Account accessibility and verification issues

Discus and support Account accessibility and verification issues in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, This is my first time posting to a forum and I wish it could be about anything other than my current situation. I am looking for guidance on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chris Tucker1, Sep 21, 2022 at 3:52 AM.

1. Account accessibility and verification issues

Hello,

This is my first time posting to a forum and I wish it could be about anything other than my current situation. I am looking for guidance on what to do for this particular issue. I just got home from work and logged on to my Xbox and it asked for account verification. I gave my credentials like it has occasionally done in the past but is unable to verify my account.

I have had issue with my Xbox account in the past because had and old AOL account as my Microsoft contact Information and ever since Verizon bought out AOL I have never had access to it. I tried doing so a few time in the past but they cannot help me as I was not the primary account holder when my family had aol, 20ish years ago. They have gone as far as to ask for a death certificate of the deceased account holder to put the accounts in my name and then reset everything.I never committed to doing that because it was never an issue until now. This has never been an issue because it will always ask for credentials to your Microsoft account rather than the direct email account which I’ve always had on hand. I have tried to recover the Microsoft account and answer all my questions but I get a response back saying that I have not entered information correctly and my account will stay blocked for the time being until I can submit a form with the proper information filled out.

I am incredibly stressed out about the whole thing. I have had this account since around around 2006 and have put thousands of dollars into it over the past 16 years. I have credit statements showing the Live subscription being paid for in one way or another consistently that entire duration of time. I need to know what can be done to show I am who I am. I had to use a secondary account to make this because for obvious reasons the Microsoft account in question is currently blocked. I have tried calling but the prompt on the website to request a call will not allow me to speak to a rep about this. All attempts to help the situation have all involved verifying said account, which is the whole reason I’m trying to reach out to someone.

This is the one way I keep in touch with friends. It would be appreciated to be heard and take the steps I need to in order to rectify the issue. I hope to hear from someone soon to help in this matter.

Thank you for listening.

:)

Chris Tucker1, Sep 21, 2022 at 3:52 AM
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Chris

Sorry to hear that, usually when the recover form is rejected you have these options:
    "What you can do...

Fill out the account recovery form again We recommend that you try filling out the account recovery form again. You can do this up to two times per day. Do this if you find more information or remember something else about your account that will help.

Create a new Microsoft account You can always create a new Microsoft account in the interim if you’re having trouble with the recovery request and try again later when you remember something new that might help.

Add security and recovery features to your new account If you decide to create a new Microsoft account we recommend you follow the guidance to add one or more additional security contact info methods to your account right away. Review and set up an alternative sign in methods, such as the Microsoft Authenticator app to use to sign into your account."

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Just in case, you could try alternative methods to recover your account here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Please note that no one here in the public forums can modify or share account details due to privacy and security policies
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Account Suspended

In theory, if you activated 2 steps verification is not possible to access your account unless you have access to the 2 verification steps information/device, so you should not need anyone to recover your account
  4. HarveyBrook Win User

How do I unlink my ea account as e mail now expired ?

Thanks. My issue is that I can't access my ea account because they keep sending verification codes to my old email. Contacting ea is turning into a nightmare.
  5. Dérek Augusto Win User

how to protect account

He certainly had access to the confirmation medium as well.

Put 2-Step Verification on all your accounts.

The only way of security is this verification
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

xbox

With Two step verification turned on the only thing that I can reccomend is to try and regain access to that email that you no longer have access to.

The account recovery form is not going to help you out with the Two step verification turned on and neither will xbox support.
Thema:

1. Account accessibility and verification issues - Similar Threads - Account accessibility verification

2. I cant access my minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant access my minecraft account: I transferred my minecraft account to my mojang account with a different email but now I can't log in to the account.please recover my account.Nick Shadestode d5a76f4f-5fe6-4b2b-bad0-6d963edbe00b
  3. Does changing your email address on your account affect your access to Microsoft Flight...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does changing your email address on your account affect your access to Microsoft Flight...: If I change the email address associated with my Microsoft Account will I still be able to access Microsoft Flight Simulator? I need to change my email address but someone mentioned that my...
  4. I can't login to my account after recovery form failed to access my 60 plus games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login to my account after recovery form failed to access my 60 plus games: Ok I'm not blaming Microsoft I understand that there are security measures in place to stop hackers I get that. One day I tried logging into my account (using a created account now) and it said it...
  5. My friend can't access his account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My friend can't access his account: My friend and I need some help with an xbox account. It is a very old a long lived account and had been on many consoles and units, however recently it has asked him to do a 2 step verification to...
  6. Two Xbox Accounts Under One Email. Cannot access my main Xbox Account Online

in XBoX Accessibility
    Two Xbox Accounts Under One Email. Cannot access my main Xbox Account Online: I created one account ages before my new account and had forgotten about it. I created my second account under the same email and Xbox let me create it. However whenever I go to access my main...
  7. Lost email access to migrate minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost email access to migrate minecraft account: Hello, i currently lost the access to my email to regain the code to migrate my mojang account to a microsoft account, there's something you can do? Thanks. d339cd65-26c8-43f5-8320-cb523e60d970
  8. My account was made account with an email I have no access and no verification to prove its...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was made account with an email I have no access and no verification to prove its...: When I was 8, my mum's boyfriend made a Microsoft account with his email and password who became my mum's ex 2 years later. I've been using the account for the past 8 years with no problems until...
  9. Microsoft account blocked - two step verification - no phone number access

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account blocked - two step verification - no phone number access: Hi I have a problem. I cannot get access to my Microsoft account anymore as I have forgot the password and I have tried everything. Somehow I turned on two step authentication which I don’t...
  10. I do not have access to my warzone account since it has two-step verification

in XBoX on Windows
    I do not have access to my warzone account since it has two-step verification: I do not have access to my warzone account since it has two-step verification BUT THE ISSUE IS THAT I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE ACCESS CODES, how do I solve this issue?...