Administrator permission required to download Games Pass game

Discus and support Administrator permission required to download Games Pass game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed Xbox app successfully, subscribed to Game Pass but cannot download MS Flight Simulator. Error code 0x00000001 stating that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Douglas King, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Douglas King
    Douglas King Guest

I have installed Xbox app successfully, subscribed to Game Pass but cannot download MS Flight Simulator. Error code 0x00000001 stating that Administrator approval is required. I am the administrator. I have tried restarting PC, deleting & re-installing Xbox (including running installation as administrator). Can you help ?

Intel 12th Gen i5-12600K

16GB RAM

1TB SSD

Gigabyte Geforce RTX 3050 8GB GPU

Windows 11 Home v10.0.22000 Build 22000

:)

Douglas King, Jul 3, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

no, I say to go in your windows, in the control panel, and in the account and add new profile. it will enter this profile when you start your windows creating a new desktop.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

there is a problem with the profile created on your windows.

test as follows, make a new profile, as test and see if you can install.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

hope you have a good afternoon
  5. Douglas King Win User

Hi again,

Just getting myself in a total mess. I tried to create a new Family Member with Organiser rights, sent & accepted invitation but it just went round in circles. I then switched to my wife's account (which has organiser privileges) anWhen d downloaded the Xbox app. I then signed into the Xbox acct using my details but again got error codes.

When you ask me to create a new profile, do you mean new 'Family Member' (or am creating a new user in the wrong place)?
  6. andersonpassos Win User

I wouldn't advise all this, the problem is not your account, it's the profile creating in windows, do the test as I told you, if it works, I advise you to create a new profile in your windows, even with the same account, no problem .
Thema:

1. Administrator permission required to download Games Pass game - Similar Threads - Administrator permission required

2. I cannot install any games that require "Administrator Approval" (XBox PC App) - Have tried...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install any games that require "Administrator Approval" (XBox PC App) - Have tried...: Hello, I have a brand new computer running Windows 10. This new computer has a fresh Windows 10 Pro installation and I have run all the updates for Windows. I cannot install any games that require...
  3. Administrator approval required

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Administrator approval required: On my pc every time I go to the Xbox store to buy certain games it says preparing 0%. The issue is the games require admin approval but idk how to do that 446e8a17-6f08-4b9a-9402-79739ec54ded
  4. Xbox app wont let me install/play anything... Administrator approval required for installation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app wont let me install/play anything... Administrator approval required for installation: Just as the title says. I had previously connected my work email as a "school & work email" option, but that granted them a lot of permissions in my personal computer that I was not comfortable...
  5. Xbox services app and administrator privileges.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox services app and administrator privileges.: I payed for a subscription I have not been able to use because the xbox app on my computer claims I am not the administrator and will not let me do anything. It says I need to install an extra...
  6. Administrator approval required for installation

in XBoX on Windows
    Administrator approval required for installation: I'm experiencing trouble with installing "SnowRunner" on my Windows 10 PC. The download process fails at 100% with error code "0x80050007". I also noticed a new clause on the "SnowRunner"...
  7. XGP 'Administrator Apprval required for installation' games issue

in XBoX on Windows
    XGP 'Administrator Apprval required for installation' games issue: I'm having issues installing most games on Windows 11 (also happens on Windows 10) that has the 'Administrator Approval required for installation.', as when i try clicking 'Install', it doesn't...
  8. Administrator approval required for installation?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Administrator approval required for installation?: I have Xbox Game Pass subscription on PC and i installed Pillars of eternity II. When i check the game in library i see the message that translates to: "Administrator approval required for...
  9. Administration problem dealing with third-party firewall, I want to use lan connection in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Administration problem dealing with third-party firewall, I want to use lan connection in...: Here's my situation: I want to play minecraft with my bro using the lan connection. However, we could not find each other's lan world when firewall turns on. I don't want to play minecraft while...
  10. cannot download games that require administrator permission (from store and xbox pc app)

in XBoX on Windows
    cannot download games that require administrator permission (from store and xbox pc app): I tried to run the xbox app as administrator but I keep getting the 0x80040154 error. Microsoft store same problem, it says "try again later something happened at our end". I have already reset...