Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: MY NAT TYPE KEEPS CHANGING TO STRICT AND I ...

Discus and support Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: MY NAT TYPE KEEPS CHANGING TO STRICT AND I ... in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: MY NAT TYPE KEEPS CHANGING TO STRICT AND I KEEP BEING KICKED FROM MY OWN PARTIES I've been using xbox... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by ExmortisT3A, Jan 28, 2018.

1. ExmortisT3A
    ExmortisT3A Guest

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: MY NAT TYPE KEEPS CHANGING TO STRICT AND I ...

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: MY NAT TYPE KEEPS CHANGING TO STRICT AND I KEEP BEING KICKED FROM MY OWN PARTIES
    I've been using xbox for so long and now it's completely broken for me. For starters everytime i'm talking to a friend online it randomly kicks me FROM MY OWN PARTY and constantly changes my NAT TYPE to STRICT. Whenever I have an open Nat Type on my xbox
    one I go play a game and instantly starts lagging for no reason and kicks me most of the time. I go to my network settings aftrer that and it automatically sets it to strict all the time, turning off my console doesnt help at all and no help from any support
    page helps becuase they're all the same and give literally no help on the problem. (IM ALSO GONNA STATE THIS, I CANNOT HAVE A WIRED CONNECTION WHERE I LIVE SO NO ETHERNET CORD WILL BE ABLE TO HELP, I LIVE UNDER NEATH THE ROUTER DOWNSTAIRS IN A THICK CONCRETE
    WALLED ROOM, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO PORT FORWARD THIS CONSOLE BECAUSE EVERYTIME I FOLLOW THE SUPPORT INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE XBOX PAGES IT CHANGES THE IP ADDRESS AND MAKES IT THAT I HAVE TO DELETE AND RE DO EVERY PORT FORWARD I DID LITERALLY MINUTES AGO, ALSO PORT
    FORWARDING DOESNT HELP WITH THE PARTY OR LAG PROBLEMS. If there's anyone out there who can help without being like "have you turned your router off and on again/ have you contacted their support lines" or "have you tried to use an Ethernet cord to enhance
    your experience" because none of those steps work.

:)

ExmortisT3A, Jan 28, 2018
  2. Super Hawke
    Super Hawke Guest
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Anything on ipv4 nat type being strict?

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Anything on ipv4 nat type being strict?
    im unable to party chat, play online,browse the net etc. but my xbox is online i try testing network an says cant connect to the internet.

Super Hawke, Jan 28, 2018
  3. nat problem strict

So I opened the ports you said. Most were open from when I did it for the 360. After opening a few of the other ones my NAT went to strict and stayed there. Doing the Multiplayer connection test then looking at the details didn't resolve the issue. My NAT
    Type status said something else when the ports were open. I forgot to write the exact phrasing down. Now I have no ports being forwarded and it is like it was before. NAT type is behind a Cone or whatever it says.

Still keep getting pushed to strict NAT. Doing the MP test sets it to open. Just know while playing a game and in party chat with my cousin I got kicked out of party chat and could not join. I checked the NAT status and it went to Strict. Did the test again
    and now it is Open. Very odd.

Crazygreekdude, Jan 28, 2018
  4. Bladefree17 Win User

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: NAT type STRICT

I would recommend that you follow the steps on this link and see if there will be improvements. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution.

There is a chance that you may need to contact your ISP(Internet Service Provider) if changes with your Network configuration or IP address needs to be changed. Be sure to follow the link above since it's tested and proven to work.

I hope all goes well for you. :)
  5. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Kicked off of multiplayer games, but not streaming services

I bet it's your nat type. My buddy used a university connection for a while and his nat was always strict. Streaming services are not dependent on NAT type as much as multiplayer gaming. Even if you find an ethernet connection it will not change your nat.
    To many people not enough ports.
  6. foxter55 Win User

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox one s

Did you try changing your NAT type? The helpdoc says:

Open:

With an OPEN NAT type, you’re able to chat with other people, as well as

join and host multiplayer games with people who have any NAT type on

their network

Moderate:
    With a MODERATE NAT type, you’re able to chat and play multiplayer games

with some people; however, you might not be able to hear or play with

others, and normally you won’t be chosen as the host of a match.

Strict:

With a STRICT NAT type, you’re only able to chat and play multiplayer

games with people who have an OPEN NAT type. You can’t be chosen as the

host of a match.

-- So I take that to mean if you have STRICT NAT, and if anyone in the group DOES NOT have an OPEN NAT type you are going to have problems.

Are you both running STRICT NAT type?
  7. XBF Chris J Win User

I cant un-mute my headset

Hey Dallas,

Thanks for keeping us updated. In order to check your nat type, you would just
    access your network settings
    on your console. Afterwards, choose "Test NAT type". Keep in mind that a strict or moderate NAT type will hinder your abilities to chat and join multiplayer games.

Hope this helps!
  8. M3tal Daz3 Win User

I keep disconnecting from games

Seems you are having issues with your NAT type. A strict NAT will cause you all sorts of issues with multiplayer gaming. Check the steps in this support page for an eventual solution:

support.xbox.com/.../nat-error-solution

Keep us posted!
Thema:

1. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: MY NAT TYPE KEEPS CHANGING TO STRICT AND I ... - Similar Threads - Additional Network Ports

2. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Additional authentication needed as if ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Additional authentication needed as if ...: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Additional authentication needed as if alternate mac Hi there, I made your post it's own thread so we could further assist. In this case what I...
  3. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Changing router's security protocol

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Changing router's security protocol: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Changing router's security protocol Hi It's not unusual for some networks to block access to some websites / other networks (I know as I have had...
  4. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Why xbox

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Why xbox: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Why xbox Sorry to hear it. If the ability to boot someone is an in game feature allowed from team killing then you'll need to contact the devs to...
  5. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Sick of Xbox Live

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Sick of Xbox Live: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Sick of Xbox Live This was answered in your other thread. For future reference only one thread per issue is needed. Why xbox...
  6. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Club Activity Feeds are Experiencing Problems

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Club Activity Feeds are Experiencing Problems: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Club Activity Feeds are Experiencing Problems Are you still having the issue? 1c9d31d3-3adc-4631-a67d-c2d4700e0499
  7. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: xbox one banned Enforcement

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: xbox one banned Enforcement: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: xbox one banned Enforcement If you filed for a case review and the verdict was upheld there is nothing else you can do You are free to choose yet...
  8. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Packet loss

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Packet loss: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Packet loss All of my other devices stay connected but my xbox randomly drops? What is going on! 88eec974-a7f8-4953-8303-31e51c168e37
  9. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Help

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Help: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Help For billing issues you would need to contact xbox support: (800) 469-9269 if you're in the US/Canada or Contact Us | Xbox Support...
  10. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: HDMI Ethernet Channel support on Xbox One X?

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: HDMI Ethernet Channel support on Xbox One X?: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: HDMI Ethernet Channel support on Xbox One X? I do not believe it does. If this is a feature that you would like to see, let's have you leave...