Adding music files to xbox one from external hd

Discus and support Adding music files to xbox one from external hd in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi is it possible to add music files from my external hard drive to the xbox one for easier playback? Also are there any music player apps that have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hathworm, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Hathworm
    Hathworm Guest

Hi is it possible to add music files from my external hard drive to the xbox one for easier playback?

Also are there any music player apps that have a search function? I have over 300gb of music and it takes too long to scroll through to the album i want.

:)

Hathworm, Aug 26, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Hath

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. I understand that you are inquiring about saving music-type files to your console.

There seems to be a way to paste files using the File Explorer app that comes pre-installed with the console, however, according to the

media player FAQ
    , it merely supports streaming via external devices.

I have however seen instances where some were able to install-up-to 10 GB of data as depicted

here

As far as a search option, I believe there is an app called Simple Background Music Player
    that you create a folder and you then add songs onto that folder, however there is not way to set a playlist and no search option.

I hope this was of some help to you.
  3. Dageto Kraft Win User

only possible through an external hard drive
  4. Heavy Shotgun Win User

You could try out the Soundcloud app.
  5. NewBlacksmurf Win User

PC sync to XBox One

Hi there StinkyPinky531

Can you be more specific?

-I assume you're trying to play a video or music file from your PC to the XBox One....if yes, please provide some more details or go here:

support.xbox.com/.../playto

-What is your OS?

-Is the PC wired or wireless?

-Is the file on the PC HD or an external HD?

-What is the file type?
  6. BR4DOKYBrazil Win User

Questions regarding the External HD in One!

Thank you very much, Obsessive Power !!!

Can tell me when the External Hard Drive is formatted for the Xbox One, it deletes all HD files or those standard files that comes in HD is not deleted?
Thema:

1. Adding music files to xbox one from external hd - Similar Threads - Adding music files

2. Adding an account after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adding an account after factory reset: My son did a factory reset on his Xbox One because he was having issues with games freezing up and communication issues. Now he can't add his account back in. He has done all of the different...
  3. An suggestion feature that allowed unlimited items to be added to home

in XBoX Games and Apps
    An suggestion feature that allowed unlimited items to be added to home: Like number of game max to 5 when I add an xbox one and xbox 360 game to my home page section up to 50 games.Not sure this should be in correct area. 93f7e794-abcb-4e66-8d0f-1d2b158ac2a6
  4. Groove and music.microsoft.com does not locate music added to OneDrive

in XBoX on Windows
    Groove and music.microsoft.com does not locate music added to OneDrive: Groove and music.microsoft.com does not locate music added to OneDrive I added a folder named Podcasts to my OneDrive/Music folder. The Podcast folder contains several folders with unprotected...
  5. Adding music to clips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding music to clips: I've been trying to add music to my clips to share on my feed. I've tried the YouTube way with a audio lead and phone and it don't work. Is there any other way of adding music. Some thing like...
  6. Added music player support For TWITCH app broadcasting On Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Added music player support For TWITCH app broadcasting On Xbox One?: This happens to be one of mine and other broadcasters most wanted features to come to the twitch app for Xbox One. The ability to allow my viewers to listen to the music I'm listening, Would...
  7. Adding my music to an external xbox one hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adding my music to an external xbox one hard drive: I want to download music to my recently purchased external hard drive (that I have formatted to be an xbox one hard drive). How do i take the music on my computer and get it onto that drive? I...
  8. XBOX Music app plays ads when listening to locally stored Music on either Windows 8.1 or ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Music app plays ads when listening to locally stored Music on either Windows 8.1 or ...: Hi there, I know I'm not the only one having this problem, but there's still no solution. I posted about it in Microsoft Windows 8 forum and was send to post it here again. When I'm playing...
  9. How to sign up for Xbox Music Pass - Ad-Supported Version

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to sign up for Xbox Music Pass - Ad-Supported Version: I have been seeing advertisements for Xbox Music Pass. What I understand is being offered is a premium pay service with no advertising and more features and an ad-supported version which is Free....
  10. xbox adding days/weeks to either live or music pass or both?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox adding days/weeks to either live or music pass or both?: I dont know about everyone else but i guess xbox added like almost a moth to my live account for some reason it was supposed to end on 1/1/16 not its 1/19/16 and for the music pass it was 5/1/14...