Account Blocked: Microsoft charging bank account but cannot unblock

Discus and support Account Blocked: Microsoft charging bank account but cannot unblock in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two Xbox Live Gold accounts: one for me and one for my kids. My account is 3 years old. It has been blocked due to 'too many password... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hockeypucks3, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Hockeypucks3
    Hockeypucks3 Guest

I have two Xbox Live Gold accounts: one for me and one for my kids.

My account is 3 years old. It has been blocked due to 'too many password attempts' for approximately two years.

The email associated with my Live Gold account is no longer valid; it was an att.net account and att.net closed it. Ergo, I have no access whatsoever to the email account associated to my Live Gold account. I also do not have any of the original security
    verification information. It was, unfortunately, stored in the email account that was closed.

Microsoft is still billing me for the account. However I have no way to verify my identity using Microsoft's online forms because, like I said, I do not any longer have the security verification question answers. So, I have been paying $9.99 a month for
    an Xbox Live account that I cannot access. Attempts to call Microsoft support always results in being redirected to the online form.

Apparently, the only way I can cancel the billing on the account is going to be to change my credit card number with the bank so that Microsoft's attempts to continue to charge me will fail. I don't want to go through this hassle because I have my home
    utilities and other recurring monthly bills set up on auto-payment using the same account number...So, because Microsoft is incapable of, or unwilling to, performing identity management using billing information like most normal businesses, I have to change
    my credit card number and then go around and update every business agreement I have with other companies just to get around Microsoft's ineptitude.

Seriously, is this necessary? In the past two years I have probably contact Microsoft support either by phone, online form, or online support request at least 8 to 10 times..Is there anyone at Microsoft that is capable of operating at a customer service level
    higher than simply reading entry-level boilerplate responses to customers?!? Is there ANY WAY to contact any live human at Microsoft that can perform basic billing verification and unlock an account, or do I really need to rearrange all of my monthly billing
    transactions with every other company with whom I do business?

:)

Hockeypucks3, Mar 4, 2015
  2. Account Has Been Blocked Unlock lock I want Play

I don't know why my profile blocked.. microsoft please unblock my account very very please

TeariestSalmon9, Mar 4, 2015
  3. SPITFIRE-SIX
    SPITFIRE-SIX Guest
    Xbox one GWG download problem

This is something you should contact Xbox Support about, we cant do anything for you here. Chances are, if your account is blocked they may not be able to unblock it just depends on the situation. good luck.

SPITFIRE-SIX, Mar 4, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

I am very sorry to hear that you're having issues with this. There are a couple of things that you can try here.

1. contact att.net and see if they can temporarily reinstate your email address so you can change it.

2. as you mentioned in your post contact your bank and either change your card or or put a stop payment on that recurring one. Then use a different payment method for future xbox purchases (ie. paypal).

As for being sent here by phone support, I'm afraid that you were misinformed. Only phone support can handle billing issues so I'm afraid you'll need to give them another try.

onyxishere, Mar 4, 2015
  5. onyxishere Win User

I am very sorry to hear that you're having issues with this. There are a couple of things that you can try here.

1. contact att.net and see if they can temporarily reinstate your email address so you can change it.

2. as you mentioned in your post contact your bank and either change your card or or put a stop payment on that recurring one. Then use a different payment method for future xbox purchases (ie. paypal).

As for being sent here by phone support, I'm afraid that you were misinformed. Only phone support can handle billing issues so I'm afraid you'll need to give them another try.
  6. NikkiBeckman Win User

Unable to upgrade to Gold membership.

Hello xmetacorx, sorry to hear about your issue purchasing a gold subscription.

Wish there was a way to force a payment method to work but unfortuantely it is not the case.

Be sure that every little detail entered in on your gamertag matches exactly with what is on file at the bank.

Check your billing on your gamertag to be sure that there are no outstanding charges.

And look over your bank terms of use for re occuring charges to see if it is blocked as default protection purposes. Unblock at the bank side if it is blocked.
  7. ngocphi Win User

Billing Information

No that is a banking issue

Creditcard cannot be used for Reoccuring charges or long term outside their country

Usually when I travel home to see my wife I inform my bank when I'm going and where and when i am expected back

This prevents blocked charges

You will have to create a new account in uk to use a uk creditcard or uk ms points
  8. A Qality Pun Win User

Possibly dumb paypal question...

Additional note: The source I need to use is my bank account. If I transfer the total from my bank account to just the paypal account, will it take it from that? I cannot have it charging my card.
  9. TeariestSalmon9 Win User

Account Has Been Blocked Unlock lock I want Play

I don't know why my profile blocked.. microsoft please unblock my account very very please
Thema:

1. Account Blocked: Microsoft charging bank account but cannot unblock - Similar Threads - Account Blocked Microsoft

2. I want some ones account blocked or bannned

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want some ones account blocked or bannned: I want to report a known peodofile as he should not be on any gaming sites 19786e7a-c8d5-4c5d-b493-7b871cce6e7c
  3. Blocked account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blocked account: I just added a account to my Microsoft account and paid $1 to join xbox live even though we already have it. When trying to join Fortnite it says this user is blocked. Why is that, how do I fix...
  4. Microsoft account temporary blocked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account temporary blocked: Im writting from my another account because my previous is temporary blocked again for no reason, i cant unblock it because i have used all of my available Phone numbers and i dont have another to...
  5. Konto Microsoft tymczasowo zablokowane (Microsoft account temporarily blocked)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Konto Microsoft tymczasowo zablokowane (Microsoft account temporarily blocked): Od kilku miesięcy mam problem z moim kontem microsoft, jest tymczasowo blokowane co jakieś parę dni bez żadnego powodu, nie wysyłam żadnego spamu czy nie używam żadnego spiraconego oprogramowania...
  6. my microsoft account got blocked and i can't unblocked

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account got blocked and i can't unblocked: when im trying to unblock my account, it says that i need to input my phone number but it wont let me, it says "loading" where i should input my phone number and it never loads up, i even tryed...
  7. Microsoft account blocked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft account blocked: Hi i forgot my password for my microsoft account. I did not use it to send mails just using it for the game Forza Horizon 4. i tried to reset the password but it gives the xbox option that tells...
  8. Microsoft Blocking Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Blocking Account: So I've had this account I've been trying to get back for years that was blocked my Microsoft. I've had the account since like 6th or 7th grade and would really like to get it back because of all...
  9. How do i get help from Microsoft for my Xbox one account has been blocking me from sending ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i get help from Microsoft for my Xbox one account has been blocking me from sending ...: My account has been not letting me send direct messages to my friends on Xbox but it lets me send messages in party chats, this problem has been going on for ruffly 2 weeks and i called Xbox...
  10. MICROSOFT BLOCKING ACCOUNTS!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    MICROSOFT BLOCKING ACCOUNTS!!: Ok so it seems like microsoft is doing security checks all the time. 'To be sure they are dealing with the owner', is their argument... While you are logging in with your PASSWORD and therefore...