Account hacked, items gifted. Unable to get a refund.

Discus and support Account hacked, items gifted. Unable to get a refund. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Let my start by saying microsoft's level of customer service has nose dived. I've been trying to rectify this issue for almost two weeks. My (my son's)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jcut u up, Oct 14, 2020.

1. jcut u up
    jcut u up Guest

Let my start by saying microsoft's level of customer service has nose dived. I've been trying to rectify this issue for almost two weeks. My (my son's) xbox account has hack attempts almost daily according to logs. He has a massive online following, hence
    people trying to hack his account. With that said someone has hacked the account multiple times over the past 3 months and made purchases. We were not aware of these purchases till my wife saw a 99 dollar charge. I looked at the account online and realized
    it was "gifted" to some unknown source. As I searched deeper i realize this same person that hacked the account gifted several other items to themselves. I opened a refund request, it was denied with an auto generated response. My account was hacked and items
    were gifted, instead of Microsoft trying to assist with the issue, im unable to get support. I did the call back thing and never got a call back x3. I requested in my open ticket a call back or email, no response. My account is secured now, the issue is the
    almost 400 dollars in charges that I didn't do. Theyre able to see where the location is when these purchases were made, yet refuse to help. Anyone have any ideas or a number that I can call and speak to someone that can help?

:)

jcut u up, Oct 14, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Jout u up,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We are sorry for the issues with the account. In regards to the purchases, there has been a lot of issues with calls lately. You will need to keep trying as there been a lot of issues. Here is a guide to request a call.
    Again, we are sorry for any issues and inconvenience this has caused.

When you go to Contact Us, follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----click on Contact us
    • Step 2 ----under what you having trouble with select Subscriptions & billing
    • Step 3-----under what is the issue I can't redeem a code then hit next. On next box hit skip.

Step 4 ----scroll down to select request a call

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  3. ngocphi Win User

First secure your account

Then do a call back with edge or firefox

And ask for an unauthorized access case
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

No puedo canjear un código :( [Translation - I can't redeem a code]

Hi Trolencito!

Thank you for your post. If an item is sent as a gift from another region the item will not be redeemable. Since the region based content is unable to be redeemed, the purchaser of that gift can

Request a Refund
    for the item purchased.

I hope this information helps, thanks again.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

My friend from UK tried sending me a gift game but it failed

Hi Fox,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue with the code. When gifting items they need to be gifted from the same region. You will need the buyer to try and get a refund for the code sent, or the buyer will need to get the code replaced with a code
    for your region. You are unable to do this as you are not the purchaser of the code.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Me mandaron un código desde el extranjero y no me permite cangearlo[They sent me a code from abroad and it does not allow me to exchange it]

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing redeeming a gift that was sent to your from someone in another region. Unfortunately, gifts can only be sent within a domestic region. Your friend will most likely need to

Request a Refund
    since your account is unable to redeem the item.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Account hacked, items gifted. Unable to get a refund. - Similar Threads - Account hacked items

2. My account was hacked then permanently suspended

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked then permanently suspended: Hi on September 24th, 2020 my Microsoft account was hacked. That same day the person who hacked me put inappropriate posts up on my account and got it permanently banned. I tried explaining that...
  3. Hacked account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hacked account: I've tried to recover my account on my Xbox One, but the recover email has been changed to a different one so i cant gain access. yet over the past few months that i have not logged into my...
  4. suspended for someone hacking into his account. We found out about it and we changed the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    suspended for someone hacking into his account. We found out about it and we changed the...: Hello, My grandsons account was suspended from someone hacking into my account, when we found out about it and we changed the password. Now he is suspended. WHY> please recover his account he is...
  5. Reporting a Hacked Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Reporting a Hacked Account: I recently tried to log into my xbox and was met with a notification instructing me to relog in and my password would not work. I reset the password and used my email to get the verification code...
  6. My sons account was hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    My sons account was hacked: How do I talk to an actual person from Microsoft or xbox who can help me.? bbb87b39-b401-4ba9-9f6e-74c6963229bc
  7. Konto wurde gehackt[Translation-Account was hacked]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Konto wurde gehackt[Translation-Account was hacked]: Guten Tag, ich habe heute eine E-mail bekommen, dass mein Passwort geändert und meine E-Mail-Adresse gelöscht wurde. Ich habe sofort das Konto sofort wiederhergestellt. Leider musste ich aber...
  8. Trying to get items back on game for my son after his account was hacked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to get items back on game for my son after his account was hacked.: My sons Xbox (Microsoft) account was hacked. I have the person's IP address. Is there anything we can do to get his things back for his game? Can we revert the account back 24 hours?...
  9. How to refund a item when someone hacked into your account and bought it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to refund a item when someone hacked into your account and bought it: So maybe like 5 minute ago my boyfriend got a message from xbox saying that i gifted him a £3.99 starter pack on fortnite and hes the only one that has my account and fortnite has my credit card...
  10. Some asshat hacked my account and stole all my rocket league items

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some asshat hacked my account and stole all my rocket league items: About two days ago I contacted the developers of rocket league. I told them my situation about how all of my items in the game we’re gone and how I only had the basic items that cannot be traded...