Account hacked

Discus and support Account hacked in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; My account was hacked and this criminal ordered an Xbox live gold 12 month membership as a gift (to themselves) through my account. When I saw the... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by ReneeMLB, Feb 25, 2019.

1. ReneeMLB
    ReneeMLB Guest

Account hacked

My account was hacked and this criminal ordered an Xbox live gold 12 month membership as a gift (to themselves) through my account. When I saw the charge go through my bank account, I immediately called Microsoft and informed them of the unauthorized order
    on my account. I was advised to request a refund through xbox online. So, I submitted the refund request, with a brief explanation. Unfortunately, a day or so later, I received an email from an xbox representative stating that I am ineligible for a refund.
    Then, I called and spoke to an xbox representative, who was very arrogant and unsympathetic. He had said that the only way to pursue a refund is hrough email?

It seems to me like xbox allows people to steal from other people, giving victims no recourse or way to get their money back.

Has anyone else had a problem like this with xbox?

:)

ReneeMLB, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Merlin4421 Win User

I got to play the xboxone and ps4....

Beachbum don't get in a hacking argument lol. Hacking single accounts is different than hacking into the PSN and stealing account info and credit cards.
  3. brandiesel1 Win User

Microsoft Refund Policy is a JOKE!

Your account wasn’t hacked. No one hacks an account and buys games for them lol.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Microsoft you have a PROBLEM

Unless a main website or service has been hacked - like PSN, it's not a hack ok.

Phishing, NOT a hack

Social engineering, NOT a hack

Giving someone your LIVE ID to someone else and then losing your account,
    NOT a hack

Using dodgy software or websites offering free points and what not, then losing your account, still
    NOT a hack.

Signing up for various suspect websites using the same email address and password for LIVE. then losing your account. still
    NOT a hack.

If EA was compromised and it held your Windows LIVE ID, this is technically a hack, but it's EA that would have been hacked, not Xbox LIVE. When I say 'hack' I mean a real, sophisticated website or server attack. A hack in the literal sense of the word.
  5. VanBur3n Win User

Can you reset my gamerscore???

I wonder what will be people's next excuse for hacking their account. Their fish hacked it?
  6. Boas BS5 Win User

Hacked Account

Hacked Once = Possibly

Hacked Multiple times = Unlikeley

MS to keep restoring your account after multiple hacks = Impossible

IMO
Thema:

Account hacked

1. Account hacked - Similar Threads - Account hacked

2. Has my Wi-Fi been hacked through my Xbox live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has my Wi-Fi been hacked through my Xbox live account: Today me and my friend were playing a casual game of rainbow six siege when this person (gamertag is [mod removed]) joined our party and said they would "hack our accounts" because we lost we now...
  3. Xbox account hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox account hacked: So my account password and phone number have been changed meaning i cant login to my xbox! I have contacted epic games and microsoft the they cant recover my account. Epic games have changed email...
  4. Xbox account blocked as e-mail hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox account blocked as e-mail hacked: Please help!! My partners hotmail account has been blocked as someone tried to get in it. When he went to reset the password he realised he hadn't updated his phone number so he couldn't get the...
  5. My account got hacked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account got hacked.: Hi Microsoft Community I need your help, more than 24 hours ago I got my account hacked. And I've tried getting it back because I have 2-step verification on that account, suddenly I waited a day...
  6. My account has been hacked but I have to wait until tomorrow

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account has been hacked but I have to wait until tomorrow: Hi man, I really need your help because my XBOX ONE account has been hacked & you're an XBOX Ambassador & I've tried everything to get my account back please man, I've done everything i can do...
  7. Account hacked, they changed the phone number on the account, and my primary email on the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account hacked, they changed the phone number on the account, and my primary email on the...: So someone has hacked into my xbox live account. I have it required to where my password is required when signing in, but they apparently know my password and it keeps signing me out. When I...
  8. Anyone else figure out a way to get a refund after someone hacked my kids account and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone else figure out a way to get a refund after someone hacked my kids account and...: Anyone else figure out a way to get a refund after someone hacked my kids account and purchased Xbox gold? You would think it would be simple enough to let Microsoft know and they'd cancel the...
  9. Gamertag/ Account hacked

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag/ Account hacked: Hi guys, I'm posting on behalf of my dad who's 73 and getting nowhere with his Xbox one. Yes he's still a gamer. It all started about 3 weeks ago now when he switched the Xbox one on and saw a...
  10. Hacked Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hacked Account: Someone hacked my account and change my password and they changed my email to my account. They change the email that I log into my xbox with ce6e6d8a-9646-480b-afee-a0bb14f242fc