Add VRR test app to test VRR from Xbox to TV

Discus and support Add VRR test app to test VRR from Xbox to TV in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, It would be nice to have VRR demo app, that would switch between different frame rates, so people will be able to tune their TV settings in... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DX_Helios, Oct 17, 2020.

1. /u/DX_Helios
    /u/DX_Helios Guest

Hi,

It would be nice to have VRR demo app, that would switch between different frame rates, so people will be able to tune their TV settings in real-time. TV manufacturers now have different options, but there is only limited amount of games supporting uncapped fps. I managed to test VRR with Elite Dangerous 4K/Performance mode.

submitted by /u/DX_Helios
    [link] [comments]

/u/DX_Helios, Oct 17, 2020
  2. CyTeK1978 Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

i can only tell you that your tv model had some problems with xbox and vrr/hdr.

seems that this is not fully fixed for some people.

have you tested without VRR (on Xbox side) ?
  3. Flavius Win User

Xbox One: VRR Enabled Causes Issue with ALLM TV Picture Mode On All the Time

I have the EXACT same issue from original post with LG C9 OLED and VRR on X1X. My other issue is that I can’t tell if VRR is working in any game. There is no notification given if VRR engages like there is with HDR modes. What’s a good game to test for
    obvious differences?
  4. DizzleD Win User

HDR Flickering Screen Tearing Xbox One X on LG OLED E9

Yes :( Tried all HDMI ports and ran calibration test. I have an IT background so definitely tried all of the more common sense stuff - also did most of the testing by turning tv and xbox on and off to make sure I was gettingthe right handshake. None of it
    seemed to help. (As an aside, thank you to everyone for your suggestion no matter how big or small. I always appreciate a community of people helping each other - so thanks!!!)

I realized this morning that there are other LG TV owners with the new VRR/HDR tv’s (series 9 OLED TV’s) that are having a similar issue. This looks like it’s a problem with the Xbox OneX not being able to supply the TV with the full signal for 60HZ 4K HDR
    & VRR. If anyone is very tech savvy they may be able to better dissect this - but it looks like Xbox will need to issue some kind of firmware update.

https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussion/4010/55-in-c9-oled-vrr-issues/p7

(FYI if you’re reading this, the C9 and E9 tv’s use the same hardware so this issue is replicated in my tv)
  5. ALUCARD360 Win User

OLED77CXPUA, XBOX ONE X, and Dolby Vision

You can still use VRR turning of the Freesync on the TV.
  6. skylaar Win User

Monitor with 120hz and VRR

Does your monitor support both VRR and 120Hz on Xbox? I have read that only specfic monitors out there support both enabled. For awhile the VRR was only supported at 60Hz but there are some monitors now that will allow you to enable both VRR and 120Hz.
Thema:

1. Add VRR test app to test VRR from Xbox to TV - Similar Threads - Add VRR test

2. Add custom gamer picture to Xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    Add custom gamer picture to Xbox app: My name is Sebastian and my gamer tag is Frost Soda I am really disappointed right now about the new Xbox app and was wondering if I can get the old Xbox app back some how because since the new...
  3. Xbox, please add support for sim racing gear!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox, please add support for sim racing gear!: I asked for this 100 times. Nobody at MS or on the forums are able to answer this question.. Question: Will sim racing gear like fanatec finally be fully functioning for the next gen console!?...
  4. Rainbow Six Siege Add ons not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rainbow Six Siege Add ons not working: So my lovely boyfriend was recently treating me and bought some skins and twitch byte set, year 1 and year 2 opp pack and we are on regular siege no ultimate or nothing lol. The problem is when...
  5. An idea to add for the next Minecraft update after caves and cliffs (Or maybe as a part of)

in XboX Insiders
    An idea to add for the next Minecraft update after caves and cliffs (Or maybe as a part of): So as the title suggests, I have had ideas for another update. After the Nether update, I was sure that the next thing would be a full End update. The closest think we've gotten was just shulkers,...
  6. Request To Add Virtua Tennis 3 & Virtua Tennis 4 To XBOX Backward Compatibility Program

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Request To Add Virtua Tennis 3 & Virtua Tennis 4 To XBOX Backward Compatibility Program: Good day, A number of years ago, I purchased physical copies of Virtua Tennis 3 and Virtua Tennis 4. Since then, I've kept these games and sold my XBOX 360. Currently, I'm waiting for my...
  7. Please add more sports titles to game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please add more sports titles to game pass: Hey how come there is almost 0 sports titles in game pass. I like sports games just as much as shooters and you guys try to exclude them. Well since you add sooooooo many indie games to game pass...
  8. console reset won't let me Add new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    console reset won't let me Add new account: i have been having loads of problms on my older xobxone. I can't sign -in to xbox live, signs me out of my load in account for no reason, says I have connection problems but says I'm connected to...
  9. Maybe add among us

in XBoX on Consoles
    Maybe add among us: I like to play among us but i can't afford it on pc and I succ on mobile and im a beast with controllers so maybe ask innersloth or something plz 8b422969-2bd7-4dc2-ad00-93264a92e790
  10. add a friend on Xbox in family

in XBoX on Consoles
    add a friend on Xbox in family: I have a family at Microsoft and I am a parent. My child wants to add a friend on Xbox and needs my permission. Unfortunately, I do not receive an email approval request, I also checked spam. What...