Account restrictions

Discus and support Account restrictions in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son has an account a child account. I’d removed the content restrictions a while ago and up until yesterday they were playing GTA V and Titan fall... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TheoColeshaw, Apr 16, 2020.

1. TheoColeshaw
    TheoColeshaw Guest

Account restrictions

My son has an account a child account. I’d removed the content restrictions a while ago and up until yesterday they were playing GTA V and Titan fall without issue. All of a sudden today they’re being asked for approval and my password to play the games.
    I checked the xbox account and confirmed no restrictions were applied. I then decided to check the content box and confirm all age groups be unrestricted. This didnt work, so i just unchecked the restriction box instead. This still hasnt worked.

Why is it that for 12 plus months up until yesterday, no restriction was being applied, and as of today, regardless what i set up on his account restriction indicator, my son now has to get my permission Every time he wants to play the game?

Has Microsoft refreshed a policy today or restored some previously held setting without my consent?

:)

TheoColeshaw, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Account restrictions

You would need to post here to find out why your account has been suspended -
    forums.xbox.com/.../4276.aspx

Although, if you're able to sign into your account here, then it's not suspended.
  3. OklaGrizzlyBear Win User

Account restrictions

Hiya!!

I can understand your frustration on this. Since you have already made the changes to the account, try to do a hard reset on the console by pressing and holding down the power button on the console till it shuts off and then power back on. This will refresh
    the cache within the system and hopefully this will apply the settings you have changed. :)

Happy Gaming!!
  4. DabberDan 42O Win User

Account restrictions

I am not sure about the policy but could look into it. My only other thought would be sometimes the profile asks for the birthdate and maybe that has something to do with it. I believe this can be adjusted in the edit profile page after clicking the
    home button and going to your profile page. Hope this helps!
  5. JessBlack Win User

Account restrictions

I was having the exact same issue. I tried removing my child & adding back on, updating settings multiple times, etc.

The only solution came from this site:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...accounts/grant-exception-child-content-limits

I ended up having to login to his XBOX so my profile shows, then I was able to give consent "Always" instead of "Just this once". It's still a hassle to give permission for each game individually, but it sure beats having to do it every time he wants to
    change games.

Hope this helps.
  6. tuco2020 Win User

Account restrictions

Same issue on multiple consoles. Tried all the suggested fixes - hard reset of both devices, reset family content settings, turned content restrictions on and added at higher age, turned restrictions back off, removed/re-added child to family, etc. Currently
    just allowing each game as needed, using "Always" allow for each game....temp fix.
Thema:

Account restrictions

1. Account restrictions - Similar Threads - Account restrictions

2. I downloaded minecraft on the wrong account and now I can't add restrictions for my child.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I downloaded minecraft on the wrong account and now I can't add restrictions for my child.: I created a microsoft account for myself to monitor my child a while back. I didn't know how microsoft worked at that time so I accidentally made myself child account. I then proceeded to buy and...
  3. Swap email on X Box Accounts for a Child Account to set restrictions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Swap email on X Box Accounts for a Child Account to set restrictions: Good evening, I know there are several feeds in the community on this subject but I have never come across a definitive answer on this. I, like many others set up an account on Xbox, using my...
  4. "this video is restricted. try using a g suite account"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "this video is restricted. try using a g suite account": im on youtube and i get this error when i try to watch videos "this video is restricted. try using a g suite account" this is the first day it started happening to me and its for alot of videos....
  5. I made an account for my son (family) can't watch netflix (changed restrictions)

in XBoX Accessibility
    I made an account for my son (family) can't watch netflix (changed restrictions): I added my son to my family, he can't watch netflix, Hulu. it says go to account.live.com to fix problem. However, I don't know what the problem is? I've tried everything same ****. I can't reach...
  6. family account restricted

in XBoX Accessibility
    family account restricted: my sons account will not let him load games or apps it says he is not old enough and gives my name but i have no restrictions on his account 9fa23c1d-c484-4e69-a4de-739908ca2ed2
  7. My son get a restricted error when playing NBA2k20 on his account in some specific game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son get a restricted error when playing NBA2k20 on his account in some specific game...: This game is rate E but for some reason to play mycareer mode in the game he gets some "age restricted" error. (That's a terrible idea in itself for a rated E game, but that's a question for the...
  8. Restrictions on xbox account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Restrictions on xbox account?: Hey just a short question but how do I put full parent restrictions on my child's xbox account? Thanks x 054d2379-c531-4bce-bd34-a1d5cca4034a
  9. Child account restrictions

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account restrictions: The child's account has way too many non-optional restrictions. The birthday on my account has been changed, and yet still experiencing the dumbest restrictions. Not only do I have to add someone...
  10. Age restrictions for unrestricted account

in XboX Insiders
    Age restrictions for unrestricted account: Hi, anyone else has issues with age restrictions? It happens to me with parent-child accounts but maybe it happens to other on other cases.. I have unrestricted parent account and child account...