Age of Empires II has disappeared from my computer

Discus and support Age of Empires II has disappeared from my computer in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The PC game Age of Empires II that I have downloaded keeps disappearing from my computer. Twice since 11/25. Only one file (AOE URL Helper) is the only... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DawnStickney, Dec 5, 2021.

1. DawnStickney
    DawnStickney Guest

The PC game Age of Empires II that I have downloaded keeps disappearing from my computer. Twice since 11/25. Only one file (AOE URL Helper) is the only thing that remains. Why is this happening? It sucks to have to uninstall and reinstall when I want to play it. I may have to get a refund if this cannot be resolved to my satisfaction.

:)

DawnStickney, Dec 5, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Age of Empires II keeps disappearing on my computer

I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  3. DawnStickney Win User

I uninstall the game and then I can't reinstall it from that stupid Xbox app. Stalls on 'Preparing' for 10 minutes, then says 'Error'. I'm tired of this.
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Dawn welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. What do you mean by disappearing? Does it keep uninstalling? If so, this could be due to an app glitch! So, I suggest uninstalling the app completely! Everytime that it tried to give me a hard time I do this and it works wonders! Here are the steps!

https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/windows/remo...

NOTE: This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
  5. MrHerko Win User

Xbox (Beta) Slow download speeds

Well doing more testing i tried updating Age of empire II from the Xbox (Beta) and i was downloading at 50mb/s. I do have a windows firewall but if I'm able to update Age of empire II at 50 mb/s that should affect downloading Ori.
  6. Mafivee Win User

help finding a game

Age of Empires II is an outstanding game.
Thema:

1. Age of Empires II has disappeared from my computer - Similar Threads - Age Empires has

2. Unable to install Age of Empires 2 definitive edition on my D drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install Age of Empires 2 definitive edition on my D drive: I've been trying to move AOE 2 DE from the C drive to the D, because I have 70 gb in C but 130 in D. Since I'm looking forward to buying AOE 4, I wanted to check if I could install a game in the...
  3. Age of EMpires

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of EMpires: I just bought a XBOX. It has been 5 years, maybe more since I owned one. I am interested in playing the new Age of Empires but I cannot find it on the XBOX. I know it exists-...
  4. Age of Empires IV Game Pass - 0x803F8001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires IV Game Pass - 0x803F8001: Having previously been a Steam user I decided to trial Xbox on PC and Game Pass for AoE IV. I consistently get the following error message when trying to play the game: "Age of Empires IV is...
  5. Age of Empires IV Crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires IV Crashing: I haven't been able to play the game recently. I have tried to uninstall the game, repair the game using the settings for apps, I have tried moving it and have yet to get it past the blue loading...
  6. Age of Empires IV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires IV: When i open up the game it gives me 0x803F8001 error. Sometimes it also says that I cannot play the game bacause i dont have the license. d4fcb04d-4b4c-4e98-89c5-abcfd85f362f
  7. Can we get more real time strategy games on next gen, I mean wasn't age of Empires made by...

in XboX Insiders
    Can we get more real time strategy games on next gen, I mean wasn't age of Empires made by...: Just wondering really Age of Empires 4 is developed by Xbox game studio's so why isn't available on console's, they're pretty powerful right and who knows maybe bring the Total War franchise to...
  8. How do I remove unneeded video files from Age of Empires IV (4) PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I remove unneeded video files from Age of Empires IV (4) PC: I have it installed through the Windows Store/PC Xbox App So I just saved 30+ gb of space on my SSD by removing the 4k Video Addon. In File Path C:\Program...
  9. AGE OF EMPIRES THE CONQUERORS VERSION 1.0

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AGE OF EMPIRES THE CONQUERORS VERSION 1.0: Months ago, i used to play Age of empires the conqueros version 1.0 on GameRanger. The thing is that suddenly, one day it just stopped working. What i can play, is version 1.5 or 1.0c without any...
  10. Age of Empires Definitive Edition - updated and now has sync error for multiplayer games

in XBoX on Windows
    Age of Empires Definitive Edition - updated and now has sync error for multiplayer games: Since AOE definitive edition recently automatically reinstalled/updated a sync error comes while playing multiplayer game. It has happened several times around 1 hour into the game. This causes...