adding money to a child account

Discus and support adding money to a child account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hi, I would like to add money to my childs account but it only shows as dollars? how do I change from dollars to pounds? or does it not matter? thanks!... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mark h_292, Nov 26, 2019.

1. mark h_292
    mark h_292 Guest

hi, I would like to add money to my childs account but it only shows as dollars? how do I change from dollars to pounds? or does it not matter? thanks!

:)

mark h_292, Nov 26, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

Adding money to a child account

I would log into
    account.microsoft.com
    on your account and verify that your payment methods are up to date and valid under Payments & Billing > Payment Methods.. From there, check your child's account in the family tab and make sure their settings are set up to allow it.
    You should also be able to try to add money to the accounts from there, and might give you more information on any error than the console, if it still comes up.
  3. XBF Jeremy Z Win User

Adding money to child account

Hiya David,

Thank you for contacting Forum support.

Sorry to hear there is an issue with the region.

Unfortunately, since the currency was already purchased it cannot be converted from one currency to another. There will be two separate balances on the account if you switch to your original region.

Basically when you purchase new currency it will apply to the correct region, but you will still have the other region balance as well (this will not add to your current balance, but it will show a septate balance).

Make sure the region on the console is set to the correct one. check out this link:

How to update your Microsoft account if you’re moving to a new country or region

Also, try to set it on
    Xbox.com
    as well to the correct region.

Click on your profile

Select Xbox Settings

Select "Change 360 account region"

then click on your region then once set
    Power Cycle
    your console.

Hope this helps.
  4. ConnorMc00 Win User

I believe it doesn’t matter, should go on in the region you are in. I would try a small amount first though just to be sure.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Jennifer,

Sorry again for the issue with adding funds. I was able to find out it is a known issue and they are looking into it. As an ETA there isn't one. I will try to update as soon as I hear anything new.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Jennifer,

Sorry for the issue with adding money to the account. You can try and purchase a gift card and then have your child redeem it on their account. Also when trying to make a purchase for currency try it from your child account. Usually what will happen is the
    parent account will get a text/email to approve the transaction. Here is a link that might help.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/security/grant-exception-child-content-limits

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. adding money to a child account - Similar Threads - adding money child

2. I added money to my son's account and it shows up on the website but he cannot see it on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I added money to my son's account and it shows up on the website but he cannot see it on...: I added money to my son's xbox account and I can see the correct balance on the website but my son cannot see the funds on his xbox and therefore he cannot use them. Can anyone help?...
  3. I added money 2 my account but it won't show up in the store help

in XBoX on Consoles
    I added money 2 my account but it won't show up in the store help: I added money 2 my account but it won't show up in the store help 6d248416-c05e-4c35-9224-a5d69275bada
  4. Adding Money No Longer Works?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding Money No Longer Works?: I added money to my sons XBox profile, under my Microsoft account like I always do. While he is playing Fortnight, he does not see the available funds? This is how we have always added VBucks why...
  5. Money added to child’s account but not showing on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Money added to child’s account but not showing on Xbox: Son trying to buy Fortnite “save the world”. Money added & showing in account, but funds not added on the xbox. ad6a89fa-f214-4fb8-be47-40a43f739fb2
  6. Adding money to my childs account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding money to my childs account: I wanted to add $40 to my child's account, but that denomination is not available. So, I tried to do two transactions, one for $25 and one for $15. Why did I get an error message when I tried to...
  7. Adding money to child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding money to child account: hi my child account is showing USD however it should be GBP as we are in the UK how do I change to correct currency? my account and my other childs account show correctly as GBP....
  8. Help adding money to child account - losing the will to live!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help adding money to child account - losing the will to live!!: So at half 5 today my son tried to purchase some fifa coins with his xmas money. he selected the options, it said he needed parental permission and that i could authorise it online (which i...
  9. Adding money to a child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adding money to a child account: I cant seem to add money to my childs account. Every time I go into the family setting and go to spend and add money it tells me that my request cannot be processed at this time and loops me back...
  10. Adding money to child’s account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding money to child’s account: hi, Inwant to buy an in game purchase for each of my 2 sons. However I seem to be only able to add £10 to each account which I don’t want to do. They want to buy a car each in rocket league for...