Account on multiple xbox's in house

Discus and support Account on multiple xbox's in house in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi. I currently have a xbox one X. My sons birthday is coming up in April and we are looking at getting him a Xbox one S for him. Do we need to pay for... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Lufkin1601, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Lufkin1601
    Lufkin1601 Guest

Hi. I currently have a xbox one X. My sons birthday is coming up in April and we are looking at getting him a Xbox one S for him. Do we need to pay for 2 lots of subscriptions or can I simply use my credentials on his xbox aswell.

Thanks

:)

Lufkin1601, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

You would need to set up a separate account for him (if he doesn't have one already), but you can share your subscription and games with him via the Home setting. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
    You would set his console as your Home and then you can continue to sign in and use everything as normal on the One X.
  3. Lufkin1601 Win User

You would need to set up a separate account for him (if he doesn't have one already), but you can share your subscription and games with him via the Home setting. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
    You would set his console as your Home and then you can continue to sign in and use everything as normal on the One X.
    Is there a reason i would set his as the home and not mine?
  4. Smwutches Win User

Short answer: The Home setting is what allows you to share your gold. So you would need to set his console as your Home so he can access the gold on his console.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

When you create him an account make sure it is a child account under yours as well.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Let me explain what the Home feature is and does.

No matter what console a profile is signed into it will always be able to play its digital games and use its subscriptions (gold, EA access, Game Pass).

Each Profile can set one console at a time as its HOME console and any other profile on that console can then Play its games and share its subscriptions.

Each profile can switch which console it has set as home FIVE times a year.

So to save from purchasing the games 2 times and purchasing the subscriptions 2 times you if the games and subscriptions are on your account you would want to set your sons console as your accounts home console.

Let me explain it another way this is how my setup is

I have 2 consoles and all the games and subscriptions are on my account.

Console 1 is in the living room is set as the home console and any other profiles on that console can then play my games and use my subscriptions.

Console 2 is in my bedroom the only other person that uses that console is my wife if she wants to play one of my games or use my subscriptions then she would have to be signed into my profile at the same time that she is signed in to do that.
Thema:

1. Account on multiple xbox's in house - Similar Threads - Account multiple xbox's

2. Can I possess multiple Xbox Live accounts (even temporarily?)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I possess multiple Xbox Live accounts (even temporarily?): I feel the intention to create an additional account registered to me simply for the purpose of one, count them one achievement in Just Cause 3. I read somewhere, can't remember where, that...
  3. multiple accounts on same xbox not allowing access/friends

in XBoX Accessibility
    multiple accounts on same xbox not allowing access/friends: I am one account user on our xbox one and I have set up another for my daughter. My daughter can't friend anyone and her headset will not work to chat in a party. I have changed what permissions i...
  4. How do you share with multiple accounts and xboxes (family)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you share with multiple accounts and xboxes (family): My kids cannot access all the games in our shared inventory. We have three xbox ones, and are paying for five accounts. I have everyone in the family and I am the main account. I have console “a”...
  5. Same Xbox, Multiple Accounts, Duplicates Game Played

in XBoX on Consoles
    Same Xbox, Multiple Accounts, Duplicates Game Played: I have separate accounts for all of my family members on my Xbox One but when someone switches over to play a game alone with their profile it shows my profile also playing the game. How can I...
  6. Can we have multiple user accounts on our Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can we have multiple user accounts on our Xbox?: I have multiple children that want to use the xbox. If I set up separate accounts for each I assume they won't be able to all use xbox live and other paid subscription services....
  7. Flere kontoer, Xbox One[Multiple accounts, Xbox One]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Flere kontoer, Xbox One[Multiple accounts, Xbox One]: Hei! For at min sønn skal kunne spille Fortnite og andre spill, samt se på YouTube må jeg være pålogget også. Er det noe jeg kan gjøre med det? Han er hjemme før meg og derfor har jeg gitt ham...
  8. multiple xbox kid accounts and permissions

in XBoX on Consoles
    multiple xbox kid accounts and permissions: I have an xbox live parent account(mine) I have 2 xbox ones that my kids use to play fortnite One box is set as the home box 2nd is set as the additional box I have both kids accounts on xbox...
  9. Can I have multiple accounts on an xbox that share games?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I have multiple accounts on an xbox that share games?: forgive me I am new to this. I have two kids that each have an account. I bought the xbox minecraft edition so they could play. My son logs into his account just fine. when my daughter logs in...
  10. Logging into Multiple XBOX ONE Consoles with the same account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Logging into Multiple XBOX ONE Consoles with the same account: My family has bought ALL of our movies under my Microsoft account. We have a nice library. When we had an Xbox one and an Xbox 360 in the house, we could use both consoles at the same time under...