Adding friends should be easier

Discus and support Adding friends should be easier in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; One of the most aggravating things for me is adding someone and they don't even know it or someone stops following you and you have to go through your... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MetalNutz, May 15, 2019 at 8:22 AM.

1. MetalNutz
    MetalNutz Guest

One of the most aggravating things for me is adding someone and they don't even know it or someone stops following you and you have to go through your friends list to trying and figure out who.

The notification system doesn't always work like it should and I've had people add me and I legitimately didn't notice until a year later.

Thoughts?

:)

2. Cherry Dolphin Win User

True theres always room for improvement..
  3. FLUFFYR00 Win User

Notifications have always been bad since xbox one release. Preferred the 360 days when everyting popped up as it should
  4. Christyna64 Win User

I agree, I think the notifications need to pop for friends adding you. Also there should be a way to prevent random people from following instead of having to go through and block them.
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

One to many friends list can get tricky, and it can be hard to manage. There are a lot of people on my friends list, and finding the right one, having to scroll through alphabetically can be time consuming. I have most of the people I want favorited, so
    it's easier to find, but having groups in that list on the Xbox App is also not ideal for me.

I think this would be a great idea to post on
    Xbox Feedback website.
    There are some ideas I'd like to see, to be able to be a bit more granular in what notifications I see for what user, or the ability to add groups, and have my friends bucketed by how I normally interact with them.

I think if they merged friends and club handling a little bit more like Discord it would be an improvement, wouldn't even necessarily have to add friends then, unless you want a one-on-one conversation, you could just find them in their "server" or "club"
    where you're hanging out. I am not a fan of how clubs are organized, but that is a different topic.
  6. Ambassador Kingz Win User

I think both the notification system and "friend" system need some work. The idea of the friends list was supposed to be people you play with. Now with the "follow" feature, it tends to cause some confusion to the gamer base on what exactly people are to
    each other.

Personally, if someone follows me, I rarely add/follow them back as I have no clue who they are and tend it tends to be a spam account. If they rework the presentation of it and better outline how they imagine it to be used, I think that would help a lot
    of people.

For notifications, I wish there was a more reliable system in place and a better way to manage which notifications you get. Especially on the mobile app, I don't need notifications for everything that's happening in a club. At the very least, set a limit
    on how often those notifications can come through.
Thema:

1. Adding friends should be easier - Similar Threads - Adding friends should

2. Random account adding me and my friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random account adding me and my friends: Theres an account on Xbox Live by the gamertag, [Mod Removed-Personal Information]. And it's been adding me and my friends with no delay. I've been added by the same account or an account similar...
  3. adding friends

in XBoX on Windows
    adding friends: i can't add a friend on my x-box account even if i type in his username perfectly 42d2d437-3174-41af-a804-6d59e6fbfb59
  4. Prevent random people from adding me as friends/following me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prevent random people from adding me as friends/following me.: Everywhere I look online and from speaking with support, this doesn't seem to be possible. The answer is to block the user, change my privacy settings so only friends can see data, etc. It's great...
  5. adding friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    adding friends: hi there, forgive me for al the questions but hoping someone can assist me? I'm having trouble adding friends for my kids specifically in Fortnite. I can find the friends in the Xbox Home however...
  6. adding friends to xbox live in minecraft pocket edition

in XBoX on Mobile
    adding friends to xbox live in minecraft pocket edition: Hey there, I do have aproblem. I just wanted to find my a friend whose gamertag I know, but when I pressed the corresponding button in minecraft pocket Edition, it ony said that I would have to...
  7. adding friends

in XBoX Accessibility
    adding friends: when my son goes to add friends on his xbox live it says that he needs parental permission and I have to go online to accept it.. I cant find anywhere to let him add people?...
  8. Control children adding new friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Control children adding new friends: Hello. I currently have 3 Xbox ones in my household for my children. I have them added under me as a family and have restrictions on their purchases, screen time, etc. What I'd like to find out...
  9. Adding friends on Minecraft PE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding friends on Minecraft PE: How can my son add friends on Minecraft PE? It says he can't add friends due to the settings but I can't find anything on how to change it. Moved from: Mobile Devices / Other Windows mobile...
  10. 'Recommend a game to a friend' feature should be re-added

in XBoX Games and Apps
    'Recommend a game to a friend' feature should be re-added: A game I've had my eye on for awhile now, 'Trouble Witches Neo!' was delisted sometime last year. A lot of XBLA seem games have this issue with being delisted with little to no notification...