After update Xbox One/Kinect Will not Turn of Soundbar

Discus and support After update Xbox One/Kinect Will not Turn of Soundbar in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Prior to the latest update my system would properly turn off my TV and Soundbar. After the update it will still turn off my TV, but not the soundbar,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChrisN22, Feb 23, 2014.

1. ChrisN22
    ChrisN22 Guest

Prior to the latest update my system would properly turn off my TV and Soundbar. After the update it will still turn off my TV, but not the soundbar, I have a Samsung HWF550. Any Advice?> Thanks!

:)

ChrisN22, Feb 23, 2014
  2. Cory777
    Cory777 Guest
    N1 soundbar not turning off.

I just got the N1 Soundbar from Polk. I've marked in the audio settings for the xbox to turn off my soundbar and have the proper soundbar chosen. The problem is that when I turn the xbox off it doesn't not turn the soundbar off. It will turn it off when
    I turn the console back on though. I've turned the soundbar off manually after turning the xbox off, and it will turn the soundbar back on, but it will not turn it off.

Cory777, Feb 23, 2014
  3. Xbox Mute needs to be sent twice to Samsung HW E350

I'm experiencing the same problem after the update, my Xbox One no longer turns on or off my HW-F450 soundbar. Hope its fixed soon.

GlacialFlames, Feb 23, 2014
  4. After update Xbox One/Kinect Will not Turn of Soundbar

I am also having the same issue with a Samsung HWE450. I tried to reconfigure but nothing.

xCpt Kenpachix, Feb 23, 2014
  5. ChrisN22
    ChrisN22 Guest
    I did the same. I've reconfigured 2-3 times over.

ChrisN22, Feb 23, 2014
  6. A lot of us with Samsung soundbars are having the same problem in this topic:

forums.xbox.com/.../1685396.aspx

A Microsoft support team member posted they are researching the issue. Believe me I have tried everything. This is definitely a software problem as a result of the update that Microsoft needs to fix. I reported the issue to Microsoft's Twitter support page
    as well.

Thundercleetz, Feb 24, 2014
  7. ChrisN22
    ChrisN22 Guest
    Thanks for pointing me to the thread!

ChrisN22, Feb 24, 2014
  8. After update Xbox One/Kinect Will not Turn of Soundbar

Same here, I have the Samsung HWF450 hooked up to the Samsun 65" LED TV and noticed that it does not turn on or off with the Xbox "On" or "Off" Command since the update as well. I thought by re-doing all the functions of inputting my TV, Cable Box, and
    Audio Bar would work, but it still doesnt. It worked prior to the update.

DJEclips32003, Feb 26, 2014
  9. I'm really thinking this is a remote code issue where the update caused a glitch where Kinect will not send a power toggle IR signal to certain Samsung remote codes. That's why some TVs are affected as well.

Thundercleetz, Feb 26, 2014
  10. Xaotiq
    Xaotiq Guest
    Opposite for me. Same model and after the last update it will not turn on. It does turn off though... Sigh.

Xaotiq, Feb 27, 2014
  11. Your soundbar is probably turning off via HDMI-CEC (Samsung calls it Anynet+) and not an IR signal from Kinect.

Thundercleetz, Feb 27, 2014
  12. I believe it is fixed now (with the latest build I got today), anyone elses issue fixed too?

xCpt Kenpachix, Mar 2, 2014
  13. After update Xbox One/Kinect Will not Turn of Soundbar

Yes the update fixed the issue for me as well.

Thundercleetz, Oct 31, 2018
  14. Thundercleetz Win User

Yes the update fixed the issue for me as well.
  15. Thundercleetz Win User

Your soundbar is probably turning off via HDMI-CEC (Samsung calls it Anynet+) and not an IR signal from Kinect.
  16. Thundercleetz Win User

I'm really thinking this is a remote code issue where the update caused a glitch where Kinect will not send a power toggle IR signal to certain Samsung remote codes. That's why some TVs are affected as well.
  17. xCpt Kenpachix Win User

I believe it is fixed now (with the latest build I got today), anyone elses issue fixed too?
  18. ChrisN22 Win User

I did the same. I've reconfigured 2-3 times over.
Thema:

1. After update Xbox One/Kinect Will not Turn of Soundbar - Similar Threads - update Kinect Turn

2. Xbox360 system update done - Kinect Sensor no longer works and showing Error Code C00000C2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 system update done - Kinect Sensor no longer works and showing Error Code C00000C2: We performed the latest Xbox360 system update here in June 2020, and after updating, our Kinect Sensor is no longer working and showing Error code C00000C2. Any attempt to troubleshoot it by...
  3. how can i update my kinect on my pc???

in XBoX on Windows
    how can i update my kinect on my pc???: just broke out my son 360 and kinet will not update so i tried to do it with pc cant find driver....xbox NUI motor dont have driver 24c9daa3-98fb-4bea-b5c1-a8d1c1f8f801
  4. Problem with Kinect Sensor on Xbox 360 , after system update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Kinect Sensor on Xbox 360 , after system update: Hello everyone, today I downloaded the latest system update for my xbox 360, and after that, every time i start a game, the kinect sensor stops working. If i quit the game, the kinect works fine...
  5. October 2019 update broke the Kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    October 2019 update broke the Kinect: Kinect no longer powers on with the Xbox One X as of the October update. I have to physically unplug the USB cable and plug it back in. Its not the Kinect nor the USB adapter as I have a spare...
  6. ERROR: Latest XB1 update 7/8/2019 10.0.18362.5047 now my 2 xbox dont turn on my 2 kinect !

in XBoX on Consoles
    ERROR: Latest XB1 update 7/8/2019 10.0.18362.5047 now my 2 xbox dont turn on my 2 kinect !: I have an XB1 X and XB1 S with kinect and after the update of 7/08/2019 10.0.18362.5047 when i turn on my 2 xbox they dont turn on the kinect. I have to everytime : --------------------------...
  7. Updating the Kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Updating the Kinect: At my work we have a kinect and it won't allow us to play unless it's been updated. There currently is no connection to the internet. How do we go about this? 65a520d2-ce6a-4c9a-ad58-79e67f15f2a5
  8. Kinect keeps turning off and on after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect keeps turning off and on after update: my xbox one day one editions kinect keeps turning off and on after the update and Microsoft is trying to tell me i have to pay to have it fixed when this is a problem after they did a software...
  9. Kinect keeps turning off or won't start after last update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect keeps turning off or won't start after last update: Hi All, For some reason after the last Xbox One update my Kinect will not turn on automatically all the time. I have to go through and power off completely and reset the Kinect to get it to work....
  10. Kinect works fine for 10-20 mins then turns off, this update messed it up. (preview program) ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect works fine for 10-20 mins then turns off, this update messed it up. (preview program) ...: after installing the new preview update. The Kinect is working absolutely fine, after a while (10-20 minutes) it just turns off, all the lights go out, and I get the icon in the top right...