After XBOX One reset, i am not able to restart the console

Discus and support After XBOX One reset, i am not able to restart the console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i was having problems with my XBOX One recently ; problems such as 1) Not able to use Media Player 2) not able to use/launch Netflix 3) Not able to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JimmyAugustine, Jan 4, 2020.

1. After XBOX One reset, i am not able to restart the console

i was having problems with my XBOX One recently ; problems such as

1) Not able to use Media Player

2) not able to use/launch Netflix

3) Not able to buy/download new games (that are available to me as I am a gold member )

etc..

so I decided to reset my console (with save data and game option)

But it said something went wrong during the reset process. After this i am not able to bring the console up. It shows up the xbox green log, after that it goes to/flashes between a black/slight grey screen . at some point, i am able to see a flash of a screen
    which says Let's go!! but it is not going anywhere from there

I am not able to get any one help from Microsoft as all the options I have selected says no online/live chat available!!

really frustrated--any help please

:)

JimmyAugustine, Jan 4, 2020
  2. JimmyAugustine Win User

Hi

Thanks. I followed this link and was able to restore to factory settings. However I noticed that file linked to Restore Factory Defaults is not a valid
    file. *it says something went wrong) so I did bit of further digging and found the below correct link to download the file.

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

thank you for your help

while logging back in, it asked me that do you want to use the previous xbox settings for which I said yes. I don't seem to lose any game data at all!!! all i have to do is to reinstall all the applications and games and everything was there as before

all the apps started working as expected (eg. Netflix).

Media player says no device found - so may have to retry that again
  3. JimmyAugustine Win User

Hello, I will try to help you. Did you try to make a clear cache? When your console is on, press the ignition button on the console's facade until it goes off. Once turned off, wait 1 minute and restart the console. At this point this is the only
    solution I see
    thank you!

i can't see anything on the screen so i am not able clear cache - thank you for your time
  4. Sayann X Win User

Hello, I will try to help you. Did you try to make a clear cache? When your console is on, press the ignition button on the console's facade until it goes off. Once turned off, wait 1 minute and restart the console. At this point this is the only solution
    I see
  5. JimmyAugustine Win User

thanks you !i can't see anything on the screen as it just flashing between black and grey screen. but I'll see if i can follow rest of the instructions

thank you so much for your time
  6. Wackieracer Win User

I am glad you, received the help you needed, that is what we are all here for, to keep you gaming and enjoying all xbox has to offer:)
Thema:

1. After XBOX One reset, i am not able to restart the console - Similar Threads - reset able restart

2. I want to reset my home Xbox changes

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to reset my home Xbox changes: I want to rest my home xbox switches 3972b0b0-272c-48f3-8b12-9acfe7ee18dd
  3. Xbox one won’t factory reset (keep games and apps option) any input? Was able to do it...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one won’t factory reset (keep games and apps option) any input? Was able to do it...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Bighartboy [link] [comments]
  4. I’m not able to factory reset my Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m not able to factory reset my Xbox: Hi so my xbox one got the e105 error so i looked into it and how to fix it and the main thing i could see is factory reset it so i tried to do that and the xbox said ‘preparing console’ and then...
  5. If I reset my Xbox will I be able to download all the games that I bought online for free?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I reset my Xbox will I be able to download all the games that I bought online for free?: If I reset my Xbox will I be able to download all the games that I bought online and not have to pay for them? 7550f375-94e2-4b46-875d-782c863fc096
  6. Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset...: As It says in the title, I had a Microsoft account but lost my phone containing the two-step authentication. This prompted me to have to recover the account as shown to me on the prompts on my...
  7. Gamerscore reset for no reason and Im not able to reachieve them.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamerscore reset for no reason and Im not able to reachieve them.: My gamerscore for my Xbox Live account was reset and I don't know why. I've never cheated or hacked or anything so I would like to at least be able to reachieve them. My Xbox gamertag is ....
  8. I need to reset my home Xbox because I need to be able to play offline

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to reset my home Xbox because I need to be able to play offline: I did not the new update was changing the home Xbox thing. I need to be able to play the game offline because I'm on a phone hotspot. 23a5a343-aa42-4d30-83d0-85e631f9077c
  9. I am able to have my home xbox 3 tries reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am able to have my home xbox 3 tries reset: I have no more attempts to change my home xbox and i really need to 5893774a-5d1f-49cd-a85d-c5dfadf43790
  10. Is there anyone who knows anything about not being able to reset their account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyone who knows anything about not being able to reset their account?: basically Xbox is telling me I have to start a new account since they can't verify that I'm me. So now I have to start a new account? Lose my gamerscore and start over? Even though the information...