: Additional authentication needed

Discus and support : Additional authentication needed in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Additional authentication needed I cannot join or start a party and I've done everything suggested can any help with a solution???... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Wraxp ttv, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Wraxp ttv
    Wraxp ttv Guest

I cannot join or start a party and I've done everything suggested can any help with a solution???

:)

Wraxp ttv, Aug 18, 2019
  2. taidara Win User

Additional authentication needed???

Are you connecting your console to a hotspot, or a guest network at a hotel, which are secured by a captive portal (authentication web page)?

The second option require you to spoof the MAC address of an already associated/authenticated/authorized device and not the MAC address of whatever interface you're using to connect your Xbox (ethernet/wireless).

Also, make sure you're not concurrently connected with the current associated/authenticated/authorized device and your console, as they use the very same layer 2 identity.
  3. alvinmunawar Win User

Additional Authentication Needed

that didn't work either. any other tips
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello Jessicaah1lol,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you try to connect to your home network, but the console is providing you with an authentication error message. We suggest power cycling your console and network hardware. We will provide
    steps on how to complete this process. If this does not resolve the issue, we suggest going to your network settings and selecting disconnect wireless. Once you have disconnected your console from the network, you will need to establish the connection again
    by selecting set up wireless network. We need to make sure the SSID and password are entered correctly. Be sure to let us know the results!

How to power cycle your console and network hardware:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for five minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.
    2. Restart your Xbox One console:
    3. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center.
    4. Select Restart console.
    5. Select Restart.
      Note If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the
      Xbox
      button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the
      Xbox button on the console again to restart.
    6. After five minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
    7. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Kevin,

Every hardware device that connects to a network has an identifier code that is called a MAC address. This is how devices recognize each other because every device has a set and unique MAC address, unlike an IP address that cycles and changes periodically.

If I'm not mistaken the additional authentication required is your internet provider asking for your Xbox's MAC address to add it to the approved list of devices that your router allows to connect to. When you select the authenticate now button, it will
    not load the page since it's trying to load a secure site that your ISP would authenticate the MAC address by first signing in to your router settings.

We have seen higher instances of this happening with AT&T for some reason, but essentially you need to make sure with AT&T that your Xbox is not being MAC filtered out from your router.

Before contacting AT&T, I suggest troubleshooting the console's MAC address and see if makes the Xbox more discoverable. Go to Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear and then select Restart Now when prompted.

If that doesn't work, call AT&T and ask for assistance with making sure your Xbox is not being filtered out. The console's MAC address can be found under the Advanced settings so have that ready when contacting your provider.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Are you talking about WiFi authentication?
Thema:

1. : Additional authentication needed - Similar Threads - Additional authentication needed

2. Additional Authentication Needed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Additional Authentication Needed: Okay so, my brother and myself were playing fortnite and then both of us at the same time got kicked out the game. We thought our wifi was just acting up and we reset the xbox and router multiple...
  3. Additional Authentication Needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Additional Authentication Needed: So I have tried many of the troubleshoots on the different forums and have no luck. It happens to me about once a month and no matter what I try, none of them work and after a few days, it will...
  4. Xbox Live connection fail "Additional authentication needed'

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox Live connection fail "Additional authentication needed': Xbox Live connection fail "Additional authentication needed' Hiya Bird, Thank you for Contacting Forum support. I suggest to try a wired network and see if that allows the connection to work. If...
  5. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Additional authentication needed as if ...

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Additional authentication needed as if ...: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Additional authentication needed as if alternate mac Hi there, I made your post it's own thread so we could further assist. In this case what I...
  6. VirginMedia Superhub 2: Additional authentication needed

VirginMedia Superhub 2: Additional authentication needed: VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways) Superhub 2: Additional authentication needed If you are running into the "Additional authentication needed" error message or are running into error code...
  7. Connection Issues: “Additional authentication needed”

in XBoX Accessibility
    Connection Issues: “Additional authentication needed”: I turned on my XBOX ONE console today and found I wasn’t connected to XBOX Live. I went into my network settings and clicked (test network connection) and I was instantly faced with the message...
  8. Addition authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Addition authentication needed: hey I really need help with this one. So a week ago I was kicked off Xbox live and given the message additional authentication is needed and I have no idea what it means when I click authenticate...
  9. Additional authentication needed internet problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Additional authentication needed internet problem: need help, I go to type in my internet password and it comes up additional authentication needed and I've reset my xbox, clicked clear alternate wireless MAC address and resent much router 4 times...
  10. Additional Authentication Needed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Additional Authentication Needed?: Hi been having issues with this for the past 4 hours. Was in the middle of playing online (Overwatch) when suddenly cut out and wouldn't let me log in. I exited the game went back to xbox home to...