All controllers double input and left scroll on menu

Discus and support All controllers double input and left scroll on menu in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I suspect the issue i have is to do with my xbox rather than the controllers themselves as it occurs on 3 different controllers, one of which is brand... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JSmitheu, Oct 5, 2018.

1. JSmitheu
    JSmitheu Guest

I suspect the issue i have is to do with my xbox rather than the controllers themselves as it occurs on 3 different controllers, one of which is brand new.

I can use my Xbox one app to control my xbox no problem but when i use a controller all button presses including ABXY are input twice.

On top of this when i press the home button the menu scrolls all the way left to my profile and wont allow me to scroll the other way.

All controllers have up to date firmware as i have used my Xbox app to navigate to controller settings before turning each on to check.

I have also tried suggestions for similar problems people have had such as clearing Mac address and Persistent Storage but the problem remains.

If anyone can be of help it would be greatly appreciated, if not ill have to assume its time for my Xbox one to join my Red ringed 360's in the box of once useful junk.

Thanks

:)

JSmitheu, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Andrew_F90
    Andrew_F90 Guest
    Xbox one not opening anything to do with network.

Your having trouble signing in Studdly? To access the left menu from the Home Screen all you have to do is press the left stick to the left or press left on the D-pad. Also double tapping the Home button on your controller while on the home screen brings
    up the left menu as well.

Andrew_F90, Oct 5, 2018
  3. MrGamexWatch
    MrGamexWatch Guest
    Xbox Dashboard Scrolls left without Controller

My Xbox One S started to scroll left. I thought it was my controller so I switched controllers. Same issue. Then I hard reset my Xbox by holding down the power button for 10 seconds and then unplugging the power cable for 5 mins. After plugging it back
    in and turning on, the problem still occurred. I then scrolled all the way right and took out the batteries to my controller. The screen kept scrolling left. So it is definitely not the controllers. There is no possible way to navigate any menus because
    the it keeps going left. I can't go to setting to restore my Xbox or even turn it off from the menu.

MrGamexWatch, Oct 5, 2018
  4. All controllers double input and left scroll on menu

Hell JSmitheu, you already seem proficient in troubleshooting and navagating the system settings. I havn’t seen if you have tried a resync of each controller to the console.

Also, does this happen if they are plugged in via USB? I would try that and then double check (again) for any more controller updates while plugged in.

coco meat train, Oct 5, 2018
  5. XBF Lance J
    XBF Lance J Guest
    Hey JSmitheu,

It does seems like something is going on with the console, we suggest you try a

Factory Reset
    by doing the following:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console.
    Make sure to select the option that allows you to "Keep Your Games and Apps."

(You will also need to know your email and password in order to sign back in afterwards)

Let us know how it goes!

XBF Lance J, Nov 3, 2018
  6. coco meat train Win User

Hell JSmitheu, you already seem proficient in troubleshooting and navagating the system settings. I havn’t seen if you have tried a resync of each controller to the console.

Also, does this happen if they are plugged in via USB? I would try that and then double check (again) for any more controller updates while plugged in.
  7. XBF Lance J Win User

Hey JSmitheu,

It does seems like something is going on with the console, we suggest you try a

Factory Reset
    by doing the following:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console.
    Make sure to select the option that allows you to "Keep Your Games and Apps."

(You will also need to know your email and password in order to sign back in afterwards)

Let us know how it goes!
  8. pd730 Win User

TRIGGER MOTORS BUZZING ( 4 controllers in & I'm done with xbox)

My Day One controller vibrates/rattles pretty bad now from the left trigger - only in Forza when locking up the brakes (no ABS). I've also had issues with the left stick not returning to center and therefore continuing to provide directional input - in
    AC4 press to go into haystack and he immediately jumps out. I was in a menu somewhere and it was scrolling up and up with no input from me. Definitely some quality control or design issues with these things.
  9. Andrew_F90 Win User

Xbox one not opening anything to do with network.

Your having trouble signing in Studdly? To access the left menu from the Home Screen all you have to do is press the left stick to the left or press left on the D-pad. Also double tapping the Home button on your controller while on the home screen brings
    up the left menu as well.
  10. mugwampjizm Win User

Destiny beta code not working

nm - you need to hit the HOME button on the controller - go to the left game menu and scroll down to redeem code
Thema:

1. All controllers double input and left scroll on menu - Similar Threads - controllers double input

2. controller double scroll

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller double scroll: when I move my controller up, down, left or right i moves twice how do i fix it. ccd5ee87-1652-4c4d-b028-cb51435e2b7e
  3. Xbox One controller buttons bounce (double tap) with wireless receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller buttons bounce (double tap) with wireless receiver: So here's my problem When my Xbox One controller is connected via the PC Xbox one controller receiver, the ABXY buttons seem to bounce(double tap), and in Xbox home menu the d-pad double taps 99%...
  4. D-Pad do controle de Xbox One clicando duas vezes / Xbox One Controller D-Pad double...

in XBoX on Consoles
    D-Pad do controle de Xbox One clicando duas vezes / Xbox One Controller D-Pad double...: [BR] O lado esquerdo do D-Pad do meu controle de Xbox One está com um problema de duplo clique, por ex: eu aperto pra esquerda no menu Xbox e as vezes ele pula um espaço. Eu seguro pra esquerda...
  5. Xbox One controller double input on "A" button

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller double input on "A" button: Problem as stated above. Using on PC with a receiver(the dongle type thing) plugged into USB, not Bluetooth. At first I thought the "A" button was spoiled and bought a new controller. Same...
  6. My controller double clicks on Xbox home ONLY!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller double clicks on Xbox home ONLY!: I own the xbox one s and one day the xbox home wasnt working properly. Everhtime i am using the home menu, when i press down it goes down 2 or 3 times same thing for every button on the...
  7. Controller buttons double moving

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller buttons double moving: Hey guys, I apologise in advance if this is a question that has already been asked and answered. Im having some trouble when i navigate in the xbox menu m, youtube or other such apps with my...
  8. Xbox one controller D Pad sticking and double clicking issue, FIXED easy way

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one controller D Pad sticking and double clicking issue, FIXED easy way: so after looking through the internet trying to find a way to stop my d pad double clicking to no real avail, having downloaded the game controller tester from the store it became obvious my left...
  9. Wireless Xbox one controller doubles all inputs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox one controller doubles all inputs: I have 6 Xbox One controllers, an Xbox One (X1) and an Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition (Xx). I updated my X1 OS version in mid-November (don't have that visible currently) and the Xx OS...
  10. windows 10 and xbox 360 double controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    windows 10 and xbox 360 double controller: hi, i've 2 wired controllers for xbox 360 and windows 10 doesn't support both when i play with 2 controllers concurrently. how can i use both?? c919fb75-411b-4540-9c01-1dfda4c8955c