Again: Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity

Discus and support Again: Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Earlier today I asked a question here: Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity and I got an answer was marked as an answer and the topic... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Matheus Willder, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Again: Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity

Earlier today I asked a question here:
    Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity
    and I got an answer was marked as an answer and the topic was locked, but it does not answer the question.

I know there are serious moderators here. Please see the topic that has been locked and please reopen it or reply here. As I said there, the main question is: Why is the gamertag still active even after so long since the account has been closed?

Sorry to create another topic with the same question, but the other one was locked without me even seeing the answer and I don't want to leave here without a satisfactory answer.

:)

Matheus Willder, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Please refrain from creating duplicate threads.

No one here can say exactly why it hasn't been released. The 5 year policy you mentioned in your previous thread started in 2016 (which means the 5 years would be 2021) and was changed on August 20, 2019 to 2 years if the person does not sign into their
    Microsoft account within 2 years (still 2021). So if the system is going to free it up based on the terms of service, it won't be freed up until next year, but as stated in your original post, it would not be possible to change your tag to that one anymore
    since it is over 12 characters.
  3. killerkaesar Win User

360-Can I add old profile info to new profile on new console?

Xbox accounts that remain inactive after 5 years are not recoverable, if there is not activity in that time the account will be deleted
  4. HomegrownSilky Win User

Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity

You wouldn't be able to use that as a gamertag anymore because it exceeds the new 12 character limit for gamertags.
  5. killerkaesar Win User

360-Can I add old profile info to new profile on new console?

Xbox accounts that remain inactive after 5 years are not recoverable, if there is not activity in that time the account will be deleted
    Also there is no way to combine the achievements of both accounts.
  6. bowski477 Win User

Gamer tag

Unfortunately you cannot request the gamertag if it is already in use. However the user is required to sign in once every 5 years for the account to remain active. If they do not it may become available in the future. Remember that there are other MS services
    that use MS accounts and gamertags. So just because it's not active on Xbox does not mean it is inactive.
Thema:

1. Again: Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity - Similar Threads - Again Gamertag remains

2. HACKER NEEDED i'm waiting 2 years to use again my GamerTag that is still linked with old...

in XBoX Accessibility
    HACKER NEEDED i'm waiting 2 years to use again my GamerTag that is still linked with old...: Hi, I just want to use again my GamerTag. about two years ago I deleted my "old microsoft account" believing that my GamerTag will be still available to use after 60 or 90 days when microsoft...
  3. When will Xbox release inactive account gamertags out again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Xbox release inactive account gamertags out again?: I know they recycled more than 1 million gamertag including OGS and 2016. ea860d2d-9bb9-48ee-abfa-ad8a8aeef14e
  4. My Gamertag was changed and I would like to change it again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamertag was changed and I would like to change it again.: Split from this thread. just now my nickname was unmovably changed from Pioterson892 nextPepper67060 I would be very grateful for the possibility of re-changing nickname...
  5. "An error has occurred. Please try again." message appeared while changing Xbox Gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    "An error has occurred. Please try again." message appeared while changing Xbox Gamertag: How to fix this error? I can't change it. 40b7e2cd-c0b9-42e1-a7dd-bd27be6877cc
  6. When will gamertag recycling occur again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will gamertag recycling occur again?: I know this occurred about 2 years ago, but I didn’t get the chance, but I believe this should be a annualy thing. 21f7f8ff-914c-4a7f-8c3d-613426bc511f
  7. My Gamertag was banned for being “Offensive” and now I have to repay to change it again?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamertag was banned for being “Offensive” and now I have to repay to change it again?: I’ve had the gamertag “Reptard” for about 6 years, and it was just recently banned due to it having “****” in the name. I can see where Microsoft is coming from with banning the name, it’s...
  8. My Gamertag was banned for being “Offensive” and now I have to repay to change it again?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamertag was banned for being “Offensive” and now I have to repay to change it again?: I’ve had the gamertag “Reptard” for about 6 years, and it was just recently banned due to it having “****” in the name. I can see where Microsoft is coming from with banning the name, it’s...
  9. Paid Gamertag, Typo, Now I have to pay again?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Paid Gamertag, Typo, Now I have to pay again?: I changed my gamertag a couple days ago, signed in today to see I made an embarrassing typo (my fat fingers did "I" instead of "Y" in Krypton). I talked to chat, and they said I have to pay...
  10. Can't change my Gamertag again!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change my Gamertag again!: I already have changed my Gamertag for free. And now I will change my Gamertag again but I don't know how much it will cost for me and I become an error since 2015 whenn I go to Melden Sie sich...