Accidentally changed my gamertag due to a malfunction.

Discus and support Accidentally changed my gamertag due to a malfunction. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was trying to help my cousin Hilary change his Xbox gamertag, because we couldn't find the option to do so in the Xbox app. So I booted up my PC and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PacoDaTacoXD, Apr 27, 2020.

1. PacoDaTacoXD
    PacoDaTacoXD Guest

I was trying to help my cousin Hilary change his Xbox gamertag, because we couldn't find the option to do so in the Xbox app. So I booted up my

PC and went to xbox.com. I signed out, typed in Hilary's account email and password and pressed enter. BUT THEN, it somehow malfunctioned and

I was still logged into my own Xbox account. Without realising, I changed my OWN GAMERTAG to HilaryOnion, what Hilary suggested his new

gamertag should be. I later found out that I changed my own gamertag and almost cried. So now, I have this gamertag and I can't change it back

without paying.

I want my old gamertag back, it was TacoMcNoober.

Is there a way for me to change it back without paying for it, or at least undo the gamertag change?

:)

PacoDaTacoXD, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Daft Badger Win User

Accidentally Changed My Gamertag

You can change your gamertag again but you will have to pay,you won't get it changed for free.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Accidentally changed gamertag

I siggest you read the e3 announcenent if you try and take an existing name you are given a randomized hastag

However if you dont want this the onky way around it is to try a not already used name

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/gamertag-updates-faq

You cant take whale if it is already taken hence the hashtag
  4. SylvorOnix Win User

It can't be reversed however you could always change your gamertag to something else if you are not happy with it. There is a fee to do so though
  5. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Sorry sad to say its no way to reverse this process. Once name picked and claimed its yours.
  6. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

Once changed, you have to pay again to change it
Thema:

1. Accidentally changed my gamertag due to a malfunction. - Similar Threads - Accidentally changed gamertag

2. I Accidentally Changed My DOB And Now I Can't Change My Gamerpicture

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Accidentally Changed My DOB And Now I Can't Change My Gamerpicture: I was checking my settings the other day and realised my DOB was set up as my older brothers, so I tried to change it to my DOB (26/6/1995), but while i was scrolling i clicked 2006 instead of...
  3. My cat accidentally turned my xbox off and it made me change my password.

in XboX Insiders
    My cat accidentally turned my xbox off and it made me change my password.: Last night my cat accidentally turned off my xbox around 2 am. No big deal, I turn it back on and my xbox tells me to log in using my controller. My controller is connected to my account so it...
  4. PLEASE BRING BACK 15 CHARACTER GAMERTAGS. I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGED MINE BECAUSE OF POORLY...

in XboX Insiders
    PLEASE BRING BACK 15 CHARACTER GAMERTAGS. I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGED MINE BECAUSE OF POORLY...: My gamertag was the same as my reddit name "TheLastMojojomo". I was just screwing around with changing it last night and accidentally changed it to "FlitterBits" while fooling around in a party...
  5. I accidentally changed my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally changed my gamertag: So, I found out I could change my gamertag and I was checking it out and everything but I didn't mean to actually change my gamertag and now I'm stuck with my new gamertag unless I play $13.45. Is...
  6. Accidentally changed gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accidentally changed gamertag: Literally like 10 minutes ago, I was picking a new gamertag and accidentally claimed a name that Microsoft had suggested to me. Well I had the impression that the name would have all those numbers...
  7. I used my free gamertag accidentally and now I cannot change it back!

in XBoX on Windows
    I used my free gamertag accidentally and now I cannot change it back!: Hello, In Xbox Console Companion, I was unaware that you got a "free" gamertag change. I already had the name I wanted, (IanRecker) but being curious I decided to see what would happen if I tried...
  8. Gamertag change costs 9.99$ at second time, but the first was random and accidental.

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag change costs 9.99$ at second time, but the first was random and accidental.: As in the title, when i created an account I got gamertag from your system, it was: EmphaticSpark12 . I must have changed it by accident into another random system generated gamertag called...
  9. Accidentally Changed My Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accidentally Changed My Gamertag: I have had the same gamertag for 2 years as i am a very loyal xbox customer. I finally decided that before the new year i would change my gamertag to something fresh and new. I was in the middle...
  10. My gamertag B ubble was accidentally force name changed.. What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My gamertag B ubble was accidentally force name changed.. What should I do?: My gamertag was hacked and when they gave it back it was issued a FNC for some stupid reason. I am VERY angry, and support has done jack to help me. What should I do? Keep pressing support to do...