Add Notes or Icons To Game Thumbnails In Library?

Discus and support Add Notes or Icons To Game Thumbnails In Library? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'd love to be able to hit Menu on a games icon in my library and add a little icon like - •A little round disk if I own the game on disk. •A little... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/pplatt69, May 22, 2020 at 11:32 PM.

1. /u/pplatt69
    /u/pplatt69 Guest

I'd love to be able to hit Menu on a games icon in my library and add a little icon like -

•A little round disk if I own the game on disk.

•A little symbol for a digital download game.

•A little symbol for Games With Gold.

•A little symbol for Game Pass Game.

•A little symbol for Game Pass Game - Owned.

•A little symbol for "To Be Finished" or "Currently Playing."

•A little symbol for multiplayer.

•A little symbol letting you know that there's a Game Pass Quest active for that title.

•Little symbols like a sword, arrow, star, scroll or note, various colored dots to sort or make notes for whatever we want.

A Post It Notes like note that pops up with our own note in it when you highlight the game icon. For notes to yourself ("Go back for gold key" or "check locked doors in previous buildings now that I can pick locks")...

•Just a universal symbol that tells you whether you own a game or it's Game Pass or Games With Gold.

•Games With Gold and Game Pass games could be tagged in your library when they are on sale in the store, generating sales for you and letting us know that there's a good opportunity to own it forever at hand (as long as games you already own aren't tagged on sale as well.)

•A way to tag games in library by Genre (your tags or ours made to suit our own needs). I have 512 games loaded on my drives at the moment. I'd LOVE to be able to sort them by RPG, shooter, puzzle, indie, length, or event by type of trope or narrative into Sci Fi, Horror, Fantasy, Sports, Mystery...

•A tag across the bottom of the icon for the player's own rating of the game. You know people are enamored of their own opinions. They could sort by rating and always have their favorites at the top.

•Sort or tag by Developer.

•Parents might want to be able to lock games here with a pass code to run them. Or sort them by Rating. Or Hide them by Rating. Or just have the option to show the rating on the game icon. The more options like this you have, the more free you are to have adult material on your platform because you've given people the option to control access at their end.

This might be my years as a bookstore manager and Fiction and Genre buyer for Waldenbooks/Borders talking, but I'd love to be able to sort the library according to my own uses and needs, marking them and then sorting them by those marks. If I tell my GF or daughters that I downloaded that new Arkane Sci Fi RPG, they could find it quickly on my machine by three different tags if they didn't remember the name.

I know we can make our own groups. I still find myself hitting the library pretty often and having more info and game management options in this one spot would have all sorts of benefits.

People who don't want to sort or mark the icons in the library don't have to.

Also -

•Standardize the labeling of games in the library -

The Monkey Island games, Layers of Fear games, and the Red Dead Redemption games should each be next to each other. The abbreviations used for one but not the other in each series mean that they wind up in nonconsecutive spots on the alphabetical list and it's confusing.

•You could include a link to Xbox store suggestions for other games like that game if there was some sort of pane to open with these notes or icons listed by highlighting the game icon. •Achievements and progress could also be shown in a hover/highlight pane in the library.

submitted by /u/pplatt69
    [link] [comments]

2. zeroice007 Win User

Help with Sweepstakes...

Usually if you win something it will be on the ambassadors homepage on that star icon. Anything you win will be noted there . Also as everyone states some events take time to post you can find the winners on the discord page eventually but just check the
    star icon on the main page. You have a bell icon which notates what tasks are completed the star which is what is actually won and the little note icon that are the amount of you tickets. Hope that adds something to help
  3. BarringtonGrubenson Win User

Cant access games when Xbox is disconnected from internet

Hard to explain. I turn on my Xbox without an internet connection. I click the My games and apps thumbnail from the home tab and instead of showing all of my digital games thumbnails it shows an ad for gamepass. If i try to view the contents from the internal
    storage it takes me back to the game pass ad. The weird part is when i press the glowing X on my controller and pick My games and apps,it will show all of my pinned games thumbnails and im able to play my games from there.
  4. dainja raas Win User

Custom Themes

xbox will adjust it to fit , i use my own , a small thumbnail photo i downloaded to disc , then just copied thumbnail to xbox .
  5. Bazajaytee Win User

Game DVR thumbnails not showing until I watch my videos at least once

That is to be expected, once it saves it takes time to process the video. Give it long enough and it would show a thumbnail. Watching the clip speeds up the thumbnail process.
  6. Bogeh Win User

Forum Icons For Crazy?

*In the voice of the soup chef in Seinfeld* No icon for you!

In all seriousness though, don't post in attempts to get an icon. And on that happy note, I'll be locking this up. Happy November!
Thema:

1. Add Notes or Icons To Game Thumbnails In Library? - Similar Threads - Add Notes Icons

2. Why can't my child add friends while playing Minecraft on his iPhone?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my child add friends while playing Minecraft on his iPhone?: I've been at this for two hours. One of my children can add friends. One gets a message about needing to make a change to their privacy settings. They're the same age (twins), and as far as I can...
  3. Can't add additional email account as an alias - says it already exists

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add additional email account as an alias - says it already exists: Good afternoon. I've had an "@Live" email address as my Xbox Account from the Xbox 360 days. A couple years ago, I changed my personal email provider (Orange) and created a Microsoft...
  4. XBox one Forza Horizon lego speed chmpion add on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox one Forza Horizon lego speed chmpion add on: I have been playing FH4 for months and added fortune island successfully. i have been playing for a while a few days ago i purchased the lego speed champion add on. I downloaded and it worked...
  5. Como encontrar um complemento de jogo[Translation-How to find a game add-on]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Como encontrar um complemento de jogo[Translation-How to find a game add-on]: OI sou uma mãe tentando ajudar um filho de 5 anos a jogar no xbox one. Portanto, paciência comigo kkkkk Eu comprei um complemento do homem aranha da Lego para jogar com o jogo dos vingadores...
  6. Cant add family member to

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant add family member to: Ok. So I made a account and when I try to add it as a family member will not allow me. I have only 1 other account as a family member. I even took the previous member off and put it back on with...
  7. Mortal Kombat 11 New Add on says installed, but is not.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mortal Kombat 11 New Add on says installed, but is not.: I just purchased the latest Mortal Kombat add on (which says it's installed) but is not anywhere to be found in manage addons or in game. What needs to be done to remedy?...
  8. I downloaded minecraft on the wrong account and now I can't add restrictions for my child.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I downloaded minecraft on the wrong account and now I can't add restrictions for my child.: I created a microsoft account for myself to monitor my child a while back. I didn't know how microsoft worked at that time so I accidentally made myself child account. I then proceeded to buy and...
  9. Can't Purchase Add-On

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Purchase Add-On: I'm trying to buy the Jump Starter Pack for TitanFall2 and it keeps telling me to go to Microsoft support and nothings working after I tried seeing what I could do on Microsoft support and many of...
  10. Game streaming preview isn't allowing me to add my console through the app. Note 8, OG Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Game streaming preview isn't allowing me to add my console through the app. Note 8, OG Xbox...: [IMG] submitted by /u/single_mind [link] [comments]