All data on hard drive erased and games no longer reconize hard drive

Discus and support All data on hard drive erased and games no longer reconize hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a friend who is having trouble with his X-Box 360. He just bought Grand Theft Auto (not sure which number that is), and it was not allowing him... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ToddGunter Jr, Feb 9, 2014.

1. All data on hard drive erased and games no longer reconize hard drive

I have a friend who is having trouble with his X-Box 360. He just bought Grand Theft Auto (not sure which number that is), and it was not allowing him to select his internal memory drive. So I taken a look, went to settings, and found all of his data has
    been wiped clean. He tried another game, same result: every time he tries selecting his internal memory drive, it keeps popping up "pleas select drive". He has had this 360 for just over a year now.

:)

ToddGunter Jr, Feb 9, 2014
  2. WithyAbyss78
    WithyAbyss78 Guest
    360 slim hard drive moved to another 360 slim. Not even acknowledging that it's there.

My 360 slim took a crap, I got a new one and moved my hard drive from my old slim to my new one. I have a lot of saved data on the hard drive and I cannot get it to read or reconize the hard drive at all. I haven't had live for over a year so iv not signed
    in on a profile before I played or saved a game. It's just all on the hard drive. Is there something that I'm missing?

WithyAbyss78, Feb 9, 2014
  3. nmsucher
    nmsucher Guest
    Halo 3

I have a 4GB xbox 360s. When I play halo 3, it doest reconize that i have a hard drive. If i buy a flash drive, will it reconize it as a hard drive?

nmsucher, Feb 9, 2014
  4. chemicalsora Win User

Black Ops II - Multiplayer freezes! [HELP PLEASE!]

Have you tried erasing the game data for BLOPS 2 off the hard drive? (Not the save file for SP.)
  5. HassanB Win User

Unformatted hdd

Once a hard drive is coming up as "unformatted" that means that the Xbox 360 can no longer read the data that's on that hard drive.

You can try to remove the hard drive and place it back in the console and see if it makes any sort of difference. If it doesn't then that means that the data is already gone as there's no way to read data that's coming up are "unformatted" on a hard drive.

You'd need to format that hard drive in order for it to be readable again. If this happens again, it's likely an issue with the hard drive and it would need to be replaced.
  6. eber3 Win User

Hard Drive 'Unformatted'

Yes formatting a hard drive erases all data. However, it sounds like your data is already gone. You can redownload any games you've purchased digitally, and your profile. But any saves will be lost.
  7. x24hrs2livex Win User

hard drive erased

Sounds very weird. Ive never heard of anything like that before. Maybe try contacting support
  8. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Moving stuff from one hard drive to another

If it's still on the old hard drive you could use a USB flash drive to move it and any game saves etc over. I'm not sure doing a data transfer again would be advisable, if you did do a data transfer previously odds are the old data was erased. You would
    need to check that the files are still on the old hard drive.

-

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/storage
Thema:

All data on hard drive erased and games no longer reconize hard drive

1. All data on hard drive erased and games no longer reconize hard drive - Similar Threads - data hard drive

2. Retrieving data from internal hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Retrieving data from internal hard drive: Please help. I recently had a house fire which destroyed my basement. My original xbox was damaged but internal HD is intact. After removal how and what would I need to transfer my data? Thank you...
  3. Transferring data across xbox 360 hard drive to Cloud Saved Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring data across xbox 360 hard drive to Cloud Saved Games: Hello I am struggling with transferring my data across from xbox 360 hard drive to the Cloud Saved Games. For the downloaded games, they move across but only Mbs and not Gbs, why is that? (It...
  4. transfer save game data to a external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    transfer save game data to a external hard drive: I have Minecraft on the Xbox one with a updated world, however I'm trying to play the same game on the same profile but unable to sync data for the Minecraft on the new console for the updated...
  5. Can't transfer or copy game saved data from internal hard drive to external hard drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't transfer or copy game saved data from internal hard drive to external hard drive.: Hello everyone! I had to get an external hard drive because I ran out of space on my Xbox One (for some reason it only came with 365 GB of internal hard drive space). However, I transferred all...
  6. hard drive replacement from a previous xboxs .will i be able to get the games data on it ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hard drive replacement from a previous xboxs .will i be able to get the games data on it ...: is it possible to change hard drives in xbox 360s and retain all the games data on the replacement drive 1a6a3200-c120-4581-9eee-48e668ae1f92
  7. X box one S power supply BAD Service , No swap hard drive on repair.Will loose all game data

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box one S power supply BAD Service , No swap hard drive on repair.Will loose all game data: Have a 3 month old x box one S with built in power supply .That wouldn't boot up After many hours on with help desk and lots of emails , I'm still no better off.I have to send back and they will...
  8. Is there any way that I can transfer save data to a USB hard drive without erasing every thing ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way that I can transfer save data to a USB hard drive without erasing every thing ...: Is there any possible way to transfer 360 data onto a USB hard drive without erasing everything on that hard drive (I.e.: formatting)? I know that I have more than 32 GB of available space on the...
  9. How to use offline hard drive data instead of cloud?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to use offline hard drive data instead of cloud?: Hello, hopefully someone has some help for me.. So I'm playing fallout 4, and here is my issue. I had been playing offline at home recently because, sadly, I had no internet access here until this...
  10. Transfering Data from one Xbox One Hard Drive to Another

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfering Data from one Xbox One Hard Drive to Another: Hello, My Xbox One has recently broken. My Xbox One is completely dead and I am buying a new one. However, I believe the internal hard drive is still intact and I would like to obtain the data...