Achievements in wrong language

Discus and support Achievements in wrong language in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I got a XBOX 360 and when i get some achievements they appear in french, instead of Dutch or English. I do live in belgium but not born there... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aad Advocaat, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Aad Advocaat
    Aad Advocaat Guest

Hello,

I got a XBOX 360 and when i get some achievements they appear in french, instead of Dutch or English.

I do live in belgium but not born there im from the Netherlands and we dont speak french.

How can i get my achievements in Dutch or English ???

Because this sucks bigtimewhen i get a achievement and i cant read why ????

thanx in advance

Aad

:)

Aad Advocaat, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Bazajaytee Win User

Achievements are in the wrong language!

Achievement languages are based on your IP location on the Xbox One for some reason. The locale setting on your console won't change the achievements language.

It has been submitted to feedback.xbox.com but who knows if/when Microsoft will address that particular issue.
  3. wolfghostninja Win User

Hi SadisticZeus,

Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate it.

Yes you are right, it is an IP address localisation issue. I have not yet connected the xbone via a VPN, tbh I haven't figured out how to do that yet with a router. However I do have a VPN on my Nexus 6 and found that using the smartglass app without the
    VPN resulted in German achievements, but as soon as the app was refreshed with the VPN on the achievements were back in English. So it's a fix, and thank you for that. I hope Microsoft fix this, as it's clearly an unintended result. It makes little sense
    that one sets the system language and yet you are confronted with a foreign language.

Just out of curiosity do you have a suggested method for running the Xbox via a VPN? Will this affect my multiplayer or my streaming speeds?

Again, thanks for the assist.

Best,

4. DenseCrab46344 Win User

It can't be too difficult to use the same system as the one on xbox 360. For me, it also worked perfectly on the 360.
  5. Ganjapuffer Win User

My friend (Kilofish) and I have the same problem and yes.. It's annoying.

I've seen a thread where DigitalAssassin says :

Hey mate, apparently achievement language on the Xbox One is based on your IP address, so where you are located. I think if you hook your Xbox up back on an English region they may revert.

(this was to someone who's living in Korea and wanted English achievements) If it is based on my IP-adress, my achievements should be in Dutch (but I still prefer English)

DenseCrab46344, Kilofish and I live in the Dutch part of Belgium.

Is there a way to change all this to English or even our language ?

It always worked on the 360.

Regards,

Smoker J
  6. Breyzipp Win User

I have the EXACT same problem as the OP.

I bought an XBox one only a few weeks ago and the only 2 games I have so far are Forza Horizon 2 and World of Tanks, both digital downloads, and the problem happens with both games.

When an achievement pops up during a game itself it is in English but when I look through my list of past achievements they are in French! I live in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium and I suppose the Xbox thinks my native language is French. Wrong, I
    don't even understand it very good. :(

I have never had this problem on a PC or my PS3 before, only on Xbox One (I never owned a 360).

Also, I am forced to put my Xbox system language to Dutch because otherwise payments are all wrong.

Microsoft, please separate Xbox system language (or regional settings) from billing information. I prefer to have everything on my Xbox in English. No Dutch and no French! On a PS3 this worked as a charm, I'm sure you guys can do better in 2015 than Sony
    already could in 2006.
Thema:

1. Achievements in wrong language - Similar Threads - Achievements wrong language

2. Achievements appearing in the wrong language (only in Call Of duty 2) Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements appearing in the wrong language (only in Call Of duty 2) Xbox 360: So, this is an issue I have had since I started playing Call Of Duty 2, the friggin achievements appear in Japanese/ Korean, can't really tell the difference. But only when viewed on the xbox, not...
  3. Achievements wrong language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements wrong language: i lived in UK where I set my Xbox one up. Moved to France but kept settings. However a small few of my game achievements now appear in French especially the recently purchased Assassins Creed...
  4. Achievements in the wrong language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements in the wrong language: Some (or the case of some games all) of my achievements appear in spanish despite all the language settings set to english uk. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?...
  5. Xbox on Windows Gears of War 4 achievements in wrong language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox on Windows Gears of War 4 achievements in wrong language: In the Xbox app on windows 10 my achievements for Gears of War 4 show up in Japanese while the Xbox app as well as Gears of War 4 itself are completely in English. Although I can understand...
  6. Achievements are in the wrong language!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements are in the wrong language!: Hi Everyone, I spoke with a customer service via online chat for the good part of an hour today and came up empty handed. Basically, the achievements of certain games (both digital and disc...
  7. Achievements appear in wrong language?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements appear in wrong language?: Hi, My CoD:AW achievements all appear in French, altough the console is set to Belgium (Dutch), my Xbox live profile is Belgium (Dutch), and all my other achievements (other games) do appear in...
  8. achievements and games with gold in wrong language.

in XBoX on Consoles
    achievements and games with gold in wrong language.: Hello, i wanted to say this for a long time, ever since i bought my xbox 360 my games with gold and achievements where in french, i live in belgium but microsoft seems to forget that we speak 3...
  9. Achievements show up in the wrong language

in XBoX on Consoles
    Achievements show up in the wrong language: Unlike the rest of the app, achievement titles and descriptions ignore the system's language setting and show up depending on your IPs geo-loc. (This only applies to achievements that have...
  10. Achievements appear in the wrong language

in XBoX on Consoles
    Achievements appear in the wrong language: I'm playing MCC in Shanghai on a NA console set to English/United States. The achievements are still in Chinese as reported by others. No fix yet. 98781c59-26a5-4bdc-8af7-14881b2982d8