Account/Gamertag Issue - Please Help!

Discus and support Account/Gamertag Issue - Please Help! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I've got myself in a bit of a mess with my account and looking for help please. I created a gamertag when I first got an Xbox 360 many years ago.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BRISTOL86, Aug 24, 2015.

1. BRISTOL86
    BRISTOL86 Guest

Hi

I've got myself in a bit of a mess with my account and looking for help please.

I created a gamertag when I first got an Xbox 360 many years ago. Then for some reason when I got my Xbox One I created a new account with a new gamertag.

Now I want to go back to my old account and gamertag (just because I want the old gamertag back) and I don't know what my options are.

Is there any way the old account can be deleted so that my old gamertag becomes free again? Trouble is on my new account I have paid purchases and a 15 month Xbox Live subscription that I'm not prepared to lose.

Or, if I was to buy a gamertag change on the OLD account, would that 'free up' my old gamertag so that I can change my gamertag on my NEW account back to what it was?

Apprciate any help. Many thanks.

:)

BRISTOL86, Aug 24, 2015
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Aug 24, 2015
  3. TooTallMike
    TooTallMike Guest
    please help!! gamertag issue

so i currently have two gamertags listed under my email and theres only one that i want.... but the one i dont want is the one im using now. how do i transfer to the other one listed on my email and get rid of the one im currently using? any help would be
    greatly appreciated.

TooTallMike, Aug 24, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. There's no telling when or if a gamertag will be released if requesting such were allowed (it is not). Also, you could certainly try to change the gamertag on the other account but, again, you're left with the possibility that someone,
    somewhere may choose the same gamertag and get it before you do.

What you could do however is make sure that the tag you are using on the Xbox One is set as the Home console tag and then add the 360 tag to the family. The Gold membership and games will be shared to the second tag on the Xbox One console.

onyxishere, Aug 25, 2015
  5. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. There's no telling when or if a gamertag will be released if requesting such were allowed (it is not). Also, you could certainly try to change the gamertag on the other account but, again, you're left with the possibility that someone,
    somewhere may choose the same gamertag and get it before you do.

What you could do however is make sure that the tag you are using on the Xbox One is set as the Home console tag and then add the 360 tag to the family. The Gold membership and games will be shared to the second tag on the Xbox One console.
  6. Avozil Win User

Gamertag Issue - Please Help

I tried removing my profile and reloading it and it did not work. VocalGoldfish still appears in my party and even in Goat Simulator when I started up the game and it still shows up on Xbox.com.
  7. {Parity} Win User

Trying removing your profile from the console and reloading it. Let us know if that works. Good Luck!!
  8. onyxishere Win User

please help!! gamertag issue

9. {Parity} Win User

Try doing a hard reset like this. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console. Once
    it is back up and operational test for results. Let us know. Good Luck!!
Thema:

1. Account/Gamertag Issue - Please Help! - Similar Threads - Account Gamertag Issue

2. Same gamertag on multiple accounts allowed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Same gamertag on multiple accounts allowed?: About 30minutes before posting this, I was playing R6 siege, I came across 3 people on my team with the same exact gamertag, no changes at all, all had the same picture, 2 of them had the same...
  3. inactive accounts gamertags

in XBoX on Consoles
    inactive accounts gamertags: I am just here to say that microsoft should open up all of the gamertags of inactive/deactivated accounts to be used by people that actually play! my dream username is taken by one of these...
  4. Account recovery with gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Account recovery with gamertag: Hi, i'm trying to recover my account but its been a year since i last used it and i only remember my gamertag, is there anyway to get it back ? I only have a paypal receipt to prove that i own the...
  5. Link existing Gamertag to my account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Link existing Gamertag to my account.: I reset my console and lost my gamertag link. The gamertag still exists. My account is now linked with a autogenerated gamertag. How do I reconnect my original gamertag with my account?...
  6. When will Xbox release inactive account gamertags out again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Xbox release inactive account gamertags out again?: I know they recycled more than 1 million gamertag including OGS and 2016. ea860d2d-9bb9-48ee-abfa-ad8a8aeef14e
  7. Issues with gamertag and account region.

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues with gamertag and account region.: I've recently created this xbox account for a game i wanted to buy on pc. I later found out that my gamertag was "Mars vdb". Problem is that i've never _ever_ used this name for anything nor...
  8. One Account, two Gamertags? Causing an issue with Sea of Thieves Closed Beta

in XBoX on Consoles
    One Account, two Gamertags? Causing an issue with Sea of Thieves Closed Beta: Hello, I already opened a support request on the Sea of Thieves website with this issue. They directed me to the Microsoft Support for Sea of Thieves. When I opened a support post in the Sea of...
  9. Account gamertag issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account gamertag issue: I will be getting xbox live account soon, but first i went online into my account to change my gamertag because i did not like the one i have now. I had to pay for it, so i filled all the...
  10. gamertag/email association issue; two gamertags but one email account!

in XBoX on Consoles
    gamertag/email association issue; two gamertags but one email account!: I'm really new to on line gaming; got an Xbox One a month ago and within two weeks it started smoking and died. I'd changed the gamertag from a default one to a new one before console #1 (Smoky)...