Account hacked - Been told I have done it....

Discus and support Account hacked - Been told I have done it.... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I raised a query with Xbox support having received multiple unauthorised charges to my credit card coming from my Xbox account. After logging on to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Epic E 2468, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Epic E 2468
    Epic E 2468 Guest

So I raised a query with Xbox support having received multiple unauthorised charges to my credit card coming from my Xbox account. After logging on to my Xbox I have found messages sent to other users, the gamertag changed and multiple Minecraft items purchased
    (aswell as a new xbox live subscription for some reason).

After raising this complaint with Xbox, "Terry" in the investigations team has come back and told me (via a template message) that basically, the charges have come from my account and it must be my child (I assume this happens alot). Unfortunately I do not
    have a child, and there were multiple transactions going through when I was sat in front of the console with it switched on.

After replying to Terry that this was outrageous and that they need to go back and do a proper investigation, I have not received a response, which is quite frankly unacceptable after the accusations being thrown about.

I have been provided a refund but this is not about the cash.

Please tell me where to go as I don't want to be stuck with this *** gamertag.

Thanks

"Epic E" (Talon14)

:)

Epic E 2468, Jan 29, 2015
  2. My Profile Banned

I would like an investigation done on my account also I been hacked and money was tooken if you could trace the ips like i was told it would be appreciated

DABSIFUKYOBTCH, Jan 29, 2015
  3. XBOX live serious security flaw - Unauthorized charges and Fifa 12 achievments

I have also been hacked of points . I contacted Billing on the phone . to be told that in order to get an investigation started I cannot use my xbox live account for 25 days. And It is also been done by someone playing FIFA 12

slatybartfast, Jan 29, 2015
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Unfortunately you will need to continue trying to work with support on this issue.

Smwutches, Jan 29, 2015
  5. Hey there, Talon! I'm very sorry to see the situation! It can take a couple days for our Global Escalation Support team to respond to emails; you should see a response from the agent you're working with as soon as they can.

Since you posted that you have no children, another likely scenario is that you recently sold a console that might have had your information on it. In these cases, I highly suggest checking out our

Compromised Microsoft Account
    page to ensure you have the most security on your account to prevent future charges.

I see you mentioned that you were able to get a refund for the purchases. That's great! That should also include a refund for the Gamertag change, so please feel encouraged to change your Gamertag back to what you had previously, or select a new Gamertag if
    you'd like. Account hacked - Been told I have done it.... :)

For continued support with your situation, I do suggest keeping your eye on an email response from Terry, like Smwutches said. This will be your best avenue to make sure you're taken care of.

We appreciate you posting here to make us aware of the situation. You are more than welcome to keep us updated of the situation. Account hacked - Been told I have done it.... :)

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, Talon! I'm very sorry to see the situation! It can take a couple days for our Global Escalation Support team to respond to emails; you should see a response from the agent you're working with as soon as they can.

Since you posted that you have no children, another likely scenario is that you recently sold a console that might have had your information on it. In these cases, I highly suggest checking out our

Compromised Microsoft Account
    page to ensure you have the most security on your account to prevent future charges.

I see you mentioned that you were able to get a refund for the purchases. That's great! That should also include a refund for the Gamertag change, so please feel encouraged to change your Gamertag back to what you had previously, or select a new Gamertag if
    you'd like. :)

For continued support with your situation, I do suggest keeping your eye on an email response from Terry, like Smwutches said. This will be your best avenue to make sure you're taken care of.

We appreciate you posting here to make us aware of the situation. You are more than welcome to keep us updated of the situation. :)
  7. Smwutches Win User

Unfortunately you will need to continue trying to work with support on this issue.
  8. DABSIFUKYOBTCH Win User

My Profile Banned

I would like an investigation done on my account also I been hacked and money was tooken if you could trace the ips like i was told it would be appreciated
  9. slatybartfast Win User

XBOX live serious security flaw - Unauthorized charges and Fifa 12 achievments

I have also been hacked of points . I contacted Billing on the phone . to be told that in order to get an investigation started I cannot use my xbox live account for 25 days. And It is also been done by someone playing FIFA 12
  10. ChickinOnaChain Win User

Xbox Live Hacked???

[quote user="Kurokage22"]

From what I have been told, you can be phished, not hacked.

[/quote]You're thinking of individual accounts. This was company hacking.
Thema:

1. Account hacked - Been told I have done it.... - Similar Threads - Account hacked Been

2. My son's account has been hacked...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son's account has been hacked...: Hello, I'm wondering who can help me to get back my little boy's account? The hacker changed the email adress so I don't have access to the code Microsoft sent... It's very frustating I can't...
  3. contact info been trying to get a hold of micrsoft cuz someone hacked an account, cant get...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    contact info been trying to get a hold of micrsoft cuz someone hacked an account, cant get...: anyone know how to contact them? I am getting [removed profanity by mod] with them, getting [removed profanity by mod] with them, will never purchase anything Microsoft again...
  4. I think my account has been hacked.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I think my account has been hacked.: What can I do to protect my account from hackers? I was advised to change my passwords, which I've done, and to do a factory reset. What is a factory reset, exactly, and how do I do it?...
  5. My Account has Been hacked And All my info was changed how do i get it back

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Account has Been hacked And All my info was changed how do i get it back: My acc was hacked and my info was changed how do i get the acc back ? 26988efe-6b1d-4e89-ab80-8fbb781b571d
  6. My account has been hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account has been hacked: Guys a month ago i game shared with my friend to get dlc in a game and recently, i was in a argument with my friend nd he informed to me to hack my account and now i dont know what to do someone...
  7. Minha conta foi hackeada [Translate] My account has been hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minha conta foi hackeada [Translate] My account has been hacked: Ontem por volta da 20:30,tentei usar minha conta Xbox Live(no Xbox 360),e não consegui entrar, dava que minha senha estava errada. Tentei mudar, porém já estava tudo diferente, meu email de...
  8. How do I request a refund if my account have been hacked?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How do I request a refund if my account have been hacked?: Hi! How do I request a refund if my account have been hacked? I live in Sweden and want to file a formal request. Kind regards, C Larsson f36ed1ee-6d95-44b3-bd60-d2ad651c0d1c
  9. How to restore the achievements that been hack by modders on xbox live account back to normal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to restore the achievements that been hack by modders on xbox live account back to normal?: My call of duty: black ops 2 achievements have been hack and unlock by modders. I report them for hacking my xbox live achievements but my call of duty: black ops 2 achievement still not been...
  10. my account has been hacked and i dont knwo how to get back into it

in XBoX Accessibility
    my account has been hacked and i dont knwo how to get back into it: my xbox live account has been hacked into, they first changed my password and then when I reset it they changed the email and password, I then proceeded to reset the password for that email but...