All I get is lag.

Discus and support All I get is lag. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My 360 all of a sudden wanted to become laggy all the time. Sometimes I'm watching youtube videos, or netflix and it keeps buffering. Sometimes I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TragicalStorm, Feb 24, 2014.

1. All I get is lag.

My 360 all of a sudden wanted to become laggy all the time. Sometimes I'm watching youtube videos, or netflix and it keeps buffering. Sometimes I'm playing a game like Ghosts or GTA 5 and I experience lag, game chat is skipping around and then I'm booted
    from the game. I was in a party sitting on dashboard and the chat was just fine but as soon as I started a game the lag came. Sometimes I even start a game and automatically lose connection to xbox live.

I've tried resetting my internet, deleted my gamertag from the 360 and added it back on, but nothing is working. I also have laptops, phones and an Xbox One connected to the internet also, and I'm on wireless. Anyone have suggestions to fix please?

:)

TragicalStorm, Feb 24, 2014
  2. Why?

Why is it that everyone always complains about lag? I don't get much lag in Battlefield, if at all.

IsaacClarkeSNL, Feb 24, 2014
  3. Epichawk195
    Epichawk195 Guest
    Nat type is open, still getting MASSIVE lag

So this has been happening recently. My bad type is open but I would still get massive amount of lag in the games I play. My sister also has an Xbox one but she gets no lag at all. Yet I get all the lag. Just wondering what's wrong? And what can I do to
    fix it because this issue is really getting me aggravated to the highest degree.

Epichawk195, Feb 24, 2014
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

All I get is lag.

Greetings TragicalStorm!

Before we begin, could we have you answer a few questions, so that we can get a better understanding of your situation.

Please read:
    START HERE! And post back in full detail (the bits in bold).

If its possible, could you verify if you are able to connect properly by connecting your Xbox with an Ethernet cable directly to your router.

[quote user="TragicalStorm"]I've tried resetting my internet, deleted my gamertag from the 360 and added it back on, but nothing is working.[/quote]If you haven't already, you may also want to clear your Xbox system cache.
    Here's how!

Post back and let us know how that goes and we'll go from there.

taidara, Feb 24, 2014
  5. taidara Win User

All I get is lag.

Greetings TragicalStorm!

Before we begin, could we have you answer a few questions, so that we can get a better understanding of your situation.

Please read:
    START HERE! And post back in full detail (the bits in bold).

If its possible, could you verify if you are able to connect properly by connecting your Xbox with an Ethernet cable directly to your router.

[quote user="TragicalStorm"]I've tried resetting my internet, deleted my gamertag from the 360 and added it back on, but nothing is working.[/quote]If you haven't already, you may also want to clear your Xbox system cache.
    Here's how!

Post back and let us know how that goes and we'll go from there.
  6. IsaacClarkeSNL Win User

Why?

Why is it that everyone always complains about lag? I don't get much lag in Battlefield, if at all.
  7. Shikamaru-637A40E9-6 Win User

dedicated servers

The part about the lag in this game isn't true. I play with people who pay too much money for their fios, and we'll all get into a quick match and there is extreme lag for all of us.
  8. PHISHPOND Win User

No lag in LA?

I think you need to define lag. There is the real jumpy kind of lag which is what most people prob think of when you mention lag. Then there is the 9 and a half hit marker lag. The game runs smooth but seem a slow all around. You mite notice it slows when
    u get near someone. i have this all the dam time. Funny tho around 9 at night it all goes away. I am in the Pittsburgh and lag is part of life with this game but I almost never see lag in any other game ever.
  9. UneasyJmitchell Win User

i need to fix this prob im 1 second slower sometimes

Theres more of a host advantage in BO1 and MW2, than in MW3 and BO2. I think it gets upgraded/tweeked/adjusted all the time (lag comp). The OP seemed to describe normal lag instead of lag comp.
Thema:

All I get is lag.

1. All I get is lag. - Similar Threads - lag

2. Xbox lags every few seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox lags every few seconds: So ive never had this problem before but recently while playing online, every 15-20 seconds my xbox will freeze for 5 or so seconds and then unfreeze and ill be dead in the game. I play a LOT of...
  3. Streaming on Win 10 (latest alpha ring): lag and poor quality!

in XboX Insiders
    Streaming on Win 10 (latest alpha ring): lag and poor quality!: I am on alpha and I have 1911.190916-1945, companion app installed (48.55.30001) on my win 10 pro (18362 - 15063.356). With latest alpha on xbox streaming is a disaster: lag and poor quality....
  4. Mouse/Keyboard LAGGING while gaming with Game Pass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Mouse/Keyboard LAGGING while gaming with Game Pass PC: Hello, All games work fine with the game pass Xbox App as long as I use a Xbox One Controller. But when I try to use the mouse + keyboard as a normal PC gamer does : Freeze, lag, unplayable. I...
  5. Streaming Improvement: FH4 playable and no more input lag

in XboX Insiders
    Streaming Improvement: FH4 playable and no more input lag: Streaming improved on Forza Horizon 4 now, very few stutters as a few weeks ago, good image quality, even input lag from latest few firmware is eventually fixed! I'm very confident to have a good...
  6. Azure server lag spiking upto 1000ms every 30 Seconds! Affecting Xbox gameplay SEVERELY!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Azure server lag spiking upto 1000ms every 30 Seconds! Affecting Xbox gameplay SEVERELY!: There is some Severe Azure Server Lag Every 30 seconds.Upto 1000ms! It has been happening for over 2 weeks now, and Microsoft has yet to fix it? I'm guessing not enough people are complaining to...
  7. asphalt 9 lagging

in XBoX Games and Apps
    asphalt 9 lagging: hi there I installed asphalt 9 game and it works perfectly but sometimes when I play some multiplayer races it starts lagging and turns the game off c0e84213-4ac7-4ce1-a79d-c0adb2c3825a
  8. World of tanks lags me out to the dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    World of tanks lags me out to the dashboard: When im loading into a match i lag out and is sent the Dashboard with the message , there was a problem 0x45d and most of the time i get a message to clear my local saved games...
  9. Good internet doesn't stop my lagging in online gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Good internet doesn't stop my lagging in online gaming?: Just to start off I bought my Xbox off of eBay earlier this year and it worked as it should, still does. The problems starting occurring a while after the release date of apex legends, all of...
  10. Fichiers .mkv 4K lag [Translation - .Mkv 4K lag files]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fichiers .mkv 4K lag [Translation - .Mkv 4K lag files]: Salut, Je possède une One X, relié un écran de PC 4K (oui, pas de TV). Pour tester, j'ai mis des petites vidéos 4K en .mkv (non, pas de Blu-Ray piraté comme on dit) de 4 minutes maximum....