All Digital XBox One S

Discus and support Accidentally bought a physical copy for my All Digital XBox One S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Yea, I accidentally bought Gears 5 for my all-digital console. The game is unopened, and I haven’t been able to find any solutions. Any advice on what... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by biscuithandsman, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Accidentally bought a physical copy for my All Digital XBox One S

Yea, I accidentally bought Gears 5 for my all-digital console. The game is unopened, and I haven’t been able to find any solutions. Any advice on what my options are?

Thanks!

:)

biscuithandsman, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Flymonkey102 Win User

Returning it would be easiest for sure. I've also heard that sometimes the Microsoft Store will swap unopened physical releases for a digital copy but I have never checked to see if that is true.
  3. OGQSTDoH Win User

Return then purchase digital
  4. Smwutches Win User

Return it to the retailer you purchased it from and then purchase it digitally.
  5. Ironwilled Win User

Yeah if you bought it from Amazon, I was gonna suggest exchanging it for a digital copy instead, but if its a mom and pop store, then yeah refund and buy again.
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

I bought Red Dead 2 on CD, but my console dosent have drive

I presume you bougth the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition console which is only able to play digital games. As it does not have a disc drive.

As suggested you will need to return the physical copy of the game and purchase the digital copy.
Thema:

1. Accidentally bought a physical copy for my All Digital XBox One S - Similar Threads - Accidentally bought physical

2. I accidentally bought an Xbox live gold card from a different region

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally bought an Xbox live gold card from a different region: So I bought this Xbox live gold card a couple of months back. It turned out to be from a different region. Can I still use the card? I think I can change my region to do so but is there some legal...
  3. Accidentally bought the wrong format

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally bought the wrong format: Good day. I was trying to play Minecraft and decide to buy the game. After searching the game for a while, I couldn't find it. but I did find Minecraft XBOX ONE and I remember that my pc (Windows...
  4. I bought the bdo game and I accidentally deleted the stuff that came with the game is there...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought the bdo game and I accidentally deleted the stuff that came with the game is there...: I bought the bdo game accidentally deleted the contents that came with the game.Iwas wondering is there away I could restore it 18c4ea87-7a9b-4d32-b7fa-ed22466afee0
  5. Refunding DLC for game i don't own ? (accidentally bought )

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refunding DLC for game i don't own ? (accidentally bought ): Hi. Is there a possibility to refund a DLC i accidentally boutght for a game i don't own ( and don't plan to ). There is no option to do it from the order page. thank you...
  6. Accidentally bought an xbox exclusive game through the microsoft store on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally bought an xbox exclusive game through the microsoft store on PC: I bought a game on the Microsoft Store app on PC, and only found out after the purchase went through that it was Xbox One exclusive. I am not able to refund it, which I suspect is because you have...
  7. Accidentally bought this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally bought this: My son Accidentally brought the 100 dollar shark card and I was wondering if I can get a refund 26515447-6b8f-4ff1-ba0a-1f3092144d53
  8. I accidentally bought a wrong DLC, can I get a refund to buy something else?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally bought a wrong DLC, can I get a refund to buy something else?: Yesterday, I accidentally bought the Fallout Mash-Up pack for the Minecraft XBOX ONE edition, while I wanted to buy this exact pack for the normal Minecraft, they cost the same. Am I able to get...
  9. Accidentally bought game for wrong console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally bought game for wrong console.: Hi. I accidentally bought Shadow of Mordor for the Xbox 360 while I'd meant to buy it for the Xbox One. I did this by buying the game on the Xbox store via my phone and not using the console. Is...
  10. I accidentally bought at game for my son's XBOX one with my microsoft account, rather than his ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally bought at game for my son's XBOX one with my microsoft account, rather than his ...: I accidentally bought at game for my son's XBOX one with my microsoft account, rather than his - How can I move the game purchase to his account to use? I don't have an XBOX to use it on anyhow....