Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Filtering MAC address

Discus and support Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Filtering MAC address in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Filtering MAC address Check this link for a possible solution:... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by AssortedRat9296, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Filtering MAC address

AssortedRat9296, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: MAC address not working

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: MAC address not working
    I am in university and to connect to their wifi I need my MAC address. However, after ringing support at the university they have no solution. I am wondering if you can help me at all with this problem

EdgiestAutumn23, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Additional authentication needed as if alternate mac

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Additional authentication needed as if alternate mac
    Hi there,

I made your post it's own thread so we could further assist.

In this case what I would suggest to do is to Add your Console's MAC address to your router's authorized list. Here are the steps:

Step 1: Get your console's MAC address. Here's how:

1. On Xbox Home, navigate to the left until you reach Pins.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select Network.
    4. Select Advanced Settings.
    5. Write down your Wireless MAC address.

Step 2:Add your console's MAC address to your router's list of authorized MAC addresses.

Note: To change MAC filtering settings on your router, refer to your router documentation or the hardware manufacturer's website. If you change your router's MAC filtering settings,
    restart your router and
    Power Cycle
    your Xbox before trying to connect to Xbox Live.

Let us know if this helps

MrSleepyhead18, Aug 1, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

M3tal Daz3, Aug 1, 2018
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

6. DerVaddi Win User

Can't play Xbox Live "Teredo is unable to qualify" , "Can't get Teredo IP addresss" and "High Packet Loss" type errors

7. XBF Chris J Win User

filtrage par adresse mac [Edit - Translation] - mac address filtering

Hello Yousef,

Mac filtering is a setting accessed through your routers settings, and not through the Xbox settings.

Wireless routers can prevent unauthorized network access by using a feature called MAC filtering. Unfortunately, MAC filtering can also prevent your console from connecting to Xbox Live.

If MAC filtering is turned on, try one of the following:

• Add your Xbox One console's MAC address to your router's authorized list.
    • Or, turn off MAC filtering temporarily on your router to see if MAC filtering is preventing your console from connecting to Xbox Live.

You can find your consoles mac address in your network settings.

1. On Xbox Home, navigate to the left until you reach Pins.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select Network.
    4. Select Advanced Settings.
    5. Write down your Wireless MAC address.

Hope this helps!
  8. VibroPlex Win User

Xbox live not connecting anymore in hotel

Suggest you call the front desk and ask for their IT department. Then, give the MAC address to the IT department and ask them to whitelist that MAC addresse. The MAC addresse is obtained from the Xbox with Settings | System | Network | {name of wireless
    network} | Configure Network | Additional Settings | Advanced Settings | Alternate MAC Address | look on the left for the current MAC address.
  9. DominumStige Win User

MAC filtering

Hi!

It's strange that the router performs filters on MAC Address, except if it is not set. It may be that only the ports are not open on the router to the console IP. What problems are you having precisely?

In some cases, with the security option activated, the router can filter MAC Address in cases of incoming traffic anomaly.
Thema:

1. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Filtering MAC address - Similar Threads - Additional Network Ports

2. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Additional authentication needed as if ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Additional authentication needed as if ...: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Additional authentication needed as if alternate mac Hi there, I made your post it's own thread so we could further assist. In this case what I...
  3. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Changing router's security protocol

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Changing router's security protocol: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Changing router's security protocol Hi It's not unusual for some networks to block access to some websites / other networks (I know as I have had...
  4. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Why xbox

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Why xbox: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Why xbox Sorry to hear it. If the ability to boot someone is an in game feature allowed from team killing then you'll need to contact the devs to...
  5. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Sick of Xbox Live

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Sick of Xbox Live: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Sick of Xbox Live This was answered in your other thread. For future reference only one thread per issue is needed. Why xbox...
  6. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Club Activity Feeds are Experiencing Problems

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Club Activity Feeds are Experiencing Problems: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Club Activity Feeds are Experiencing Problems Are you still having the issue? 1c9d31d3-3adc-4631-a67d-c2d4700e0499
  7. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: xbox one banned Enforcement

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: xbox one banned Enforcement: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: xbox one banned Enforcement If you filed for a case review and the verdict was upheld there is nothing else you can do You are free to choose yet...
  8. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Packet loss

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Packet loss: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Packet loss All of my other devices stay connected but my xbox randomly drops? What is going on! 88eec974-a7f8-4953-8303-31e51c168e37
  9. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Help

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Help: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Help For billing issues you would need to contact xbox support: (800) 469-9269 if you're in the US/Canada or Contact Us | Xbox Support...
  10. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: HDMI Ethernet Channel support on Xbox One X?

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: HDMI Ethernet Channel support on Xbox One X?: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: HDMI Ethernet Channel support on Xbox One X? I do not believe it does. If this is a feature that you would like to see, let's have you leave...