Adding Xbox-profile to MS-account

Discus and support Adding Xbox-profile to MS-account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello community! Today, I tried to setup Xbox-Live for my son, 12 years old. I had to register myself, which I did, and then I could setup the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by emtee79, Jul 31, 2019.

1. emtee79
    emtee79 Guest

Hello community!

Today, I tried to setup Xbox-Live for my son, 12 years old. I had to register myself, which I did, and then I could setup the MS-account.

Now, when I try to create an Xbox-profile in my son's account, I have to permit this by entering the mail address, which is connected to my own MS-account, and the password. So far so good, but after entering the password, a site opens which says that the
    URL is not available.

So, the status noe is as follows: I have an MS-account and an Xbox-profile, which I successfuly downloaded on our console. My son, so far, only has an MS-account, which belongs to the family group administrated by me (I guess), but no Xbox-profile.

Any help or hint is appreciated.

Thx!

P.S.: Please forgive bad spelling or grammar, English is not my native language.

:)

emtee79, Jul 31, 2019
  2. emtee79 Win User

Hey Crystal P, steeledwand, and Ricardo,

thanks so much for your answers. I'll reply to your suggestions in this post:

Crystal P, when I log into my son's account on xbox.com I (i.e. my son) am immediately asked to create an Xbox profile. And, since my son is underage, I (as a parent) have to confirm that my son is allowed to create that profile. So, I enter my own account's
    email address. Then, a green window with a password dialogue shows up. And after I enter my password, a page shows up saying: "We are sorry. The page you requested cannot be found." When I log into my son's account on microsoft.com, visit the account's page
    via the small icon in the upper right, and try to go to the Xbox profile, the very same thing happens, starting with the page where I (my son) am asked to create the Xbox profile.

steeledwand, I followed the steps on the page you linked a few days ago. Everything seemed to work fine. At some point during that process, I (as a parent) had to agree on the creation of the gamertag. I entered my account's login data, a billing address,
    my credit card data for age verfication, and accepted the legal stuff. Back on the console's home screen, there was no "Xbox live" sign under my son's local profile that he wanted to turn into a gamertag.

Ricardo, I haven't done that yet. I can, however, access my son's account on microsoft.com. And he received an email to confirm his account when we first created it. But, I will keep that in mind as well.

The state right now is as follows: I chatted with support on last week's friday and on monday. We removed my son's account from my family and tried again. We removed his account again and tried via my son's console, both to download the gamertag and to convert
    the local profile to a gamertag. Nothing worked. On monday, the woman from support agreed that it is really weird that I get that error page basically saying "url not found". She gave up and said she would pass the case on to the next level since she couldn't
    help me anymore. She said that they would examine the accounts involved and, then, email me. I really like that development because I get the feeling that something is done. Also, I now have the feeling that the problem is recognized as a problem.

There is one new observation that I made last weekend. (I noticed this before, but I didn't connect it ot the problem.) When I log into my own Microsoft account, I get a message that there are two accounts linked to my email address, one private (that's
    the one that I created recently as the parent account to my son's) and one for business or school (in german: Geschäfts- oder Schulkonto). The latter, supposedly, was created by my IT department. Which is funny, since I don't remember working at a place where
    this could have happened. I assume that this is a very old skype account that I don't use anymore. My uneducated guess is, that all those requests for permission that my son sent to me to create his Xbox profile did not, in fact, reach my private account.
    Rather, they might have been sent to that ominous business account which is connected to the same email adress. Unfortunately, I have not been able to log into this business account.

Well, I guess the next level of support, where my problem should be right now, will see this for themselves. At least, I told the woman that I chatted with on monday about this second account and she passed that information on to the next level for sure.
    Right now, all I can do is wait for that email to come.

Thanks to all of you! I'll keep you updated.

emtee
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

You have to register a child account with another email account and set up your account as parent account
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

This link will help you do it through the console since you are on a 360.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/offline-profile-to-gamertag
  5. emtee79 Win User

Hello again, M3tal Daz3, Chris, and Brad,

hello again, community!

I'm back at my place and wanted to give you an update on the current state. Sorry for the wall of text, I just want to give you as much information as possible.

Yesterday, I created a new email account for my son and tried to create the Xbox profile on the console. When I do this via "add new", it creates a local profile perfectly fine. My question here: Is it possible, to connect a local profile to my son's MS
    account? I couldn't find a way to do so.

I also tried to create the Xbox Live profile via the menu on the console (in german, there is a button which says "participate now"). That, by the way, was what we did when we first tried a few days ago. I entered my son's first name, the newly created email
    adress, chose a password, and entered my son's birth date. Since he is underage, a parent is required to agree. I was asked, which profile should be used to administrate the account to be created. Here, I chose my own profile (which I downloaded and which
    is connected to Xbox Live). Then, I entered my account's email address and the password, I entered the billing information, and verified my age with my credit card. After a short black screen, I got to the account selection, but there was no new account. Plus,
    the account that I just tried to create doesn't show up in the family group of my MS account. There also was no confirmation mail, neither in my own email nor in that of my son. So, I guess this didn't work. Question here: Should I have chosen the local profile
    of my son to "administrate" (in german "verwalten") the account?

