Account recovery denied

Discus and support Account recovery denied in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So my account has been hacked meaning my e-mail, phone number, and security question have been changed. I find it weird that this happened because I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FransArno, Jul 19, 2022.

1. FransArno
    FransArno Guest

Account recovery denied

So my account has been hacked meaning my e-mail, phone number, and security question have been changed. I find it weird that this happened because I explicitly remember having a two-factor Authentication.

anyways I have tried a account recovery request multiple times but it keeps getting denied.

but for all I know all my answers are correct besides the security question (that has been changed by the hacker). I also did it on a computer where i only have used the account on.

The thing is that I also have more information about my account that the request form never asks.

even in the email that denies my request it says "it will ask for previously used email adresses", but when I do the request again it never asks for any e-mail adresses.

its annoying how (for all i know) i cant have a personal account recovery request where i can talk to an actual human being.

:)

FransArno, Jul 19, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Account recovery denied

Maybe the hacker is someone with access to your phone or you had other two factor authentication method that also got hacked. Or two factor authentication was not properly setup to your account.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Account recovery denied

Hello, FransArno. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

If your account security information was changed and the recovery form is not working, unfortunately there will be no other way to recover your account.

No Microsoft employee can help users recovering their accounts. They only instruct you on how to fill the recovery form. So that's the only available option for a hacked account. If you talk to a Microsoft support advocate, he/she will tell you the same thing. They are not allowed and have no access to change anything on a user account. I hope you understand.

If you have any question, please let me know. And again, I'm really sorry about this.
  4. FransArno Win User

Account recovery denied

yes, I do have a question

How did the person manage to get in if I had a two-factor Authentication?

The hacker did not have access to my phone number so it's odd that he got even in.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Account recovery denied

the crux of the issue here is because you have 2FA on then the recovery form will not work as it clearly states will not work if 2FA on, support won't help due to 2FA, so basically because you followed Microsofts advice and enabled the security options they then wash their hands of it and refuse to fix it, this means whoever stole your account now has all your games and gets away with it. now depending which country you live in there are further steps to take, here in the UK we can report Microsoft for bad business practice and force them to recover the account or reimburse you the lost digital content regardless of what agreements were accepted. trading standards should be able to advise.

If you are in another country then seek support from your local law.
  6. xXxDeAdEnDxXx Win User

Need help getting account back

I forgot the password and Since I don't remember it xbox support would lead me to those account recovery fourms and my attempts and the infomation I submit get denied.
Thema:

Account recovery denied

1. Account recovery denied - Similar Threads - Account recovery denied

2. Can I PLEASE get an actual employee to help me with my account recovery? its been hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I PLEASE get an actual employee to help me with my account recovery? its been hacked: Can I please get an an actual employee from Microsoft to help me with my problem? I've been trying to recover my compromised Microsoft account for about two to three days now and its very...
  3. Why is my account recovery request denied?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my account recovery request denied?: I've sent so many accoutn recovery requests, and the terrible automated microsoft support doesn't help me, my microsoft account is the same as my google account, and the microsoft account got...
  4. Account recovery taken 6 weeks and no resolution or contact

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account recovery taken 6 weeks and no resolution or contact: I am currently on the phone with a Microsoft/Xbox rep. to assist with my ongoing case of my account being hacked. This all started July 1st and I called immediately. I was sent a request letter...
  5. Account recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account recovery: I'm trying to recover my previous account I had with Microsoft. I've been denied multiple times when I've tried the account recovery form. I can't get a hold of anybody when I try to find a live...
  6. Tried recoveriong my account after 30 days and still no recovery key

in XBoX Accessibility
    Tried recoveriong my account after 30 days and still no recovery key: I ended up having to factory rest my phone for one reason or another and when I did I lost the password to my account. Since then I have tried to get the recovery code since I have 2FA, and after...
  7. Account Recovery Failure

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Recovery Failure: I'm locked out of my account. I've put in all the information asked of me; my credit card information, old passwords, recovery question, network ID, serial number, etc... I cannot fathom how this...
  8. Account hacked, and my support request was denied. Recovery form was useless because...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked, and my support request was denied. Recovery form was useless because...: Hello! On Thursday, around 9-10pm est, my account was compromised. The account recovery form was useless, as the hacker enabled 2fa. By the time I got the message in the screenshot, it was too...
  9. Xbox live account hacked, recovery form denied

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live account hacked, recovery form denied: Someone was able to hack into my xbox live account, change the password, and set up 2FA with an email address that does not belong to me. Xbox support is set up such that you cannot submit an...
  10. If you do an account recovery an Microsoft for some reason denies you, can you get your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If you do an account recovery an Microsoft for some reason denies you, can you get your...: So some how my password was changed on my account which left me with having to do "account recovery" ive done it over 5 or 6 times and spoke to multiple reps to try an get this sorted out. Im a...