added gift card to wrong microft account

Discus and support added gift card to wrong microft account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I added an xbox gift card from my mother in law to my microsoft account instead of the one I have set up for my kids. Is there anyway I can correct... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TammyDoyle1, Oct 6, 2019.

1. TammyDoyle1
    TammyDoyle1 Guest

I added an xbox gift card from my mother in law to my microsoft account instead of the one I have set up for my kids. Is there anyway I can correct this? They want to be able to buy skins for minecraft with the $10 gift card and I don't even have an xbox1
    profile.

:)

TammyDoyle1, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

You can try contacting support to see if they can do anything, but otherwise, nothing can be transferred between accounts. http://support.xbox.com/contact-us You can check
    to see if the skins give the option to purchase as a gift and purchase them with the mother-in-law's account for the kids, but skins may not give that option.
  3. Cowgrlzroc Win User

Xbox Gift Card redeemed to parent account instead of Child account

I apologize for not answering your other question. As for adding more gift cards to the account, were you only signed into to your son's account on the Xbox when you added the gift card? If not, try signing out on all other accounts on that Xbox before
    adding the gift card. It shouldn't matter, but worth trying.
  4. Smwutches Win User

My VIP on Xbox live rewards. Gift cards.

Payment method doesn't matter. You can use credit card, Paypal, or currency from gift cards. You won't get credit for adding a gift card to your account.
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

Change email adress associated with a gift card

Hi, if you have added tye gift card to your account it can not be transferred.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox gift card

Hi there Jane,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with redeeming the gift card on the wrong account.

What type of gift card was it? (Currency/Subscription)

Unfortunately, if the gift card is for Microsoft Currency you will not be able to transfer or refund. The funds will get attached to the account it was redeemed on.

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. added gift card to wrong microft account - Similar Threads - added gift card

2. Trasferimento account xbox con gmail ad account Outlook (Transfer Xbox account with gmail...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trasferimento account xbox con gmail ad account Outlook (Transfer Xbox account with gmail...: Salve io vorrei abbandonare l email gmail e passare tutto il contenuto(acquisti,abbonamenti,dispositivi ecc) al mio account outlook che uso su pc. È possibile? Non vorrei più utilizzare gmail...
  3. Adding a new payment option.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adding a new payment option.: Hello, I have a problem with adding the phone payment option. When I enter my orange number it is written that it is incorrect. And it is correct because I entered 10 times correctly. I also tried...
  4. adding facebook to whitelist to Microsoft Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    adding facebook to whitelist to Microsoft Xbox: Been trying since i got this game and can't get connected to facebook keeps wanting me to add it to a whitelist and can't seam to find were i need to go for it can someone please help me?...
  5. Gift card redeemed, but amount is not added to my account

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gift card redeemed, but amount is not added to my account: I just bought 2 €10 Gift cards and redeemed the codes through the Xbox app on my phone. After entering the codes i got the normal message that the amount was added to my account but when trying...
  6. Followed the Redeem Gift Card Instructions for Family account, credits were still added to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Followed the Redeem Gift Card Instructions for Family account, credits were still added to...: I logged in to my children's account to redeem a $50 Xbox/Windows Gift Card each, but the credit was added to my account (Parent) Account. I have gone through all the help suggestions including,...
  7. Does anyone know how to check if your Xbox gift card balance, without adding it to your ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Does anyone know how to check if your Xbox gift card balance, without adding it to your ...: How do you check your Xbox gift card balance, without adding it onto your account? 88399376-9ff0-4332-86e7-19560ed3920d
  8. Adding friends to gift

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding friends to gift: I can't remember how to add names to my gift list. Can you remind me how to do this? 35a1a8f7-f2e0-4006-a8f8-9b94cf45b11e
  9. problem with payment after adding €15 gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problem with payment after adding €15 gift card: hi. yesterday i got a 15€ gift card wanted to redeem it on my xbox one but it kept failing to accept the code. so i entered it on my pc where it worked. the problem with this is it put the money...
  10. Money added to wrong account and redeemed gift card isnt refundable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Money added to wrong account and redeemed gift card isnt refundable?: I redeemed a gift card on the parent account that I thought my son could access from his child account (which he cant), then I put money into the wrong child account he uses. I contacted Support...