Adding Xbox-profile to MS-account

Discus and support Adding Xbox-profile to MS-account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello community! Today, I tried to setup Xbox-Live for my son, 12 years old. I had to register myself, which I did, and then I could setup the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by emtee79, Jul 31, 2019.

1. emtee79
    emtee79 Guest

Hello community!

Today, I tried to setup Xbox-Live for my son, 12 years old. I had to register myself, which I did, and then I could setup the MS-account.

Now, when I try to create an Xbox-profile in my son's account, I have to permit this by entering the mail address, which is connected to my own MS-account, and the password. So far so good, but after entering the password, a site opens which says that the
    URL is not available.

So, the status noe is as follows: I have an MS-account and an Xbox-profile, which I successfuly downloaded on our console. My son, so far, only has an MS-account, which belongs to the family group administrated by me (I guess), but no Xbox-profile.

Any help or hint is appreciated.

Thx!

P.S.: Please forgive bad spelling or grammar, English is not my native language.

:)

emtee79, Jul 31, 2019
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

You have to register a child account with another email account and set up your account as parent account
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Emtee79,

Thanks for keeping us updated. You have it set up correctly as of right now. You are the "Parent" account of any child accounts in your Microsoft family. Please note that any adult accounts added in the future can also manage the child account settings.

At this point, you need to add an Xbox profile to your sons account correct? You can do this by signing in to
    Xbox.com with your sons account to finish up the account creation. This should come right up after signing in, asking you to fill out information to complete the Xbox profile creation. Doing
    so would add a randomly generated gamertag to that account. You can change this later for free. Please note that you only get one free change, so make sure you have correct spelling and capitalization before claiming a new gamertag.

For further information regarding privacy and online settings, check this link out : Xbox One online safety
    and privacy settings for parents and kids

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.
  4. emtee79 Win User

Thanks for the quick answer!

When I'm on my account's page, I can see my family group which only consists of my son and myself. My son's account has its own email address. I'm listed as adult, my son as child. Doesn't this suffice? Or is there any way to officially declare myself as
    a parent? If so, I haven't found it yet.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Emtee,

Thanks for the update on the issue. When you go to "add new" on your console and enter your son's information what error do you get? If you continue to have issues you may want to create a totally new Microsoft account on the
    account website, for your son then try. This means to create a new email and then sign in on Xbox.com or sign in under the "add new" on the Xbox console. As the email you used for
    sons account, is connected to yours it may be best to create one unique for him.

To get to "add new" hit the guide button on controller( one with Xbox logo that lights up) go to far left icon and select add new.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. emtee79 Win User

Thanks for your help!

That is exactly the point where I cannot continue: I logged in on my son's account. There are some news on the page after signing in. When I click on the profile icon, I (i.e. my son) am asked to accept the legal stuff. When I continue, I (the parent) am
    asked to enter the email address of my MS-account to allow the creation of the profile. I do so and have to enter the password. I've been to this point quite often, but when I continue after entering the password, it says (in german) that the URL requested
    is not available.

I already tried to download my son's profile to our console since I thought that, maybe, it worked despite the error message. Sadly, it did not.

I tried on two devices: smartphone and laptop. No stationary PC in reach right now. However, both connect to the same router. Might this be some firewall issue? If so, I can retry in two days at my place. But I cannot mess around with the settings here.
Thema:

1. Adding Xbox-profile to MS-account - Similar Threads - Adding profile account

2. problemas para agregar un perfil en xbox one [problems adding a profile in xbox one]

in XBoX on Consoles
    problemas para agregar un perfil en xbox one [problems adding a profile in xbox one]: hola buenas tardes estoy tratando de agregar el perfil de mi mama en el Xbox para agregar un menor en una cuenta famliar ya realice los pasos que me indica el instructivo pero en el momento en...
  3. Adding my profile to the list of Microsoft Bingo errors

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding my profile to the list of Microsoft Bingo errors: When trying to connect to Microsoft Bingo on my Win 8.1 laptop I have gotten server maintenance notices. When trying to connect on my Win 10 phone, I get connection errors. When trying to...
  4. Error Adding Child Profile to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Adding Child Profile to Xbox 360: I'm trying to download and sign in with my sons child account on the Xbox 360. It downloads successfully but when I try to sign in I'm getting the following error: Your parents Microsoft account...
  5. Error Adding Child Xbox Live Profile to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Adding Child Xbox Live Profile to Xbox 360: Hi all, I'm trying to download and sign in with my sons child account on the Xbox 360. However although it downloads successfully I can't sign in. It contains the following error: Your parents...
  6. "[Guide] Adding/ removing profiles."

in XBoX on Consoles
    "[Guide] Adding/ removing profiles.": Adding Xbox profile on Xbox 360: To add another Xbox 360 profile press the guide button on your controller. Once you have pressed the guide button on your controller , click on "Download...
  7. Xbox original console - adding a profile offline

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox original console - adding a profile offline: Good day, I have an xbox original console (not a xbox 360 or xbox one; the 1st xbox to come out in 2001) and need to install a profile offline. Unfortunately, since xbox live ceased in 2006 I...
  8. My kid's profile does not appear on my menu though she was added as my family

in XBoX on Consoles
    My kid's profile does not appear on my menu though she was added as my family: i, my daughter is trying to play Minecraft pocket ed. online with her friends. so i've logged in to MS account to and added her to my family. but when i tried to set up her settings, her...
  9. Adding profile error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adding profile error: I am on day 3 of my Xbox One not working properly. I have been on contact with Chat support and have done all of the troubleshooting; holding the Xbox button on the console, unplugging every cord...
  10. Adding a profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adding a profile: Hello, So i just brought an Xbox one and I wanted to use my old profile form when I had an Xbox 360, so I went through the process of typing the email and password, which worked fine. The...