Adaptive controller- missing the biggest market share

Discus and support Adaptive controller- missing the biggest market share in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I thought this would be a new piece of tech, where the pads would be touch sensitive trackpads where u can put a toe, for example, on and use it to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WARRIOR I M, Jul 9, 2019.

1. WARRIOR I M
    WARRIOR I M Guest

I thought this would be a new piece of tech, where the pads would be touch sensitive trackpads where u can put a toe, for example, on and use it to move the direction you want. I had a TBI ( largest source of disability in U.S. & thus largest market for
    this type of product) in 2004 and up until now have needed modded controllers w/LT & RT buttons put on the inner right handle for my ring or middle finger to press. My issue has been to use my palm on my right hand, in conjunction with my wrist, to tilt the
    controller, thereby moving my avatar/player. I tried to plug a second controller into the side usb, trying to assign left thumb stick to the connected controller but it won’t even allow that. I guess Xbox doesn’t really want to help disabled gamers because
    I see this helping very few of those whom want to play. For $100, create a touch sensitive spot, like an Ipad mini screen. This will help more people by a factor of a thousand, than whomever this is supposed to help. Whomp whomp. Any devices that’ll allow
    me to use the left stick besides the flight joystick, which doesn’t have another independent stick to control the opposite thumb stick? Goodbye Xbox Scarlett and all future gaming.

:)

WARRIOR I M, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Paul1708 Win User

You have some really good points. But you cant aim those at microsoft and paint them has the bad guy is way over the top

Microsoft spent loads of time and research with disabled people and testing and taking there feedback. This controller was built by disabled gamers not microsoft. By that i mean sure microsoft built the controller but it was the gamers that said this and
    that etc. They also work with gaming chairtylike Gamers Outreach and speacil effect just too name 2 too get feedback and ideas. . So i dont think there missing the biggest marketshre the aim of the controller isnt made too hit that. Thats the whole point in
    the controller.

Microsoft make the controller not the devices that plug into it they choose too make it open soruce meaning you can use any attachment made by any company. hey could of made it closed and made you buy the attachement from micosoft (couch cough apple) but
    they didnt.

when you said "I tried to plug a second controller into the side usb, trying to assign left thumb stick to the connected controller but it won’t even allow that."

You can do that you need too enable copolit in orrder too pair the 2 controllers togethor

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/copilot
  3. AridLizard Win User

thanks for bringing this to the forums.

you have some great ideas and I suggest you check out
    Xbox Ideas
    and see if others have put them forward and upvote them or suggest them there and hopefully your ideas can be implemented in future accessories for the Adaptive Controller
  4. HyperVenom523 Win User

You cant blame xbox for not having the spesific extension of the controller you need as a matter of fact no one on the industry has an adaptive controller offering just xbox, they made the source to connect all sort of things now if any accesory maker
    comes with the type of controller you desire thats another thing you can contact the team behind the adaptive controllers and let them know so they can help you out with your request...
  5. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

Microsoft is one of the few companies that have been helping disabled gamers get into the games easier.

Your suggestion for a mini touch sensitive screen is a good idea, I’m sure they considered this ..... but it might not have been cost efficient. Meaning the price of the controller going up & thus may have put some people off. I’d say throw your idea up
    to them & lets make it a possibilty.
  6. MetalNutz Win User

Not really fair to say Microsoft doesn't want to help disabled people. It was designed specifically to help those that cannot use a traditional and I'm certain it helps many gamers that couldn't otherwise play. I'm sorry that it doesn't help in your case.
Thema:

1. Adaptive controller- missing the biggest market share - Similar Threads - Adaptive controller missing

2. Xbox Adaptive Controller for Non Disabled Gamers

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller for Non Disabled Gamers: The Xbox Adaptive Controller was made for movement impaired individuals. My question is has anyone that isn't disabled used one to make a custom control setup AKA further expand customization?...
  3. Does the Xbox Adaptive Controller feature outputs for feedback?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does the Xbox Adaptive Controller feature outputs for feedback?: I'm looking to use the Xbox Adaptive Controller as a way to output feedback that is usually made for controller vibrations to trigger a light source. I have looked at the documentation and I don't...
  4. Xbox One Controller and Wireless Adapter not working on Windows Server 2019

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox One Controller and Wireless Adapter not working on Windows Server 2019: Xbox One Controller and Wireless Adapter not working on Windows Server 2019 Maybe the USB used for connection is an older model or that the USB is faulty ae29146f-6eb7-4c17-bbf2-729ecb3fdfee
  5. Adaptive controller/joystick not registering clicks

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive controller/joystick not registering clicks: I have the adaptive joystick plugged into the left usb port to control the left thumb stick via copilot. The issue is that when I click the adaptive thumb stick, the thumb stick click does not...
  6. Xbox One Controller Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Adapter: My adapter on my controller won't unmute and it has worked previously for months. What do I do? 68a47baa-baa0-4a1c-a9e3-5067e7373a78
  7. xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10 : compatible with xbox 360 controllers?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10 : compatible with xbox 360 controllers?: Hello, Is the xbox one controller adapter compatible with xbox 360 controllers? I speak about this adapter : https://www.xbox.com/fr-FR/xbox-one/accessories/adapters/wireless-adapter-windows...
  8. Xbox adaptive Controller and Triggers?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox adaptive Controller and Triggers?: What is everybody using on the adaptive controller that approximates the variability of triggers? Foot Pedals? Really need something. A button does not cut it with the trigger, especially if you...
  9. Xbox Adaptive Controller set up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller set up: I set my adaptive controller up when I got it a few days ago but something occurred & now it is all messed up. I’d like to set it up so that the right pad controls the left thumb stick and when I...
  10. Are there second hand Xbox Adaptive Controllers?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Are there second hand Xbox Adaptive Controllers?: $99.99 isn't affordable for me. 39033e50-0a4c-462f-b1ce-19146f7283d3