Age of Empires 3 won't start after upgrade was terminated

Discus and support Age of Empires 3 won't start after upgrade was terminated in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have stared Age of Empires 3 on my Windows 10 machine . It had started to download upgrade. I have paused download and closed the game window.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GennaReingold, May 26, 2022.

1. Age of Empires 3 won't start after upgrade was terminated

Hi,

I have stared Age of Empires 3 on my Windows 10 machine . It had started to download upgrade. I have paused download and closed the game window. When I tried to start it again it opens Microsoft Store window instead. I tried "Repair" and "Restore" options and now it does not start at all ( i.e. not even Store window )

How can I fix it - I'm happy to reinstall, I just not sure how to

:)

GennaReingold, May 26, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, GennaReingold. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Is Age of Empires showing on Start > Settings > Apps? If so, you can try to uninstall it from there.

After uninstalling it, try reinstalling the Gaming services:

- Go to Start > Search for PowerShell > Right Click > Run as Administrator.

- In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

- In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Also, please do these steps:

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking > Fix it.

- Restart your computer. Open the Microsoft Store again and sign in to your account. Open the Xbox App and make sure you are signed in too.

- Try to download, install and play Age of Empires III again. Let me know how it goes.
  3. Gamefreak9590 Win User

help finding a game

anno and age of empires 2 are the closest i've seen so far, is age of empires 3-4 basically the same as 2 or no?
  4. DietrichGoerg Win User

Minecraft Beta doesn't start after Windows 10 fall creators update

Hi,

the problem has resolved.

Steam was installed to play Age of Empires HD.

It seems Steam effects XBox Life in a way that Minecraft Beta can't start.

After deinstallation of Age of Empires HD and Steam I reinstalled Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and

everything is perfect.

Dietrich
  5. ChainSmokingBob Win User

Why HALO 4 is a joke.

Age of Empires 1 I didn't really get into enough to like.

Age of Empires 2 I consider one of the best games of all time.

Age of Mythology and Age of Empires 3 were substandard?

Now, I may have disagreed somewhat with that but....

"Halo Wars is PERFECT"?

WHAT?
  6. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

Your favorite RTS

Age Of Empires 3 on PC.
Thema:

1. Age of Empires 3 won't start after upgrade was terminated - Similar Threads - Age Empires won't

2. Whats your rank in Age of Empire 4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whats your rank in Age of Empire 4?: My rank is Silver, anyone want to make a practice match with me? PM your account. 9702c5ce-5fb2-43e5-9ddf-ebcda585a777
  3. Ladder page of Age of Empire IV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ladder page of Age of Empire IV: Where can I see the top ranked gamer of AoE 4? Any good youtube channel about this game, please share. 7fe3842f-5f97-4a23-b576-5d285de9f456
  4. Syncing issue with Age of Empires

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Syncing issue with Age of Empires: Age of Empires11 definitive edition was working fine and about a week ago it started having Syncing issues. The message "Syncing Data" keeps repeating but nothing happens. I would appreciate any...
  5. Is Age of Empires Definitive Edition Multiplayer functionality down?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Age of Empires Definitive Edition Multiplayer functionality down?: [img] As you can see, the Multiplayer link is disabled. This just happened today. 68c19e26-4960-44d1-b013-d57be2a96c8d
  6. Age of Empires IV won't play or verify

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires IV won't play or verify: I am on a Windows 10 PC and am trying to play AoE4 through the xbox PC game pass. I have been able to play it but when I reboot my PC it starts giving me errors (I dual boot with Ubuntu in case...
  7. Age of Empires III: Definitive edition won't go past the splash screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Age of Empires III: Definitive edition won't go past the splash screen: The Title says it all. I recently downloaded AOE3 on xbox game pass on my Windows 10. And when i try to turn it on the only the thing that happens is the splash screen appears and nothing else....
  8. Game won't connect to XBox Live - Age Of Empires - Definitive Edition

in XBoX on Windows
    Game won't connect to XBox Live - Age Of Empires - Definitive Edition: Got the game Age of Empires - Definitive Edition - Installed without issues. When I start the game, I cannot open any of the menus. I just says: "Please wait another moment. We are not quite...
  9. Age of Empires III Definitive Edition won't start after Windows 10 Pro update to 20H2

in XBoX on Windows
    Age of Empires III Definitive Edition won't start after Windows 10 Pro update to 20H2: After upgrade to Windows 10 20H2, Age of Empires III Definitive Edition won't start anymore. I have 3 PCs on which I have AOE III DE installed, and I have the same issue on all 3 PCs. I tried,...
  10. Age of Empires 2 won't download

in XBoX on Windows
    Age of Empires 2 won't download: I have purchased a Activation Key for Age of Empires 2. The key has been accepted and Microsoft Store says that I have purchased it but when I try to download/Install the game to my PC it asks for...