Account Privacy

Discus and support Account Privacy in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My account is a child account and I changed the birthdate to be older because Im now much older when I first got the Xbox. I changed it to an adult... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AsianMedic17, Oct 6, 2018.

1. AsianMedic17
    AsianMedic17 Guest

Account Privacy

My account is a child account and I changed the birthdate to be older because Im now much older when I first got the Xbox. I changed it to an adult account but still have restrictions like I cant use a custom gamerpic. PLEASE HELP!

:)

AsianMedic17, Oct 6, 2018
  2. kevin
    kevin Guest
    How to change Xbox LIVE online safety and privacy settings

You are allowed change the online safety and privacy settings for any profile on your console.

How to change your safety and privacy settings

Steps to follow:

• First, you have to go to the My Account page
    • You need to sing in to your Xbox LIVE account clicking Sing In at the upper-right corner of the page.
    • Go to Settings and Preferences and select Privacy and Online Settings.
    • Now change the settings.

How to change your child’s safety and privacy settings

Steps to follow:

• First, you have to go to the My Account page
    • You need to sing in to your Xbox LIVE account clicking Sing In at the upper-right corner of the page.
    • Proceed to Settings and Privacy and press Child.

Note: You’ll be asked for the parental Microsoft account in order to make changes to the child account’s safety settings.
    • Now change the settings.

kevin, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Latest PS3 hack could be the end of the system!

Then why do people constantly get their live accounts hacked? Mind you this has even happened to industry figure head live accounts. There was even some jerk on this forum that got banned for showing a way to hack.

I love the 360 as much as the next guy. But seriously, let's put this myth of "you pay for security or privacy" with Live because that's already been disproven.

And think about it, that kind of thing didn't happen when you could play your 360 games free online. Yet now that you have to pay for that portion all these hacks to get accounts stolen come up. So if you're paying for privacy and security, why is it comprised only after they make us pay?

crossunitedfate, Oct 6, 2018
  4. IRB
    IRB Guest

Account Privacy

Hi

After the Xbox account has been created, you can't change the date of birth on it. It might change the Microsoft Account birth date but it won't change the xbox date .This is to prevent children from trying to bypass parental protection.

Did you get prompted to migrate your account to an adult account?

You might need to modify the privacy settings to grant more access. If still a child account, an attached adult account will need to do that.

5. Jurgen1488
    Jurgen1488 Guest
    Jurgen1488, Oct 6, 2018
  6. RoninhoM2906
    RoninhoM2906 Guest
    You will only have your account as an adult, regardless of changing your date of birth, when your account is over 18 years, in this case, what is worth is the first date of birth that you placed, that date will have to be of legal age, but you can change
    that, you must send your ID card to Microsoft to prove that you are over 18

RoninhoM2906, Oct 6, 2018
  7. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest
    XBF Brad A, Nov 5, 2018
  8. MeanMachine 47 Win User

Account privacy

Daft Badger is correct there is no way to "hide" your avatar from friends to see.
  9. XBF Brad A Win User

Account Privacy

Hello AsianMedic17

When you make a child account, you can change birthdate on
    account.microsoft.com
    . Unfortunately you are unable to change it on
    Xbox.com
    it is permanent there. There are ways to change it with proving your age:

1. Age verification-

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4090292/microsoft-account-age-verification-for-parental-consent

2. Support request form-

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportrequestform/eb14cf1b-970d-ab30-a009-c47c459f8ec6

Hope this helps

Thanks

Brad Xbox Forum Team
  10. RoninhoM2906 Win User

Account Privacy

You will only have your account as an adult, regardless of changing your date of birth, when your account is over 18 years, in this case, what is worth is the first date of birth that you placed, that date will have to be of legal age, but you can change
    that, you must send your ID card to Microsoft to prove that you are over 18
  11. Daft Badger Win User

Account privacy

As far as i know there is no way to hide your avatar.You can set your privacy settings to friends only but i don't think that hides your avatar.
  12. Jurgen1488 Win User

Account Privacy

- Always include true data in your profile.

You can turn off baby settings in Xbox settings where you can set between child and adult settings.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4026796/microsoft-account-change-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings
Thema:

Account Privacy

1. Account Privacy - Similar Threads - Account Privacy

2. How do you change your privacy settings on your xbox live account without going onto an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you change your privacy settings on your xbox live account without going onto an...: On the Minecraft server The Hive I can't see when anyone else types in the chat so I learned I need to go change something in my privacy settings. The problem is that whenever I log into my...
  3. Privacy settings won't change on child account although I am a parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Privacy settings won't change on child account although I am a parent account: I'm trying to change the privacy settings of my "child" account, although that account was made when I was 13 and I am currently over the age of 18. When I access the account with the parent...
  4. Problem with Microsoft account privacy settings on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with Microsoft account privacy settings on Xbox: Recently I have been trying to use Xbox live with Minecraft to play multiplayer with friends. I own an Xbox one with Minecraft on it that I wanted to use to play with my friends, but when I...
  5. Changing account privacy settings

in XBoX on Mobile
    Changing account privacy settings: I have been trying to change my account privacy settings so that I can add friends on the xbox app, and join them on Minecraft. After a day of searching I finally located the privacy settings....
  6. How to change privacy settings on Xbox account when Xbox.com sign in doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Windows
    How to change privacy settings on Xbox account when Xbox.com sign in doesn’t work.: I don’t have an Xbox but I still have an account to play Minecraft on Windows 10. I can’t play cross platform with friends because every time I try to change privacy settings I’m brought to Xbox...
  7. How to change privacy/account settings when the link directs you to the support page?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change privacy/account settings when the link directs you to the support page?: I invited my friend to a Minecraft Realm, but she can't join. It tells her to go to change her account settings, but when she tries to, it redirects to her to the Xbox support page. How can she...
  8. Changing Xbox Account Privacy

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Xbox Account Privacy: No matter where I go, what website I'm at, or what I do, every time I try to change my account privacy settings it always brings me back to...
  9. How do i make a parent account so i can change my privacy and online settings?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i make a parent account so i can change my privacy and online settings?: How do i make a parent account so i can change my privacy and online settings? c482b06e-3e50-4d72-b2a6-0fc679bf4af8
  10. I can't access my Xbox account's privacy and online settings

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't access my Xbox account's privacy and online settings: I can't access my xbox account's settings. every time I try to access them, it shows me to this page:...