Accidentally deleted Xbox one profile, how to get it back

Discus and support Accidentally deleted Xbox one profile, how to get it back in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a used xbox one console off a site. The xbox was 500 gb, and it had a bunch of extra stiff on it. Im pretty sure it had xbox gold, because it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Coolio-911, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Coolio-911
    Coolio-911 Guest

I bought a used xbox one console off a site. The xbox was 500 gb, and it had a bunch of extra stiff on it. Im pretty sure it had xbox gold, because it had gta v downloaded and let me play it online. And fortnite, and call of duty black opps 3, and forza
    horizon. This was all on that persons old profile. They had cancelled xbox gold, and I checked in the settings. There was almost no space left though on the console. There were like 7 games downloaded on the console. I bought the game nba 2k19, and i wanted
    to play it, but there is no storae to download it, so i reset the console, but selected reset and keep the games, so i could still play it. But it deleted the other persons console and i cant play any of the games or have game pass or play xbox gold anymore.
    Is there any way to get jt back and erase what i did. I cant afford xbox live gold, and it seems it was free on the xbox and I really want to get it back so i can playfortnite and gta v. Is there any way to like undo what i did. Im so mad at myself. And this
    person cancelled their credit card and i double checked with them that their account wad logged in and they knew btw also.

:)

Coolio-911, Oct 1, 2019
  2. JTL1E Win User

contact the person you bought it from
  3. ArminatorX Win User

... i was in contact with the seller and i told them i wanted to remove their account, and they told me that when i did i would still have the game pass subscription and all the games that were pre installed on the console.
    Unfortunately, that information is incorrect.

If the seller told you that, and you actually paid money for the games on that console, please have the seller refund your money.

Digital games are tied to an user account, and can't be transferred. As "ThisGameIsSucky" explained above, the owner account of these games and memberships (like Game Pass and Gold) can share these to a specific console: The user's "Home Console".

However, the user can change that Home Console setting any time they want, and if they choose a different Home Console, your console loses the ability to unlock that user's games for you, and also won't share Gold or Game Pass to your console anymore.

And it seems that this just happened.

This might be because the seller didn't know better, and accidentally gave you this false information.

Or the seller knowingly sold you a console "with" games, hoping to get more money, then move his Home Console setting to a new console he bought with your additional money, and sells this console "with" games to another victim, buys a new console, changes
    the Home Console, removing the games from the sold console, sells the console "with" games to a new victim, rinse and repeat.
  4. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

You can't recover a gamer taf, especially if it's not yours unless; you have usedname or password,
    Access to the Microsoft account email. P.S I doubt it's legal either
  5. Coolio-911 Win User

Ok thank you for letting me know i was not aware that was illegal. I contacted the seller before to let them know they were logged in, and i checked the payment bar to make sure everything was cancelled because i didnt want to accidentially make a purchase
    sknce their account was logged in- the full credit card information was not even shown. I was only asking because i was in contact with the seller and i told them i wanted to remove their account, and they told me that when i did i would still have the game
    pass subscription and all the games that were pre installed on the console.
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

You cannot retrieve any of the account's purchases and subscriptions without the consent of the owner of the account and their account information. So no, there is no way to undo what you had done. And you really shouldn't have been using that person's games
    and subscriptions.

In reality, wiping the console after it having been bought used should have been the first thing you should have done. Its against the terms of service and in some cases
    could be considered illegal to be using someone else's account/digital property without their full consent.

I would recommend asking a close friend or relative (such as your best friend or brother) for their license transfer/home Xbox share if they have an Xbox One as well. That way you wouldn't have to pay for subscriptions and could have some games to play in
    the meantime. Buying a videogame console is an investment and with everything being online these days, I'd recommend saving up for at least enough money to buy a few months of Gold and then play it out from there. You could also try using Microsoft Rewards
    through Bing in order to gain rewards points for to 'purchase' an Xbox Live Gold gift card.

Also, I should mention the way you said you found out their credit/debit card was canceled leads me to believe you were either viewing someone else's billing information to discover their credit/debit card was canceled... or you tried to make a purchase.
    That's considered fraudulent behavior and could get you in serious trouble.

For more information on Microsoft Rewards and Home Xbox sharing refer to these links please.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/rewards

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
Thema:

1. Accidentally deleted Xbox one profile, how to get it back - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted profile

2. Accidentally deleted prepaid xbox live gold 3 month subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accidentally deleted prepaid xbox live gold 3 month subscription: Accidentally deleted prepaid Xbox live gold 3 month subscription. Can I get it back please this was an accident. 124f3592-d767-4853-8206-09683c3d5e9a
  3. Accidentally deleted MyCareer on the console for NBA2K19 how do i recover it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally deleted MyCareer on the console for NBA2K19 how do i recover it?: I looked everywhere online and all people talk about is the cloud but no instructions on how to go into the cloud or sync it? I can't even find the cloud in my storage area, any help would be...
  4. Accidentally deleted profile save data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally deleted profile save data: is it at all possible to recover save data, its been less than an hour since the delete. 87bbd472-92aa-455d-8ebb-2108051aa988
  5. Game profile accidentally deleted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game profile accidentally deleted: Hi everyone, I accidentally deleted the Lego Superheroes profile on the Xbox One that was saved in the cloud. Is it possible to get it back? Thanks. Matheus Lopes...
  6. Accidentally deleted a user profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accidentally deleted a user profile: One of my twins accidentally deleted his brother's Xbox one user profile. I have no idea how to recover. Any help at all is greatly appreciated. I have one upset kid. Please help....
  7. Profile Accidentally deleted and can't access game data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile Accidentally deleted and can't access game data: I deleted my profile on accident and now i can't access my data and I was wondering if i have to start over because i can't access my game files. 29add037-69b7-46b9-82f8-c2a08d9e159f
  8. HELP! Need to link save file (Diablo 3), accidentally deleted offline profile. HELP. HELP.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP! Need to link save file (Diablo 3), accidentally deleted offline profile. HELP. HELP.: It was just an honest mistake I wanted my xbox live (signed up in computer instead of xbox) up. I deleted the offline profile not knowing that it wont recover....just because I wanted to link...
  9. i accidentally deleted my profile and items and i really want my saves back can some one help ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i accidentally deleted my profile and items and i really want my saves back can some one help ...: i accidentally deleted my profile and items and i really want my saves back can some one help me on my xbox 360 harddrive. 50c6c51b-57fe-42db-b161-56956fec8e47
  10. Accidentally Pressed Delete Profile and All Items?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accidentally Pressed Delete Profile and All Items?: So my friend came over he signed in his account to play some split screen. When he left I went to delete his profile off my console but I pressed Delete Profile and ALL ITEMS. I swiftly ran to my...