Adding Support to Connect to External Servers Via IP Address - Minecraft

Discus and support Adding Support to Connect to External Servers Via IP Address - Minecraft in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been playing Minecraft for upwards of 8 years now, and I've played on Pocket edition, PC, and Xbox. The one gripe I've had with it, however, has... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JakeDahlgren, Jun 9, 2021.

1. JakeDahlgren
    JakeDahlgren Guest

I've been playing Minecraft for upwards of 8 years now, and I've played on Pocket edition, PC, and Xbox. The one gripe I've had with it, however, has to do with the Xbox version (NOT Xbox edition, just Minecraft on the Xbox) not having support for connecting to external servers via IP address. I host a small server for just my friends and I (max of around 40-50 people), and we would exceed the player limit when playing on a regular world or realm, so switching to this is not an option. The BDS server that I host works fine for everyone playing on PC and mobile, but people who own the game on Xbox can't play with us. I have seen online that having this feature could pose a security issue for the consoles, so maybe this could be a feature that is disabled by default and can be enabled "at the users own risk" or something along those lines. I feel like it is just as much of a security threat to have people installing or trying to use third-party applications to attempt to connect to servers. This, however, is just my opinion, and if there is anything important as to why this cant work or why it isn't in place, I would like to know, as I couldn't find too many good reasons online.

Thanks,

-Jake

:)

JakeDahlgren, Jun 9, 2021
  2. X Farscape X Win User

i run a minecraft server and for my kids to access it via xbox one they require the ip, thats it, even their friends join, basically only people i trust. but yes you can use an ip only. on minecraft for xbox, phone, switch, playstation and pc.

i use the bedrock server software.
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Friends cant join my server but I can through LAN

you will need your external ip address and input that into the server and then give that ip to your friends. i have a minecraft server running 247 for my kids and their friends.
  4. [Farscape] Win User

My Friends On Xbox Cannont Join My Minecraft Windows 10 Dedicated Server

they need to enter the server details on the xbox minecraft and they will need your external facing IP address to do this. remember only give people that you know or you will get a headache later for it.

I host my own minecraft server for my kids and their friends.
  5. taidara Win User

Help needed with IP addresses

That is great news! :)

The IP address that shows up on your console's network settings (169.bla.bla.bla) is a link-local address or Auto-IP. It will do so when requesting an IP address via DHCP server fails. I can think of a numerous of things that could have triggered this problem.
    But since this was resolved by simply turning off your console for an hour it would point to fact that the external network adapter was in need for a coffee break or something :)
  6. DeucE DrizzlE Win User

Can't Connect to Your DHCP Server

So I moved the router back in the line of connection and the Xbox connected right away. The switch I have is not capable of operating as a DHCP server.

I believe the computer worked when the Xbox didn't because the one IP address was assigned to the router which then assigned the computer a dynamic IP address via the wireless connection. When I went to use the computer via the wired connection it worked
    because it hard already had an IP address assigned.

I wonder if I had hooked the Xbox up via the wireless connection and then went back to the wired connection if it would have worked... Either way, I think the way it is set up now is the best solution because IPs will need to be assigned and reassigned and
    I am guessing that would probably start to cause issues with conflicting addressed down the way.

Thanks for all the input!
Thema:

1. Adding Support to Connect to External Servers Via IP Address - Minecraft - Similar Threads - Adding Support Connect

2. [XBXF] Please consider adding region support, Gamepass and xCloud services in Costa Rica.

in XBoX on Consoles
    [XBXF] Please consider adding region support, Gamepass and xCloud services in Costa Rica.: Please please consider this, I want to be able to use my own credit card via the console to buy games or subscriptions to services like Gamepass ultimate, without having to buy gif cards. Also...
  3. Dolby vision supported for gaming added in alpha ring

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby vision supported for gaming added in alpha ring: According to Forbes, dolby vision is now supported in certain games replacing HDR. They are the only place reporting this and being in the alpha ring I thought I would test it and it doesn't work...
  4. When will Dolby Vision Blu Ray support be added to Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Dolby Vision Blu Ray support be added to Xbox: It was announced two yesrs ago that the xbox one X wiuld be getting dolby vision support for UHD discs, however it has failed to materialize as of yet. When will it be added and if not will it at...
  5. How can I bring awareness to Xbox regarding demand and adding Xbox support in Malaysia...

in XboX Insiders
    How can I bring awareness to Xbox regarding demand and adding Xbox support in Malaysia...: Hey there, lately I have been doing research regarding the available of Xbox support in my country Malaysia and am confuse on why the Xbox is not support in a country where gaming is a huge trend....
  6. can you add the following games sicne your adding mod support for the xbox app store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can you add the following games sicne your adding mod support for the xbox app store?: the games are: Age of mythology, elder scrolls anthology, assassin creed anthology, wolfenstein series, Doom series, quake series, starcraft anthology, tom clancy anthology, 3d realms anthology,...
  7. Added music player support For TWITCH app broadcasting On Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Added music player support For TWITCH app broadcasting On Xbox One?: This happens to be one of mine and other broadcasters most wanted features to come to the twitch app for Xbox One. The ability to allow my viewers to listen to the music I'm listening, Would...
  8. Removed and added back my xbox1 account as advised by Xbox support on Twitter and now ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Removed and added back my xbox1 account as advised by Xbox support on Twitter and now ...: i wasn't able to connect on Xbox live on my Xbox 1 console and sometimes signing in and out of profile was not working either. So i posted on the Xbox Twitter account seeking help. I was told to...
  9. Adding estonia to the list of supported countries for XBOX 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adding estonia to the list of supported countries for XBOX 360: this is mainly a suggestion for @Developers so, i've been having problems with xbox one, specifically xbox one's backwards compatible games. i bought skate 3 from my local retailer and everything...
  10. Please help tried adding a child account just keeps erroring support wont help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help tried adding a child account just keeps erroring support wont help: Hi, thanks for visiting Xbox Support! I'm Faith F. 19:29 Faith FHello. How are you today? 19:29 MeIm good thanks 19:29 Faith FThat is good. How may I help you? 19:30 Mei keep getting...