“All of our games… will play up and down that family of devices” – Xbox’s Matt Booty ends...

Discus and support “All of our games… will play up and down that family of devices” – Xbox’s Matt Booty ends... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It's a matter of perspective & where the individual values their investment. For many like yourself there's not a huge discernable reason to upgrade... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Koods, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Koods
    Koods Guest

“All of our games… will play up and down that family of devices” – Xbox’s Matt Booty ends...

It's a matter of perspective & where the individual values their investment. For many like yourself there's not a huge discernable reason to upgrade and you're happy to wait for obsolecence or necessity, a situation I was in with Xbox One to start with
    or more akin to how I view my mobile phone for instance. (Run it into the ground!) For others they're already noticing a disparity in quality between what's available on console in 2020 and our PC counterparts and are more inclined to invest for those upgrades
    much in the same way people did with the Xbox One X on release.

For the avoidance of doubt I don't see it having a significant impact on Series X sales figures, they're laying down a framework to protect January 14th 2020 sales potential to avoid having to try to sell a short term prospect at a premium price. After
    all they don't want a situation where they're asking people to shell out £400 on an Xbox One X only for it to be wholesale replaced inside the calendar year, this is a unique situation which we've never really faced before as no generation has ever had such
    a significant technological upgrade to a generation. Previously we've been used to "slimmed down" consoles releasing after a couple of years, this is the first we've seen "superior" consoles such as the X & Pro released so it's not really something we have
    precident for. The setup they're going for on the other hand is not so unique, we almost always see a "crossover" period, this is just an extension of a prexisting precident where they support a console for a timeframe they're just vocalising their pathway
    this time round which is more unusual.

:)

Koods, Jan 15, 2020
  2. NextMemory Win User

“All of our games… will play up and down that family of devices” – Xbox’s Matt Booty ends the next-gen exclusive as we know it

I like this, because I know I won’t be able to afford getting a series x (maybe after a few years and a price drop). So being able to play new releases still will be so great. Was disappointed when xbox one came out, so many games I wanted to play I couldn’t
    and had to wait years before I could get the system and play them.
  3. Wackieracer Win User

“All of our games… will play up and down that family of devices” – Xbox’s Matt Booty ends the next-gen exclusive as we know it

It would be great, but not sure it will ever be possible.
  4. SnuggleFalcon22 Win User

It is good for me as i won't be able to afford the new Xbox when it comes out and I still won;t to able to play the new Halo when it comes out.
  5. GateByte Win User

I will get the Series X. Maybe not a launch console, but probably sometime next year. We have the Xbox One X here already, but once our media room is done we'll probably want the higher performance console to push out better graphics to our newer tv.
  6. annix Win User

Honestly, it's a great move for consumers, especially if your purchase is cr****te also means you get the Xbox Series X version if you upgrade c****ng for thurd party games - only having to buy GTA 6 or Cyberpunk once. The ****l first party games will
    support this. How on earth they're going to make a game that is built to fully take advantage of system level NVMe support and advanced physics work on an Xbox One S with a platter drive and Jaguar based CPU cores is beyond me. I just hope it doesn't make
    next gen games worse by making them have to support super old hardware. The issue with the comparison to previous cross gen titles like Forza Horizon 2, or Titanfall is that the last gen versions of those games were seperate SKUs developed by seperate studios.
    All very confusing.
Thema:

1. “All of our games… will play up and down that family of devices” – Xbox’s Matt Booty ends... - Similar Threads - “All games… play

2. 360 dlc needed to play saved game all of a sudden!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 dlc needed to play saved game all of a sudden!: Ive recently started to play Fable 2 again. It was a firm favourite of mine. I finished playing yesterday and came back to it today to find when i select my saved game it asked me to download the...
  3. Can I play my physically owned Xbox One games on the All-Digital Xbox One S Console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play my physically owned Xbox One games on the All-Digital Xbox One S Console?: Hello, I see that the Xbox One S All-Digital is on sale for a pretty good deal. I was wondering if there was a way I could still play my old Xbox One games (that I own physical copies of) on...
  4. What games are you all playing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What games are you all playing?: How are you enjoying Forza Motorsport 5? f16d6262-ea52-4859-b3c0-37f6c0eb23e6
  5. I can't play my games even though I own them all?!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play my games even though I own them all?!?: Ok i don't know whats happening to my games or my xbox but i keep getting hit with the error code 0x803F9006 for ALL of my games when i have bought them ALL myself. I am tired of not being able to...
  6. Can I play all xbox one games without internet and xbox live account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play all xbox one games without internet and xbox live account?: I'm fed up with Microsoft servers thatt has awful download speed on high speed.But my internet no longer an high speed internet provider.Do you required me to have an online xbox live account with...
  7. X box 360 not playing all my game discs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box 360 not playing all my game discs.: I own an Xbox 360 and an x box one x the one x is wired into my net work and the 360 is on WiFi . I own probably about 50 game discs for the 360 which all used to work . Currently only about 5...
  8. All the games I try to play give Error Multiplayer

in XBoX on Windows
    All the games I try to play give Error Multiplayer: Xbox on PC is giving error when trying to play multiplayer mode with one person, I get an error saying 'session not found', in most games i play d9f86e1e-556d-4b0e-b557-6f24b5725042
  9. Xbox one will not sync saved files for all my games after playing boarderlands 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one will not sync saved files for all my games after playing boarderlands 3: Can not play any of my games after playing boarderlands 3, i keep getting sync error message for all games now 373ccaea-5df7-4eac-84b3-57b06d7c833f
  10. why won't the last update I got on fallout 4 download all the way I can't play my game anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't the last update I got on fallout 4 download all the way I can't play my game anymore: Why won't the last update on fallout 4 download all the way it will not finish so I can play the game 8e625c96-038c-4cdd-9023-3d3d2ebaa5c6