Achievement Notifications are pointless and can't be disabled

Discus and support Achievement Notifications are pointless and can't be disabled in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I unlock an Achievement while playing on my Xbox One, I now get a notification from the Xbox App on my iPhone. This is a totally pointless... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mister_Tez, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Mister_Tez
    Mister_Tez Guest

Every time I unlock an Achievement while playing on my Xbox One, I now get a notification from the Xbox App on my iPhone.

This is a totally pointless "feature". When I've unlocked an Achievement, I am quite obviously
    on my Xbox, and as such will already know that I've just unlocked an Achievement - spamming the Xbox App on my phone with notifications about the same Achievements is utterly unnecessary, and
    extremely annoying.

There is also no way to turn it off without disabling all notifications for the Xbox App.

The notification settings in the Xbox App on iOS let you enable/disable notifications for Messages, Friends, Clubs, etc., and yet there is no option to specifically turn off this completely redundant "feature".

:)

Mister_Tez, Dec 21, 2016
  2. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    Pop ups...

You are also able to manage all notifications in, wait for it... "Notifications".

Just be careful and don't be a dope like me, turn off all notifications, and then wonder why your achievements aren't popping up.

I have mine disabled so I don't see buddied hopping on while we're watchign a film.

Az

Azrael008uk, Dec 21, 2016
  3. PhilMarck
    PhilMarck Guest
    I'm scared will this happen?

Turbo1984 @ I'm actually glad PS3 didn't have trophies since the beginning because I prefer games without trophies.

-

It's a shame the notification of trophies can't be disabled like achievements on Xbox 360 can.

PhilMarck, Dec 21, 2016
  4. Mister_Tez
    Mister_Tez Guest

Anyone from MS able to comment on this?

Mister_Tez, Dec 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Achievement Notifications are pointless and can't be disabled - Similar Threads - Achievement Notifications are

2. Notifications of achievements at the top of the screen?

in XboX Insiders
    Notifications of achievements at the top of the screen?: Hello. I am an Insider member of the Beta version, I will want to know if we can change notifications of achievements, to appear at the top of the screen when i play. Thanks for your help^^...
  3. Issue with notifications such as game requests and achievements when playing in HDR using...

in XBoX on Windows
    Issue with notifications such as game requests and achievements when playing in HDR using...: As the title says, when playing a game using the Xbox app in HDR, whenever you get a notification it changes the display mode to show the notification which causes the screen to go blank while it...
  4. Recent achievements notifications and "gamer is following you" notifications won't clear.

in XboX Insiders
    Recent achievements notifications and "gamer is following you" notifications won't clear.: Every time I power on my Xbox I gate the notification of a single recent achievement. I check it so it "clears" the notification. When I reset the machine the notification re-appears. submitted...
  5. Recent achievements and notifications.

in XboX Insiders
    Recent achievements and notifications.: Hi Skip Ahead build here. June 20th build still showing my most recent achievement and notification in the guide every time I boot up my Xbox. submitted by /u/Hayvock [link] [comments]
  6. Windows 10 games achievements not displaying notification

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 games achievements not displaying notification: Can anyone shed any light on why I am not getting any notifications of achievements unlocking in games in Windows 10? I have tried multiple games on the new game pass platform and although the...
  7. Xbox App (beta) on Windows not showing achievement notifications.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App (beta) on Windows not showing achievement notifications.: I checked the settings on both the new Xbox App and the old Xbox App (called Xbox Console Companion) and everything seems to suggest that I should get notifications from achievements, but I'm not....
  8. Windows 10 xbox streaming, lag on achievement notification?

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 xbox streaming, lag on achievement notification?: Hey Everyone, Game streams fine on very high with no lag ever. The problem is when a notification for an achievement pop on the xbox the entire stream lags for 1-2 seconds before returning to...
  9. Receiving Achievement Notifications On Phone While Not Playing Any Games

in XBoX on Mobile
    Receiving Achievement Notifications On Phone While Not Playing Any Games: I keep getting notifications on my phone and laptop while I'm not playing xbox or even when my xbox is off. I think maybe someone might be using my account to play Halo MCC but I'm not 100% sure...
  10. achievements doesn't pop as notifications

in XBoX Games and Apps
    achievements doesn't pop as notifications: So going on about 2 months now I have yet to have an achievement pop as a notification. It unlocks, I just don't receive notifications on xbox. It does pop as notification on my actual computer...