Accidentally changed gamertag

Discus and support Accidentally changed gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Literally like 10 minutes ago, I was picking a new gamertag and accidentally claimed a name that Microsoft had suggested to me. Well I had the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lewistripskins, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Accidentally changed gamertag

Literally like 10 minutes ago, I was picking a new gamertag and accidentally claimed a name that Microsoft had suggested to me. Well I had the impression that the name would have all those numbers in it and it seemed like the name I typed was available.
    Is there anyway to reverse this.

:)

lewistripskins, Jun 13, 2019
  2. ngocphi Win User

I siggest you read the e3 announcenent if you try and take an existing name you are given a randomized hastag

However if you dont want this the onky way around it is to try a not already used name

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/gamertag-updates-faq

You cant take whale if it is already taken hence the hashtag
  3. SylvorOnix Win User

It can't be reversed however you could always change your gamertag to something else if you are not happy with it. There is a fee to do so though
  4. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Sorry sad to say its no way to reverse this process. Once name picked and claimed its yours.
  5. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

Once changed, you have to pay again to change it
  6. Khaenin Win User

names like "whale" aren't just available man :/
Thema:

1. Accidentally changed gamertag - Similar Threads - Accidentally changed gamertag

2. I used my free gamertag accidentally and now I cannot change it back!

in XBoX on Windows
    I used my free gamertag accidentally and now I cannot change it back!: Hello, In Xbox Console Companion, I was unaware that you got a "free" gamertag change. I already had the name I wanted, (IanRecker) but being curious I decided to see what would happen if I tried...
  3. Gamertag change costs 9.99$ at second time, but the first was random and accidental.

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag change costs 9.99$ at second time, but the first was random and accidental.: As in the title, when i created an account I got gamertag from your system, it was: EmphaticSpark12 . I must have changed it by accident into another random system generated gamertag called...
  4. Technical issues on the gamer-tag change page cause for accidental tag claim

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Technical issues on the gamer-tag change page cause for accidental tag claim: Hi, I was eligible for a free change of my gamertag and tried using your website to make a change. Unfortunately, after a few tags checks the button and the red message seemed to stopped...
  5. Little brother accidentally changed region

in XBoX on Consoles
    Little brother accidentally changed region: My bro has been having payment issues with xbox for a while. The xbox keeps thinking we're in United States and always asking for State when trying to pay for games and stuff. i tried to change...
  6. accidentally changed the region from Switzerland to Germany

in XBoX on Consoles
    accidentally changed the region from Switzerland to Germany: I changed the region accidentally from Switzerland to Germany. I know about the 3 months policy but i kindly request to manually change it back to Switzerland as soon as possible. Thank you in...
  7. Can't connect to xbox live after name change and accidental unplug of console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live after name change and accidental unplug of console: Hi, I changed my name on xbox 2 hours ago, and I was waiting for the name to change and I was going downstairs and I stepped on my XBOX 360 console cord, I replugged it and I can't sign in, when I...
  8. Accidentally requested a security info change & I can't receive a code to cancel it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accidentally requested a security info change & I can't receive a code to cancel it: So basically I accidentally requested a security info change & I can't cancel it as the phone number associated with the account can't receive texts. I can't access Xbox Support or anything...
  9. Accidentally Changed My Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accidentally Changed My Gamertag: I have had the same gamertag for 2 years as i am a very loyal xbox customer. I finally decided that before the new year i would change my gamertag to something fresh and new. I was in the middle...
  10. My gamertag B ubble was accidentally force name changed.. What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My gamertag B ubble was accidentally force name changed.. What should I do?: My gamertag was hacked and when they gave it back it was issued a FNC for some stupid reason. I am VERY angry, and support has done jack to help me. What should I do? Keep pressing support to do...