I just tried setting up an Xbox profile in my son's MS account, again. The result, sadly, is the same that I got at my son's place: I log into the MS account. I go to "edit profile" (in german "Profil bearbeiten", don't know if that's the correct path on
    the english site) and then I click "go to Xbox profile". There, since that profile doesn't exist yet, I (i.e. my son) had to check whether I want to get informed on some shop news and accept the legal terms. I left the check boxes unchecked and clicked "accept".
    On the next page, I (the parent) had to confirm that my son is allowed to create an Xbox profile. To do so, I entered the email address that I used for my own MS account and clicked "agree". Then, a password dialogue opened. I entered the password for my MS
    account and I ended up where I've been before: a page that says (in english, not in german) that the page requested could not be found due to a mistaken URL. So, I don't think that this is a firewall issue. At no point did I enter a URL manually. The URL that
    is called after the password dialogue cannot be opened on my smartphone, nor on the laptop that I used at my son's place, nor at my own desktop pc.

I really appreciate any help you give and I'm sorry that I couldn't yet answer with "Yay, that worked!" If you think this would ease problem solving, I'd be happy to meet up on some voice chat although this might be difficult due to time zones (GMT +2 is
    mine).

Thanks for your efforts and your patience

Emtee
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Emtee79,

Thanks for keeping us updated. You have it set up correctly as of right now. You are the "Parent" account of any child accounts in your Microsoft family. Please note that any adult accounts added in the future can also manage the child account settings.

At this point, you need to add an Xbox profile to your sons account correct? You can do this by signing in to
    Xbox.com with your sons account to finish up the account creation. This should come right up after signing in, asking you to fill out information to complete the Xbox profile creation. Doing
    so would add a randomly generated gamertag to that account. You can change this later for free. Please note that you only get one free change, so make sure you have correct spelling and capitalization before claiming a new gamertag.

For further information regarding privacy and online settings, check this link out : Xbox One online safety
    and privacy settings for parents and kids

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.
Thema:

1. Adding Xbox-profile to MS-account - Similar Threads - Adding profile account

2. A random email address was added on my Xbox profile list.

in XBoX on Consoles
    A random email address was added on my Xbox profile list.: Hey so there was a random email that popped up as a profile on my xbox. Is it possible someone can add themselves on your xbox without actually doing it on the xbox? Confused how it got there....
  3. Adding multiple players with their own profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding multiple players with their own profile: On xbox 360 we created our own profiles and each one would sign in on a remote and we could play together under individual profiles on the same tv can we not do that on xbox one?, we were trying...
  4. problemas para agregar un perfil en xbox one [problems adding a profile in xbox one]

in XBoX on Consoles
    problemas para agregar un perfil en xbox one [problems adding a profile in xbox one]: hola buenas tardes estoy tratando de agregar el perfil de mi mama en el Xbox para agregar un menor en una cuenta famliar ya realice los pasos que me indica el instructivo pero en el momento en...
  5. Adding my profile to the list of Microsoft Bingo errors

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding my profile to the list of Microsoft Bingo errors: When trying to connect to Microsoft Bingo on my Win 8.1 laptop I have gotten server maintenance notices. When trying to connect on my Win 10 phone, I get connection errors. When trying to...
  6. Error Adding Child Profile to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Adding Child Profile to Xbox 360: I'm trying to download and sign in with my sons child account on the Xbox 360. It downloads successfully but when I try to sign in I'm getting the following error: Your parents Microsoft account...
  7. Error Adding Child Xbox Live Profile to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Adding Child Xbox Live Profile to Xbox 360: Hi all, I'm trying to download and sign in with my sons child account on the Xbox 360. However although it downloads successfully I can't sign in. It contains the following error: Your parents...
  8. "[Guide] Adding/ removing profiles."

in XBoX on Consoles
    "[Guide] Adding/ removing profiles.": Adding Xbox profile on Xbox 360: To add another Xbox 360 profile press the guide button on your controller. Once you have pressed the guide button on your controller , click on "Download...
  9. Xbox original console - adding a profile offline

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox original console - adding a profile offline: Good day, I have an xbox original console (not a xbox 360 or xbox one; the 1st xbox to come out in 2001) and need to install a profile offline. Unfortunately, since xbox live ceased in 2006 I...
  10. My kid's profile does not appear on my menu though she was added as my family

in XBoX on Consoles
    My kid's profile does not appear on my menu though she was added as my family: i, my daughter is trying to play Minecraft pocket ed. online with her friends. so i've logged in to MS account to and added her to my family. but when i tried to set up her settings, her...