Adaptive Controller

Discus and support Adaptive Controller in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've been trying to find an answer online but can't seem to find a definite answer. So I have a friend who only has function of his left side. His wife... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DavidA90, Oct 7, 2018.

1. DavidA90
    DavidA90 Guest

Adaptive Controller

I've been trying to find an answer online but can't seem to find a definite answer. So I have a friend who only has function of his left side. His wife and i want to get him back into gaming. I heard about the adaptive controller and before i buy, I want
    to know if anyone can help me with what else i should buy? Which accessories are good for someone who only has control of his left side? Please and thank you.

:)

DavidA90, Oct 7, 2018
  2. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest
    XBF George L, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Xbox Adaptive Controller

Hi there WeariedPython61,

In reference to the Xbox Adaptive Controller is available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and the
    United States. If you need assistance troubleshooting here are a couple of resources:

Let us know if this helps.

XBF Crystal P, Oct 7, 2018
  4. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest

Adaptive Controller

Hey David,

First thing that comes to mind would be Using co pilot along side the adaptive controller. Co- pilot allows 2 different controllers to control player one,
    And it works perfectly along side the adaptive controller. Aside from that, here are some helpful links to check out if you haven't already :

Get to know the Xbox Adaptive Controller

Play with the Xbox Adaptive Controller

Customize the Xbox Adaptive Controller in the Xbox Accessories app

Xbox Adaptive Controller FAQ

Hope this can be of help!

XBF Chris J, Oct 7, 2018
  5. DavidA90
    DavidA90 Guest
    This helped a lot thank you! Now i just gotta order some foot pedals and i think we might be set. Thanks again!

DavidA90, Oct 7, 2018
  6. Erichoya
    Erichoya Guest
    Hi David,

I only have function on my left side as well but enjoy gaming to this day. Would he be gaming on an Xbox?

The Xbox Elite Controller is my #1 goto option with the Adaptive Controller a close second.

Tell me more about his gaming likes and I can help out with more detailed info.

Erichoya, Oct 31, 2018
  7. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest
    Hey Eric thanks for taking the time to post!

We suggest if it hasn't already been done to
    Start
    a New Thread
    so we can better assist with any and all issues or inquiries with the latest information available so we can start a discussion to help even more people!

XBF Nestor S, Nov 5, 2018
  8. WARRIOR I M Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller set up

I have a new adaptive controller and have the adaptive joystick plugged into the usb on the left side of the adaptive controller, yet the joystick will not control the left thumbstick in any direction. This is my 2nd adaptive controller keyboard and
    first joystick ( first thought pads on adaptive controller were touch pads). I’m hoping someone else has had this issue and is an easy fix. I turn the adaptive controller on first, then my regular controller. I’m praying this is not a second return of the
    adaptive controller or a first of the joystick.
  9. XBF Crystal P Win User

Adaptive Controller

10. XBF Chris J Win User

Adaptive Controller

Hey David,

First thing that comes to mind would be Using co pilot along side the adaptive controller. Co- pilot allows 2 different controllers to control player one,
    And it works perfectly along side the adaptive controller. Aside from that, here are some helpful links to check out if you haven't already :

Get to know the Xbox Adaptive Controller

Play with the Xbox Adaptive Controller

Customize the Xbox Adaptive Controller in the Xbox Accessories app

Xbox Adaptive Controller FAQ

Hope this can be of help!
  11. zmaster2XXX Win User

Adaptive Controller

Hi there Isoxboxhelp,

Thanks for reaching out.

You definitely are on the right track. Different games with require different game play controls. I recommend the following resource articles:

Hope this helps.
    I would follow these steps to get what you require to set up and running
  12. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox adaptive controller

Thema:

Adaptive Controller

1. Adaptive Controller - Similar Threads - Adaptive Controller

2. Is it possible to plug another xbox controller into the adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to plug another xbox controller into the adaptive controller?: Is it possible to plug another xbox controller into the adaptive controller? In particular I've got a bunch of original xbox controllers. Will I be able to connect them if I buy a usb adapter for...
  3. Can a USB track pad be paired with the XBOX Adaptive Controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can a USB track pad be paired with the XBOX Adaptive Controller?: To be clear, both left and right USB ports on the Adaptive Controller work fine when an analog joystick is plugged in. I purchased a new USB track pad https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PGFHJDY/...
  4. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller and Wireless Adapter for Windows (stopped working)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller and Wireless Adapter for Windows (stopped working): I have an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and a Wireless Adapter for Windows. I am running Windows 10 on my PC. My Wireless Adapter for Windows stopped working today after I started my computer....
  5. Adaptive Game Controller USB input

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive Game Controller USB input: HI all! I develop tech for special needs. Want to plug in 'regular' USB game controller (Logitech Attack 3, or PC game pad, etc.) into either USB port on the XBox Adaptive Controller to perform...
  6. Xbox Motorcycle simulator | Adaptive Controller + Ducati Panigale + MotoGP19

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Motorcycle simulator | Adaptive Controller + Ducati Panigale + MotoGP19: I would like to share my project, where I created a motorcycle simulator using my 2016 Ducati Panigale. This is specifically for an Xbox, as I am using the Xbox Adaptive Controller to interface...
  7. Xbox One controller adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller adapter: Hello everyone, I'm looking for some information before the purchase. I've an Xbox One controller with cable, with wich I play videogames on PC. What about the Wireless adapter for Xbox for PC?...
  8. How to connect new controller to microsoft windows controller adapter?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to connect new controller to microsoft windows controller adapter?: How do i connect a new controller to my microsoft windows controller adapter. I have 2 xbox controllers and i want to unpair the adapter with one and pair it with another? how can i do this?...
  9. Xbox one controller not connecting to Xbox Wireless Adapter for win10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller not connecting to Xbox Wireless Adapter for win10: Hello, So, I have an odd situation. My Xbox one controller won't connect wirelessly to the adapter, but I can connect wired to my PC. It worked wirelessly for months, then suddenly stopped...
  10. Adaptive Xbox controller in Singapore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive Xbox controller in Singapore: Good morning Singapore gamers! I am a design teacher in Singapore and my Grade 10 students are completing product studies on accessibility products. One of my students wants to check out the...