Account management with multiple emails

Discus and support Account management with multiple emails in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, When I attempt to visit Xbox / MS Insider / etc. their site always automatically assumes I want to log in using my hotmail account. If I sign... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PennyHardaway82, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Account management with multiple emails

Hello,

When I attempt to visit Xbox / MS Insider / etc. their site always automatically assumes I want to log in using my hotmail account. If I sign out and use the correct account (Gmail), everything is good, but then Microsoft logs me out across the board causing
    me to need to log in all over again once done visiting xbox.

Is there any way to simply log in to Xbox / Insider / etc. with the correct account and turn off SSO so it stops killing my hotmail stuff?

It is beyond frustrating having to log out of my hotmail account, then visit xbox and log in using the correct account. When done, log out, go back to hotmail and log back in because MS attempts to tie my Xbox stuff to Hotmail automatically. Where is the
    OFF button?

Like so frustrating to the point of never playing xbox again on PC.

:)

PennyHardaway82, Feb 14, 2020
  2. PennyHardaway82 Win User

Thank you for the replies.

IE seems to have issues when logging in to MS sites oddly enough and because each site calls the same login page in the background, I can not separate the accounts.

If I want to play xbox, looks like I will need to either jump through hoops on PC, or just use the console. It is not that it doesn't work, it is just a pita to get working however maybe that is my fault for using a gmail account on a MS service.

I am going to try Firefox for xbox related stuff (currently use chrome for everything else) and see if I can get a better experience.

Again, thanks for the latest replies, very helpful. Take care!
  3. Geth Win User

As far as I can see, you'll have to continue that. Unless there is a feature for remembering a certain email.
  4. Mistress Sara Win User

There are a couple of options. You can remove the automatic login information (password save) from the browser you are using. Then you will have to log in each time you go to that particular browser, regardless of the account you want to use.

Or, a simpler option, and what I do often with the Office 365 company account, I use a different browser to sign in on when it is not my personal account, and I don't save the password/sign in information.

Works well and I just have to remember to launch a specific browser depending on the account I'm using.
  5. XBF Eladio M Win User

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what info best worked for you.

As is appears that you have found a favorable solution to this matter, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns that differ from this matter, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Forums, and we wish you a wonderful day.
  6. x24hrs2livex Win User

Useless Gamertag attached to primary email

Account management is pretty easy actually. What complicates things is when users begin to use seperate email address for multiple services offered by one entity, and then try to switch everything to one email address.
Thema:

1. Account management with multiple emails - Similar Threads - Account management multiple

2. I can't manage my xbox insider account on my second hand xbox

in XboX Insiders
    I can't manage my xbox insider account on my second hand xbox: I bought this Xbox two years ago, and I guess the previous owner signed up to xbox insider. Since the serial number is linked to the account of the previous owner it doesn't let me install a...
  3. Unable to manage Xbox account through xbox.com

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to manage Xbox account through xbox.com: Trying to play forza horizon 4 but some content is locked behind some privacy thing so i go to manage my xbox account and it just redirects me to a random page talking about how to turn off the...
  4. Way to manage devices accessing my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Way to manage devices accessing my account.: I am in need of a way to manage the devices accessing my account. Does anyone know one? c1569f50-ea10-4982-a3e5-e02c6c1b3eaa
  5. manage account

in XBoX Accessibility
    manage account: Unable to access my subscribtions on line or contacting microsoft online or phone. Want to stop automatic billing on Xbox live. Always getting "Sorry" try Microsoft account………. Tried calling get...
  6. Contacting someone over phone for xbox account management

in XBoX Accessibility
    Contacting someone over phone for xbox account management: I can't figure out how to get out of the bot system to talk to someone regarding my issue with accessing the primary email associated with my xbox account. 3ccfd8c9-77b5-463f-98bb-8afc843d3157
  7. Cannot manage permissions for child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot manage permissions for child account: Hello. I am trying to change the permissions for my child account. First I went to the family page and clicked "Manage my child's personal info": [Mod removed- Personal Information] I was then...
  8. Web Account Manager 100% CPU Usage, Game and PC freeze

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Web Account Manager 100% CPU Usage, Game and PC freeze: Hello, when I launch Sea of Thieves and got to the Point where the game send the message to the server for profil information my whole PC starts freezing. I found out, that this only happens...
  9. Account Management

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Management: Good day I purchased an Xbox 1 S console (previously owned PS3) and used my e-mail adress to create my microsoft account. My son requested that he be the "Main" profile on the new console so we...
  10. Managing multiple xbox live accounts.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Managing multiple xbox live accounts.: So I have had an Xbox live account for more than 10 years and no issues. But here is my new dilemma. I just bought 2 more xbox ones for my kids and they each have a live account now. Is there an...