Achievement Notifications are pointless and can't be disabled

Discus and support Achievement Notifications are pointless and can't be disabled in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I unlock an Achievement while playing on my Xbox One, I now get a notification from the Xbox App on my iPhone. This is a totally pointless... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mister_Tez, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Mister_Tez
    Mister_Tez Guest

Every time I unlock an Achievement while playing on my Xbox One, I now get a notification from the Xbox App on my iPhone.

This is a totally pointless "feature". When I've unlocked an Achievement, I am quite obviously
    on my Xbox, and as such will already know that I've just unlocked an Achievement - spamming the Xbox App on my phone with notifications about the same Achievements is utterly unnecessary, and
    extremely annoying.

There is also no way to turn it off without disabling all notifications for the Xbox App.

The notification settings in the Xbox App on iOS let you enable/disable notifications for Messages, Friends, Clubs, etc., and yet there is no option to specifically turn off this completely redundant "feature".

:)

Mister_Tez, Dec 21, 2016
  2. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    Pop ups...

You are also able to manage all notifications in, wait for it... "Notifications".

Just be careful and don't be a dope like me, turn off all notifications, and then wonder why your achievements aren't popping up.

I have mine disabled so I don't see buddied hopping on while we're watchign a film.

Az

Azrael008uk, Dec 21, 2016
  3. PhilMarck
    PhilMarck Guest
    I'm scared will this happen?

Turbo1984 @ I'm actually glad PS3 didn't have trophies since the beginning because I prefer games without trophies.

-

It's a shame the notification of trophies can't be disabled like achievements on Xbox 360 can.

PhilMarck, Dec 21, 2016
  4. Mister_Tez
    Mister_Tez Guest

Anyone from MS able to comment on this?

Mister_Tez, Dec 28, 2016
  5. Mister_Tez Win User

Anyone from MS able to comment on this?
  6. Burst Axe Win User

No friend notification , April update

Interesting. Hopefully I can disable it on there too as notifications are pointless when it works that fast for me.
  7. Epic Louie Win User

Option to disable beacon popups please?

The only way I know of is to go under preferences and disable notifications. This will disable all notifications though, including achievements unlocked and friends popping online.
  8. Johnny Sinister Win User

Achievments Unlocked...???

Notifications, as mentioned above will cause the achievements not to show up.

-

Also, if you have your online status set to "busy", it will temporarily disable notifications, and achievements won't show.
  9. Paraffin Alien Win User

Option to disable beacon popups please?

[quote user="Epic Louie"]

The only way I know of is to go under preferences and disable notifications. This will disable all notifications though, including achievements unlocked and friends popping online.

[/quote]

I did that once, and missed the notification for an achievement that I had been trying to get for weeks, most annoying.

Great to hear that little bleep bloop sound (as Caboose calls it), when you finally get that allusive achievement.
Thema:

1. Achievement Notifications are pointless and can't be disabled - Similar Threads - Achievement Notifications are

2. Xbox Game Bar, Achievements, Notifications & HDR blacks out screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar, Achievements, Notifications & HDR blacks out screen: Hello! I saw one thread in the past discuss this problem with HDR games having issues when you either have an achievement pop up, a message, an invite, or simply opening up the game bar mid game...
  3. Sometimes achievement notifications show up in screenshots. Alpha Skipahead.

in XboX Insiders
    Sometimes achievement notifications show up in screenshots. Alpha Skipahead.: [IMG] submitted by /u/NBAKirkland [link] [comments]
  4. i'm getting notifications on my PC when my friend earns an achievement on his xbox despite...

in XBoX on Windows
    i'm getting notifications on my PC when my friend earns an achievement on his xbox despite...: a few weeks ago, my friend signed in to his xbox account on my computer, to buy something from the store since he wasn't at home to do it. i made sure he signed out, and then i signed myself back...
  5. Notification for an already visualized achievement keeps coming back.

in XboX Insiders
    Notification for an already visualized achievement keeps coming back.: I've played Nascar Heat 4 during the latest Free Play Days and got the "checkered flag" achievement, so I got the notification on the Achievement tab of the guide and looked inside the Recent...
  6. Achievement Notifications Wont Appear

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievement Notifications Wont Appear: For the last 2 weeks or show none of my achievement notifications show but they unlock just fine. My phone and PC get the pop upa but not my xbox x while playing. Is their a fix?...
  7. Achievements notification does not appear on screen .

in XboX Insiders
    Achievements notification does not appear on screen .: I have set my console region to Greece. Iam on the skip ahead ring. After the latest update, when I earn an achievement, the notification does not appear on screen. I have filled a report. Please...
  8. xbox console companion achievements notifications isn't popping up

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox console companion achievements notifications isn't popping up: Not sure anyone have this? I did search from google and here as well. From the xbox console companion I have version 48.59.13001.00000 From the game bar (window g) I looked at the settings...
  9. Achievement Notifications

in XboX Insiders
    Achievement Notifications: I've noticed lately, that if I unlock multiple achievements in a game at the same time, I only get one notification. I dont know I've even unlocked others unless I actually look to see what I've...
  10. Anyone else not getting achievements notifications? This started happening for about a week.

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else not getting achievements notifications? This started happening for about a week.: Also, when they show up, it takes so much time to be triggered. submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]