Administrator approval required

Discus and support Administrator approval required in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; On my pc every time I go to the Xbox store to buy certain games it says preparing 0%. The issue is the games require admin approval but idk how to do... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by King Fascinate, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Administrator approval required

On my pc every time I go to the Xbox store to buy certain games it says preparing 0%. The issue is the games require admin approval but idk how to do that

:)

King Fascinate, Aug 7, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Administrator Approval Required

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello SahithMallampati1, try to follow the procedure below.

Start > Run shell:AppsFolder to get to the dumb hidden app folder

pin Xbox to taskbar

hold shift+ctrl and click to run in admin mode

hit install on gamepass, but before running first time right click on icon and create desktop shortcut.

right click that to run as admin and should at least bring up the launcher, which worked for me at that point no issues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).
  3. Smwutches Win User

administration approval required for installation??

That game was removed from Game Pass recently. You'll need to purchase it if you want to continue playing it.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Administrator approval required for installation

Thank you for contacting us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

"Microsoft has released an update to fix this issue. To install the update, follow these steps:

Select the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Settings.

Select Update and Security > Check for Updates.

Select View optional updates, then select update KB5004476 from the list.

KB5004476

Select Download and Install.

When the update is complete, restart the device.

You should now be able to install, update and launch games.

Are you still in trouble?

Try deleting the Game Services registry keys and reinstalling the Game Services app on your Windows 10 device:

Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Windows PowerShell (Administrator).

From the Administrator: At the Windows PowerShell screen type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following commands and press Enter:

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

Restart the device.

Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Windows PowerShell (Administrator).

From the Administrator: At the Windows PowerShell screen type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the application on this page and select Yes when prompted for User Account Control (CCU).

Try installing or starting the game again."

The problem started with this error, and there are several other errors, I advise you to try.

microsoft original text:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/erro...
  5. ToriLynn1 Win User

Launch Blair Witch is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

That is what it says and as well it says about the admin approval. Just worried if i buy it, its still going to say that and i have no way of fixing it!
  6. ToriLynn1 Win User

Oh ok. But also it does say it needs admin approval so what happens if i purchase the game and it still says the same thing an will not open and run?
Thema:

Administrator approval required

1. Administrator approval required - Similar Threads - Administrator approval required

2. I cannot install any games that require "Administrator Approval" (XBox PC App) - Have tried...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install any games that require "Administrator Approval" (XBox PC App) - Have tried...: Hello, I have a brand new computer running Windows 10. This new computer has a fresh Windows 10 Pro installation and I have run all the updates for Windows. I cannot install any games that require...
  3. Xbox app wont let me install/play anything... Administrator approval required for installation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app wont let me install/play anything... Administrator approval required for installation: Just as the title says. I had previously connected my work email as a "school & work email" option, but that granted them a lot of permissions in my personal computer that I was not comfortable...
  4. Administrator approval required for installation

in XBoX on Windows
    Administrator approval required for installation: I'm experiencing trouble with installing "SnowRunner" on my Windows 10 PC. The download process fails at 100% with error code "0x80050007". I also noticed a new clause on the "SnowRunner"...
  5. Administrator approval required for installation?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Administrator approval required for installation?: I have Xbox Game Pass subscription on PC and i installed Pillars of eternity II. When i check the game in library i see the message that translates to: "Administrator approval required for...
  6. xbox administrator approval required to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox administrator approval required to install: So whenever I open the Xbox app on my pc and go on a game that I own, it says administrator approval required to install although I have admin on my pc account, I have a shortcut already. I don't...
  7. administrator approval required for installation. minimum os required: windows 10 may 2019...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    administrator approval required for installation. minimum os required: windows 10 may 2019...: I tried everything i saw on internet to resolve and no success. I'm really frustrated. e9367293-f8a1-45ef-97c5-f7e3a67ae51c
  8. administration approval required for installation??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    administration approval required for installation??: Hi, so i have been playing "Blair Witch" on my PC through XBOX ultimate game pass. I stopped playing and havent played in like a week or so. I just went to pull it up so that i could play again...
  9. Administrator approval required for installation

in XBoX on Windows
    Administrator approval required for installation: I'm experiencing trouble with installing "SnowRunner" on my Windows 10 PC. The download process fails at 100% with error code "0x80050007". I also noticed a new clause on the "SnowRunner"...
  10. I can't install any games that have "Administrator approval required for installation" on...

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't install any games that have "Administrator approval required for installation" on...: As title, I can't install any games that have "Administrator approval required for installation" on the download page. This is something that has changed recently as I did have a number of games...