Account Fraud

Discus and support Account Fraud in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Someone gained access to my Microsoft account illegally, set up a new family member and transferred £50 into it using my debit card using a laptop. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kezza SUFC, May 14, 2019.

1. Kezza SUFC
    Kezza SUFC Guest

Account Fraud

Someone gained access to my Microsoft account illegally, set up a new family member and transferred £50 into it using my debit card using a laptop. I can see their account in my family and it looks like the £50 is still there. Its £50 because fortunately
    that is all that was in the bank account at the time. I have changed passwords and removed all payment methods from account but there is no contact method to get in touch with Microsoft accounts. How do I report this and can I recover the money? Who ever set
    up the family member account shows as adult so I can't change any settings

:)

Kezza SUFC, May 14, 2019
  2. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Game share

To clarify, playing the games is not fraud.

Trying to access the account would be considered fraud.
  3. Alucario Ultra Win User

Account Fraud

Get in touch with the MS support team. They will surely help you out.
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Account Fraud

In the UK the bank fraud team will investigate and then they take legal action and report the crime. If you go to the police, they will tell you to deal with the banks fraud team. The fraudster could be overseas too, so UK police would have little jurisdiction.
  5. AridLizard Win User

Account Fraud

if money has been stolen from you then you need to contact the police
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Account Fraud

Hello Kezza!

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums! I understand that this situation is frustrating but I will be happy to assist you with it today. In regards to recovering the money I would suggest, if it will allow it, to

Request a Refund
    for the money that was transferred. As the other Ambassador's have suggest, we recommend you try to

Contact Support
    for further assistance for this issue.

Try this:

• Scroll down, Click on Contact Us
    • Step 1: Click on Ask a Question
    • Step 2 : Select your Product
    • Step 3 : Select your Issue
      • Select – Call me back

Hope this helps and thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums!
Thema:

Account Fraud

1. Account Fraud - Similar Threads - Account Fraud

2. merging or changing email for Xbox live / Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    merging or changing email for Xbox live / Microsoft account: I have an old Xbox live account that I want to start using again but I set it up with Hotmail account I no longer use. I just want to connect my Microsoft account with the old live account there...
  3. Please Read... Spam & Fake Accounts.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please Read... Spam & Fake Accounts.: Or you could just talk to the bot long enough to find out the website they want you to go to, and do a whois. For any team working on this: I tried contacting the owner of the website that I...
  4. Refund for Xbox Live Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Refund for Xbox Live Account: I cancelled my Xbox subscription and would like a refund. 0a78510b-d471-429f-899a-83f2f5d39ac4
  5. Two Xbox Ones, one account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xbox Ones, one account: I am planning in buying another xbox One X for my girlfriends house, any issues with signing in and retrieving my digital games and saves? 71e03aa2-8e90-4ca8-87f4-293cfd036200
  6. My Microsoft Rewards Account got suspended reason fraud

in XBoX Rewards
    My Microsoft Rewards Account got suspended reason fraud: Hello Microsoft and the Community On April the 27 my account got suspended for fraud and not following the guild lines. I followed the rules and for some reason I got accused of fraud please...
  7. Fraud on my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fraud on my account: hi everyone can someone please tell me how to actually speak to someone about my Xbox one account as it has fraudulent transactions on it. I just need a number appreciate it’s not the norm. Many...
  8. Historic fraud on my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Historic fraud on my account: Hi, My XBOX gamertag was hacked back in 2011 and I raised a call with Microsoft (still have the reference) when it occurred. Can I get the money spent refunded? The game removed from played? The...
  9. My 5 Year Olds Xbox Account is Suspended for Fraud and it as locked my linked account

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 5 Year Olds Xbox Account is Suspended for Fraud and it as locked my linked account: I'm stumped here, posted on Reddit and ResetERA and tried xboxsupport but while I'm waiting for the appeal detail I'll post here for any advice if you can support. 've been on live since day dot...
  10. Fraud Activity Xbox & Microsoft Accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fraud Activity Xbox & Microsoft Accounts: Hi - After searching for ever I need to discuss with Microsoft security breaches via emails and account billing information that is not accurate ? After numerous emails sent to us on our account...