After updating Gaming services, Skyrim files disappear but still listed on start menu

Discus and support After updating Gaming services, Skyrim files disappear but still listed on start menu in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After I was forced to download and update gaming services Skyrim fails to be able to be playable, getting an error saying it couldn't play because the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by chadhannan, Jan 12, 2022.

1. chadhannan
    chadhannan Guest

After updating Gaming services, Skyrim files disappear but still listed on start menu

After I was forced to download and update gaming services Skyrim fails to be able to be playable, getting an error saying it couldn't play because the app was offline. I cant uninstall the game, there are no files for me to find on my PC so I can find the installer program and when you right click the app in the start menu and click uninstall nothing happens. Ive tried reinstalling the game but the game wont download, I just keep getting an error code, 0x80070424, when i found the how to fix this issue nothing changed, ive looked at other forum piece with ppl with similar issues and did all the things ppl had them do and still nothing.

:)

chadhannan, Jan 12, 2022
  2. dlCHIEF58 Win User

Skyrim Kinect voice commands

3. IxAMxSNIPERFROG Win User

SAVES!

Also, after you see the last save on your list, press down again. I've noticed that the oldest save has a tendency to disappear off the list, but still be accessible. Other than that, your save files might have somehow been corrupted and lost. That's
    a bummer.
  4. Drunk Texter Win User

So, agreed?

i got it on my x1, i try picking a game mode and it starts searching and loading or whatever and then goes away and your still at the game mode menu, started happening after the last update
  5. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Xbox Game Bar and Xbox(Beta) applications are unable to join to a voice chat

Hi JesusRH,

sorry to hear. In your case I will recommend first to check the system files!! Windows provides its own tool, System File Checker (SFC), for this purpose, which you can run from the command prompt if you have administrator privileges.

1. Go to Windows Search from the Start menu (Windows icon).
    2. Type "cmd" and then right-click on the entry "Prompt".
    3. Select the "Run as Administrator" menu item.
    4. Now insert the following command line into the command line: sfc /scannow
    5. Confirm your entry by pressing Enter to start the verification process. Leave the command prompt window open until the check is complete and SFC has notified you of the results.

If this is all fine, here are some more tips that might solve your problem:

• Check first if there are issues in your Region with the Live Service
    • Make sure Windows has the latest update: Select
      check for updates now, and then select Check for updates. Or, select the Start button, then select Settings/Update & Security/Windows Update/Check for Updates. If there is an available update, select Install
      now.
    • Check also if there are Updates pending in the Store APP: Select the Start
      button, and then from the apps list, select Microsoft Store. In Microsoft Store, select See more/Downloads and updates/Get updates. (Most XBOX Service are updated via the Store App)
    • Check if all 4 XBOX Services and the 2 gaming service are running (via taskmanager).
    • Select the Start button, and then select Settings/APPs/Apps & Features/
      and then from the list select XBOX (Beta) app/Options and choose reset/repair. Same at the Gaming Services!!!
    • Reset your Modem & Router by switching OFF and ON
    • Read also
      Is the Xbox Live server connection blocked on Windows 10
      ??

I hope this helps and please keep us informed
  6. TROLLFINN Win User

Partial downloads

Thanks. Also to add: I right clicked the game from the start menu and "uninstall". This only made it disappear from the start menu.
Thema:

1. After updating Gaming services, Skyrim files disappear but still listed on start menu - Similar Threads - updating Gaming services

2. I cant update the game services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant update the game services: Hi! I am having a problem updating the game services, when i try to update them I get the following error: "There was an unexpected problem, error code 0x00000000" I am desperate to fix this!...
  3. Can not update Gaming Service

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not update Gaming Service: [img] I am currently unable to update gaming service through the Microsoft store which is preventing me from playing games like halo infinite. When I click on one of the affected games it takes...
  4. Gaming Services will not update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services will not update: I have been playing Halo Infinite Multiplayer on my PC through steam. Now that the campaign is out I am trying to download the version through the xbox app on my PC. I own it through GamePass...
  5. Sent to windows store to install game services but given no option to install or update

in XBoX on Windows
    Sent to windows store to install game services but given no option to install or update: Everytime i try to launch a game from xbox i get sent to the windows store page for game services, except there is no option to install or update it. Ive tried restarting my computer, using...
  6. Cant Update Gaming Services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant Update Gaming Services: Im trying to update gaming services so i can install games and when it go into Microsoft store app it says theres a problem on "our end" aka MS's side. Ive uninstalled the app and even the newest...
  7. Gaming Services and Forza Horizon 5 stuck in Pending Update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services and Forza Horizon 5 stuck in Pending Update: I've tried every solution I could find. Forza Horizon 5 is stuck as "queued 47%" after repairing and reseting the app. When I open the Microsoft Store, it shows "Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition"...
  8. gaming services wont update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gaming services wont update: my circumstances -im on xbox for windows -im trying to play though the xbox app on PC -on latest windows 10 version -have tried: apptemping to update gaming services, repairing and resetting...
  9. Xbox on PC: Gaming Services bug back again after last update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox on PC: Gaming Services bug back again after last update: In June many players had this strange bug with no game starts, installation impossible, an redirection to the MS-Store for an "Gaming Services"-app. A Windows-update (KB5004476) solved this...
  10. Can't update games from microsoft store because gaming services is having an install error

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't update games from microsoft store because gaming services is having an install error: Hi, I can't update any game that comes from the xbox app, or microsoft store because "gaming services" needs an update but encounters an error when trying to install. now mans sky just had a...