Adding XBox Live to a Child Account

Discus and support Adding XBox Live to a Child Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I'm a bit of a newbie to XBox. We recently got an XBox One for my kids and I'm having difficulty adding XBox Live to their accounts. I went... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MattSainsbury, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Adding XBox Live to a Child Account

Hello,

I'm a bit of a newbie to XBox. We recently got an XBox One for my kids and I'm having difficulty adding XBox Live to their accounts. I went into settings and have it set to ask a parent, but when I try to purchase on their child account it says "You need
    a Parent to Buy this" "we can't send a request". Isn't it supposed to send a request for me to approve the purchase. I can't seem to figure out how to purchase and apply to my child's account.

Please let me know if I'm possibly missing a step or having something incorrectly set up in my settings.

Thanks

:)

MattSainsbury, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Sir KiKo and Co Win User

Unable to add a child account as a family member

Hello Dan,

There is no error displayed. I added Xbox Live account of my second child via Download Profile on Xbox. The account was added without a problem. Then I checked Settings > Family, but there was only an account of my first child. The same situation is on
    my XBox Live Account (on the internet); under Security, Family...-->Privacy & Online Safety. There is only first child too.

Martin
  3. MissEdi Win User

Не работает Realms в игре Minecraft.

Hi there, Wiki Kar!

Is it possible that your account is a Child account, by chance? If your account is a Child account, then you would need to have your account added to an

Xbox Live Family and then have an adult account to
    adjust the privacy settings
    for the Child account.
  4. MB5656 Win User

Cannot make any purchases on Xbox Live

it may be how old you are (no ad-fence) but teen and child accounts cant buy any thing on xbox live
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Mature rated games are only 18+ ?

[quote user="Beta Bri"]What I find that is most reprehensible? Is the U.S. military advertising on Xbox Live, and in major game publications and web sites.[/quote]I believe someone mentioned that when a child account logs into Live, the ads change to reflect
    that. I would presume those ads disappear when a child account is logged in.
  6. juan van Win User

Cant Buy Xbox Live

If you have a family plan you can not add xbox live time directly to the child account, it must be added to the parent account to be activated on the plan.
Thema:

Adding XBox Live to a Child Account

1. Adding XBox Live to a Child Account - Similar Threads - Adding Live Child

2. impossibile accedere ad xbox live (Unable to access Xbox live)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    impossibile accedere ad xbox live (Unable to access Xbox live): buongiorno non riesco ad accedere ad xbox live dal mio pc. In pratica stanotte ho lasciato acceso il mio pc perchè stava scaricando un gioco dal Microsoft Store, quindi stamattina l'ha...
  3. I added a whole new XBox account when trying to put my account on XBox live...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I added a whole new XBox account when trying to put my account on XBox live...: I have an xbox account... named "X" i was trying to move X to an xbox live account. when doing this i got an error code, and i went online to see what it meant. i worked on it a bit, creating an...
  4. Ad amigos no xbox live[Ad amigos no xbox live]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ad amigos no xbox live[Ad amigos no xbox live]: Olá.Criei uma conta no xbox live,alterei meu gamer tag, e assinei o live Gold para poder jogar on-line. Porem ja add mais de 10 gamertags existentes e não obtive resposta.Aparece uma mensagem...
  5. Xbox live and adding a code

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox live and adding a code: I have an Xbox subscription already on my 1st Xbox One. I purchased a second Xbox One and a few extra controllers. They came with 14 day codes... Since I will log in with my same...
  6. Help adding money to child account - losing the will to live!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help adding money to child account - losing the will to live!!: So at half 5 today my son tried to purchase some fifa coins with his xmas money. he selected the options, it said he needed parental permission and that i could authorise it online (which i...
  7. adding friends to xbox live in minecraft pocket edition

in XBoX on Mobile
    adding friends to xbox live in minecraft pocket edition: Hey there, I do have aproblem. I just wanted to find my a friend whose gamertag I know, but when I pressed the corresponding button in minecraft pocket Edition, it ony said that I would have to...
  8. Adding child to Xbox live on Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding child to Xbox live on Xbox one: Just added my daughter to my family account in Microsoft and on her xbox one. (have a son as well). Updated privacy settings to where she has access to just about everything, including unlimited...
  9. Error Adding Child Xbox Live Profile to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Adding Child Xbox Live Profile to Xbox 360: Hi all, I'm trying to download and sign in with my sons child account on the Xbox 360. However although it downloads successfully I can't sign in. It contains the following error: Your parents...
  10. Added child to my acct,, do I have to purchase another live gold acct 4 them?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Added child to my acct,, do I have to purchase another live gold acct 4 them?: I have an Xbox live gold account. We have 2 boys & just recently added another Xbox. I setup the Xbox, added a "child" as a "family member" on the original account that the boys shared. Now the...