Account is set as a child even though I'm 18.

Discus and support Account is set as a child even though I'm 18. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently tried to apply to become a Sea of Thieves Insider, but when I did it said I must be 18 or older. I contacted Sea of Thieves support and said... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JustANuttyBuddy, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Account is set as a child even though I'm 18.

I recently tried to apply to become a Sea of Thieves Insider, but when I did it said I must be 18 or older. I contacted Sea of Thieves support and said they looked at my account and it is still a child account, then told me to contact Xbox Support. I couldnt
    find anything on the subject or get help, so now Im asking here. How can I fix this?

:)

JustANuttyBuddy, Apr 14, 2020
  2. meangreen0916 Win User

Open up a live chat with an agent they should be able to fix this issue for you.
  3. j4yt411 Win User

were you on a family profile b4 being 18 if so you still need the adult to change u to 18 on live gold and on family believe me I use it as a tool if kid plays up lol hes 20 now
  4. MKDeed Win User

What i had to was remove the account from family then re add it and set to aduit settings thats what i had to do from microft settings not on xbox
  5. Pony Boy Killer Win User

My account is set to a childs account even though im 18

Hi, so my account is considered a childs account even thought the birthday is set to 1985, im pretty sure I put in my real birthday before when I was 17 but im 18 now so even if thats the issue it should be resolved, I dont understand what to do
    theres literally no information on what I can do.
    Should be able to do it from the xbox settings. but you can also look on the xbox support page for help.
  6. Very Fat Santa8 Win User

My account is set to a childs account even though im 18

Thema:

1. Account is set as a child even though I'm 18. - Similar Threads - Account set child

2. how to redeem xbox code for child account where game is rated higher than setting for child

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to redeem xbox code for child account where game is rated higher than setting for child: Hi there My child plays Fortnite on the xbox and because of his age and the content, I have to approve this along with any purchases. Which is really good because I get to control it. However,...
  3. Can't set parental controls on child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't set parental controls on child account: I have 4 accounts in my family group. One is me and 3 child accounts. 2 of the child accounts are fine, the third is always in a state of "Something went wrong - try again in a little while" in...
  4. My Account Has Reverted Into A Child Account Even Though It Was Set Up As An Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Account Has Reverted Into A Child Account Even Though It Was Set Up As An Adult Account: I posted a post before about how i accidentally changed my DOB to a child account and then in return couldn't edit some features in the settings, a user replied with how some services where down...
  5. Swap email on X Box Accounts for a Child Account to set restrictions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Swap email on X Box Accounts for a Child Account to set restrictions: Good evening, I know there are several feeds in the community on this subject but I have never come across a definitive answer on this. I, like many others set up an account on Xbox, using my...
  6. XBOX Family and Privacy Settings for Child Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Family and Privacy Settings for Child Account: Hi - I have spoken to multiple people at MSFT about this issue, but no resolution. They say system-wide issues, but I don't see those anymore and still have the issue. Here is the problem. I have...
  7. Parent account cannot change child settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parent account cannot change child settings.: I added a child account from the parent add a family member. The child account shows up as an account, but not under the parent account so I can change settings. The newly created child account...
  8. Can’t change privacy settings for my child’s account on family sharing for XBox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t change privacy settings for my child’s account on family sharing for XBox: I read on a thread that the issue I am having is a common one when a family sharing and child account was set up on an IOS device as mine was. I want to change the setting to allow him to play...
  9. My account is set to a childs account even though im 18

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account is set to a childs account even though im 18: Hi, so my account is considered a childs account even thought the birthday is set to 1985, im pretty sure I put in my real birthday before when I was 17 but im 18 now so even if thats the issue it...
  10. trying to set up xbox live account for child

in XBoX Accessibility
    trying to set up xbox live account for child: Anyone able to advise how to actually authorise my child to sign up for an Xbox Live account? They have a Microsoft account, have gone to the ChildAccountCreation page, put in my email. I have...