All game captures deleted when they discontinued Upload Studio

Discus and support All game captures deleted when they discontinued Upload Studio in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can anyone explain why every single one of my game captures stored directly to my Xbox storage were deleted when Upload Studio was discontinued? I had... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dippin Linton, Mar 5, 2021.

1. All game captures deleted when they discontinued Upload Studio

Can anyone explain why every single one of my game captures stored directly to my Xbox storage were deleted when Upload Studio was discontinued? I had years of clips saved that are now just completely gone because of someone else's decision?

:)

Dippin Linton, Mar 5, 2021
  2. (Farscape) Win User

didnt delete any of mine, also how many clip did you have, as the xbox will only store so much then it starts overwriting the old with new.
  3. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Xbox clips have disappeared

Hi MackNewman23,

Have you tried doing the following

Manage your game clips on Xbox One

When you make game clips using the Xbox One capturing feature, you can use the Upload Studio app to view and edit them. You can work from game clips you’ve captured, or you can record video or audio commentary about your clips using your Kinect sensor.

Note Upload Studio is not installed to your Xbox One console by default. You can download it for free from the
    Microsoft Store

To find and edit your clips:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then go to Broadcast & capture.
    2. Select Recent captures. If your clip isn’t a recent one, select See All.
    3. Select the clip that you want to edit, and then select Edit in Upload Studio.
    4. If Upload Studio is already installed, it will open to your clip and you can begin editing. See Editing videos with Upload Studio to learn how
      to edit your videos.
    Here’s another way to find your clips:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Go to Broadcast & capture, and then select Capture > Manage Captures.
    3. The default filter shows everything already published on Xbox Live.
    4. To see clips you’ve captured but not yet uploaded, select the filter On Xbox Live and choose On this Xbox.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox live captures on pc

Hey Jason!

Thanks for reaching out to us today. Game clips on Xbox are recorded, edited, and shared from the Game DVR feature associated to the Upload Studio app. The Upload Studio app is the only way to upload and share clips that you recorded from Xbox or Xbox on
    Windows 10.

As of right now, I don't think there is a way to convert or transfer your recorded files that are captured using your internal graphics card. All clips are captured using the Game DVR feature and then edited and shared from Upload Studio.

Look over our
    Game DVR and Upload Studio on Xbox One
    article online that goes over how to record and share clips on Xbox.

Hope this helps!
  5. rottenblossom Win User

Capture Queue / Xbox DVR/ Upload Studio Problem?

I tried power cycling, all of the dvr trouble shooting options 1, 2, and 3. I uninstalled upload studio completely to see if i could just get a clean capture.

There is nothing else, no gameplay, internet activity, etc, to interfere with this activity. I even captured play in a practice ranged against AI bots.

When I hold the home button to launch, I can view the capture. But when I go to my captures, it is not there. It still winds up in the Upload Queue in XBOX DVR(which is now showing up under my profile with Upload studio still uninstalled) - where a 3 minute
    capture on high speed broadband takes extremely long to cycle through.
  6. TheVet96 Win User

Help, all my local captures have disappeared.

There is an app called upload studio. Are your captures and screenshots still there at least?
    Once in the Upload Studio:

1. Open the guide > Broadcast & capture > Capture > Manage Captures.
    2. The default filter shows everything already published on Xbox Live.

To see clips you’ve captured but not yet uploaded, select the filter On Xbox Live and choose On this Xbox.
Thema:

1. All game captures deleted when they discontinued Upload Studio - Similar Threads - game captures deleted

2. Can't find my game captures on Xbox one profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find my game captures on Xbox one profile: I have a sinking feeling this might be a shot in the dark but I have to try because this has really been upsetting me. My Xbox One died over a year ago and I had given up on trying to fix it (it...
  3. Game Captures cut to 5-8 seconds, desperate for help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Captures cut to 5-8 seconds, desperate for help: I have a Gears 5 Xbox One X, and no matter what i record, my Game Capture is only 5-8 seconds long. No matter what i change (resolution, duration, storage, factory resetting xbox), it only ends up...
  4. Game captures

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game captures: Hi so i am trying to delete some of my game captures but the problem is when i try to delete it they just show back up again im on xbox series s btw please help c8df9f04-d7c4-42b7-a6f1-fa83bf762334
  5. Captures and game dvr

in XBoX Accessibility
    Captures and game dvr: I need help with my captures on XBOX ONE, they are only clipping 5-20 seconds instead of 28 I have factory reset my console twice deleted all of my clips and almost all of my games (only have 2)...
  6. No space freed up after deleting game captures on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    No space freed up after deleting game captures on Xbox One: As my Xbox One X is running out of free disk space I decided to delete the game captures (Screenshots and Game DVR) from my Xbox. And yes I selected the game captures on the Xbox itself and not on...
  7. Deleted the Game DVR Captures folder

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleted the Game DVR Captures folder: I deleted the captures folder and now game DVR won't work. Is there any way for me to restore it? The Game DVR setting page says the following: [img] As you can see, it isn't saving the files...
  8. Recover deleted game captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover deleted game captures: I ran out off room on my Xbox storage so I went to delete some captures (I know now this doesn't work) and I deleted them all by accident. is there any way to recover them or are they gone...
  9. Game Captures that I cannot find or delete

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Captures that I cannot find or delete: So according to my Xbox One Dashboard I have 96 unshared items in my Captures. I have looked and indeed there are 96 items there. But I cannot find them anywhere to delete them on my Xbox One....
  10. All game captures deleted

in XBoX on Consoles
    All game captures deleted: Haven't been on my xbox in a week or two, and then when I get on again all of my captures on my hard drive, meaning the "on this xbox" section of the captures menu, were gone. I had tons and tons...